There is something wrong with the 5th fret of my low E string. Everytime I play it no sound comes out or it comes out really s***ty sounding. There is nothing wrong with any of my other frets or strings. Does anybody know how to fix this? It was working a few hours ago too. And its doesn't have to do with tuning or being a bad player. I'v retuned it a few times already and its still not working
Honorary Masshole. PM SOADFanSince'98 to join

Sometimes I feel like I don't have a partner....
try a different lead, this happened to me once, cept it was my whole e string, turned out the lead was fucked
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
thats really weird, have u checked for neck warpage, saddle(bridge) height. have you checked the nut, did you wind the string on the tuner properly? What kind of strings are you playing, maybe it was bent?
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Quote by Scrubs
try a different lead, this happened to me once, cept it was my whole e string, turned out the lead was fucked

I was curious, what is a lead in reference to strings? thanks.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
i dunno...it seems wierd that only the 5th fret is affected.like u said^ a lead would probably affect the whole string...i would probably phone a guitar shop, or guitar center ect...ask them about it...the only thing that is coming to my mind right now is fret problems,but im no pro...lol
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
lionmute sounds lie hes onto something...neck warpage seems reasonable or something wrong with the string...
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

i think i might have some neck warpage but im not sure. How could i check for it? Is it serious?

srry...sounds like***
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

well, take a mental test of why a neck would warp...have u left it in a garage, let it change temp. a lot...is it made of a high or low quality wood...like i said,im no pro,but im just throwin ideas out there
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

to tell u the truth,it sounds like a bent string to me...have u checked that?
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

well my nut board was all screwed up and i just fixed it by hammering (with my hand not a hammer) it back in place but its still isn't working.
And it probably got hit or something....My brother has Autism so and sometimes he touches it and it runs hits walls and stuff. Thats how my acoustic broke. He stepped right on the neck and snapped it in half. ):

Last edited by HendrixCMD at Aug 3, 2007,