Page 1 of 2
Who is the most self-centered musician in your opinion?

I'd have to go with Rob Thomas. He writes all of his songs, and there isn't one line that doesn't have a variation of "I," "Me," "My," or "Myself". Every single song has to be about him, saying how lonely or sad he is. The only good song he's done was Smooth by Santana because it wasn't necessarily about him.
I wouldn't go so far as to call Bono self-centered, but he definitley has the worst ego.
Sir Malmsteen!
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Axl Rose.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Axl Rose. He has an amazing touring group right now, and he really is making a complete hash of it by trying to take control. And I refer to the frontman of Eagles Of Death Metal, who confirmed this from his experience.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by Izz
Axl?

you know he says he never gets time to go on vacation, but i believe he's on a permanent ego-trip

/phail
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
The frontman of the brian jonestown massacre..........moody basterd..... makes dam good music though
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Roger Waters? Dunno, just something I've though of but might be very wrong.
I'm going to take a call for Marylin Manson. He pissed off both Trent Reznor AND John 5, who both seem like quite amiable people. Don't know about the whole Dita Von Tease thing though.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Axl, Yngwie, Mustaine and Chris, the other guitarist in our band.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Me.

I write and perform everything on my songs: guitar (rhythm/lead), bass, drums, and vox. Every song I write is about how great of a musician I am. I make sure I have 5 solos per song just to show off my abilities. My band is named after me, James the Greatest Musician on the Planet. When I play live I use prerecorded versions of my song, with all instruments set up so I can solo on each of them when the time comes, and always open with my song about how stage musicians aren't good enough to play the material I write. If anyone in the place is not paying attention, I throw a huge fit and leave.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Oliver Sykes from Bring Me the Horizon.

He pissed on a girl and hit her in the head with a bottle cause she wouldn't have sex with him.
Call me Roche.

Quote by Dyers
wut is a luthier? im assuming it has to do with the luthern church
Quote by i have to pee
Me.

I write and perform everything on my songs: guitar (rhythm/lead), bass, drums, and vox. Every song I write is about how great of a musician I am. I make sure I have 5 solos per song just to show off my abilities. My band is named after me, James the Greatest Musician on the Planet. When I play live I use prerecorded versions of my song, with all instruments set up so I can solo on each of them when the time comes, and always open with my song about how stage musicians aren't good enough to play the material I write. If anyone in the place is not paying attention, I throw a huge fit and leave.

Win.
Quote by _Mayday_
Somehow; I thought it would be a better idea to show the bus driver my dick instead of my bus pass.
Quote by roythereaper
I'm going to take a call for Marylin Manson. He pissed off both Trent Reznor AND John 5, who both seem like quite amiable people. Don't know about the whole Dita Von Tease thing though.

Whatever. Trent Reznor is washed up , and John 5 wanted to do his own thing.

Who cares about Dita Von Tease. Like none of the other rock stars haven't had their day with relationships and the media.
Manson is just a wanker full stop.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Roger Waters crossed the line for me when he put "Roger Waters as performed by Pink Floyd" on his album covers.

But non-famous musicians? The lead guitar in my band, he thinks he's so much better than everyone else and if you try to tell him different, he'll hit you.

He asked me why Herman Li plays so slowly. Then proceded to fail to play Brain Damage by Pink Floyd at speed.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by koikomoru
Whatever. Trent Reznor is washed up , and John 5 wanted to do his own thing.

Who cares about Dita Von Tease. Like none of the other rock stars haven't had their day with relationships and the media.

The fact still remains there's a bitterness between those two and Manson. And I agree with you on the Von Tease thing.
Call me Callum

Kurt Cobain. Seriously..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The majority of young western musicans are so self centred, you can feel their ego walk into a room. However having said that if you dont feel like you are the most important artist around you wont succeed.
Quote by Necrolust
Me

This guy.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
kerry king in his choice of constantly putting other musicians down like metallica and machine head
Marilyn Manson and J5 left on mutual terms. There's no 'bitterness' between them. Even john 5 said so.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by NOLA
kerry king in his choice of constantly putting other musicians down like metallica and machine head

I think you've mistaken Kerry King for Dave Mustaine.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Kurt Cobain. Seriously..

he just had issues

and wasnt trent reznor the one who signed manson? dont hold that statement against me, though....

and kerry king also has a fued with metallica and machine head and was saying **** about them. hes like a bald mustaine.

Jack my swag
Last edited by gopherthegreat at Aug 3, 2007,
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Marilyn Manson and J5 left on mutual terms. There's no 'bitterness' between them. Even john 5 said so.

Oh? I must have misread something somewhere then. Thanks for clearing that up.
Call me Callum

Page 1 of 2
Recommended threads
First bass!
metalmatt13
Last post:
by NightmarishSoul
Scooped mids? ( 1 2 )
kirkhammett09
Last post:
by dead-fish