so i play drums(and guitar) and for those who also play drums i dont know the name of a cymbal its used alot in the hardcore/metal area i call it the breakdown crash, but for those who know hatebreed on the chorus of destroy everything he uses it for those people who dont know them www.myspace.com/hatebreed and listen to the song,so basicly what is the cymbal called?

-thanks
Last edited by ddranthony92 at Aug 3, 2007,
A crash cymbal?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by HorridxHopes
China Cymbal

do u know if it has to be a certain shape cause im lookin at them online and my guitar center dosnt let u test them out with a stick
Quote by AeroZeppelin09
CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG, CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG, I LOVE YOU, YES I DO!!!!!!

wee

Reported for spam

AND
Quote by ddranthony92
do u know if it has to be a certain shape cause im lookin at them online and my guitar center dosnt let u test them out with a stick

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Paiste-PST-5-China?sku=447560 That's what you're looking for.

They look like that.

You'll have to be prepared to spend quite a bit, because cheap chinas sound TERRIBLE.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Only thing is, I didn't hear a china cymbal in that song at all. Unless it was a really light china cymbal, all I heard was hi-hat and some crash. I'm not a drummer, but that's what I could make out.

Usually, china cymbals are very harsh sounding. While crashes make a "kshh" sound, a china sound more like a "chaaa" sound, if that helps or makes any sense.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
basicly but i was lookin at a sabian B8 which is the cymbal set i have and the chinas look like normal crashes
Quote by graybass_20x6
Only thing is, I didn't hear a china cymbal in that song at all. Unless it was a really light china cymbal, all I heard was hi-hat and some crash. I'm not a drummer, but that's what I could make out.

Usually, china cymbals are very harsh sounding. While crashes make a "kshh" sound, a china sound more like a "chaaa" sound, if that helps or makes any sense.

but if you used a china and a crash at the same time...
Quote by graybass_20x6

i just gotta say ur avatar owns soo much funny thing is i was just saying that
I used to play drums before I got my guitar, and I think it's a crash cymbal...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by ddranthony92
basicly but i was lookin at a sabian B8 which is the cymbal set i have and the chinas look like normal crashes

They may look similar, though you have to know that china cymbals sit "upside down", or look like they do in comparison to other cymbals.

Grayedit:
Quote by guitarguy17
but if you used a china and a crash at the same time...

Possible, but I either couldn't hear it or I can't tell. Again, I'm no drummer.

Quote by ddranthony92
i just gotta say ur avatar owns soo much funny thing is i was just saying that

Thanks.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Last edited by graybass_20x6 at Aug 3, 2007,
Go to Danny Carey's website, there's an interactive drum-kit on there, and you can tap the china cymbals to see if it's the sound you're looking for.

By the way.. Dave Weckl smokes all other drummers..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.