but im not sure yet cuz idk much about them, are they as good as ppl say or do they sound like everyother solid state amp. i was looking at the 30 watt. mainly gonna be using this amp for recording and practicing in my dorm room. im open to any other suggestions if you have any. my only thing that i really want in an amp is a line out/headphone jack for recording or practicing late at night when ppl are asleep. i also want to keep my budget as close to $300 or under if possible.
if you're playing clean to hard rock then it's a good choice, if you're playing anything heavier then roland cubes is a better choice or the valvetronix XL series would be worth having a look at
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
It's got good tone for a hybrid/solid state, and the only thing you can get that would be better would be the trio of 5 watt tube amps: Epi Valve Jr., Fender Champion 600, and Crate Palimino V8. None of those have headphone capabilities, i dont think, though.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
+1 ^

there shockingly **** for metal and anything remotely heavy..even with a distortion pedal.... sold mine months ago best decision ever!
GEAR

Schecter C8 Hellraiser
Jackson RR7R
Parker P-40
Mesa Boogie Rectoverb

For Sale/Trade:

ESP Ltd MV-200
Fallen Angel 40DSP
i guess i should mention that i dont really play metal i mainly play classic rock, bluesy type stuff, and more modern rock
Quote by pirate_shanty
+1 ^

there shockingly **** for metal and anything remotely heavy..even with a distortion pedal.... sold mine months ago best decision ever!

They can handle metal if you know how to EQ properly.
Don't scoop the mids.
That's what the Vox Valvetronix line is best at, so you'll be pleased.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
sweet i really want a good amp that has a good warm sounding clean and a good overdriven sound or at least something i can overdrive with a pedal so this vox sounds like the way to go
All models except the AD15VT have a power control knob on the back so you can vary the wattage right down to 1 watt which lets you run the volume up full and not lose all of the tone.

There's a Valvetronix forum where you can get an idea of some the presets that can be used:

http://www.valvetronix.net/forum/index.php
I have the AD30VT and I like it alot. Nice variety of decent tones. Check out this thread for some good info, sound & video demos of the Valvetronix.
Quote by TNfootballfan62
...the trio of 5 watt tube amps: Epi Valve Jr., Fender Champion 600, and Crate Palimino V8. None of those have headphone capabilities, i dont think, though.

You could add the Peavey Royal 8 to that lot and it does have a headphone socket.
I've had my ad30vt for almost a year now and it's a great amp. Very versatile and though it's not a tube amp it's got some very nice tones overall, especially for an SS.

Unless you want to play super heavy metal all the time it should be fine, great for classic rock and could probably get to a bit of metal without a problem IMO.

Also with the wattage knob on the back you can lower the watts and play in quiet situations.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
www.dolphinstreet.com i think that's the site, anyway there are some great videos of the vox advt, this guy is very experienced so knows how to tweak it right, but he swears by them
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
you'll love it, i love mine, and dude.....i play metal with mine all the time, they're awesome , i'm not talking about like insane death metal though, i'm talking about metallica and ozzy type stuff
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
www.dolphinstreet.com i think that's the site, anyway there are some great videos of the vox advt, this guy is very experienced so knows how to tweak it right, but he swears by them

I really like watching Robert's videos on that site. That guy is real no-nonsense and knows his stuff.

And I think it was mentioned above but there are also some good demo videos on YouTube.

I was going to out to buy a new tube amp today but I just spent a couple of hours with my AD30VT and decided buying new amp just 'cause it has tubes is a waste of money for me at the moment. I like my Vox and really don't want to change.
ok so i really wanna buy the AD30VT now...if only i can scrape together some damn money. how low do you think guitar center will go down on the price of this thing
Well I think I was able to get the price of my ad30vt down to around two hundred, cause Guitar Center was having this one day midnight sale thing and it was like 20% off.
So look out for good sales....

However other than that I imagine with the new XL series they might lower the ad30vt price.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
dude 200 would be perfect i could def scrape together that much money from a couple of jobs and im gonna sell my old amp to a friend for like 50 or 60. im kinda hopin to get this thing this week because im leaving for college the week after.
awesome i keep hearing good things about these amps theyre supposedly great for recording which is wahat i really need one for
the only downside to the 30 is the speaker. i found a G10 vintage for cheap recently and made the upgrade in mine. definitely worth the cash! it makes every amp model sound so much better.
...Damn Right I Got The Blues...