Ok, I really wanted to keep with the Marshall line, and I was really wanted to get either 2x10 or 2x12. I want a fairly decent wattage (compared the the 15MG-CDR I have now) and something that will really give a good tone. Built-in effects are not really necessary.

I would like to keep the price as little as possible, anything over 600 is definitely out of the question. I searched on GC and couldn't find much, so if you would like to suggest something outside of Marshall, then thats fine and I will definitely consider it.

The guy at GC agreed that MG's were ****, and in saying that, he said he highly recommended the Line6 Spider III. I haven't heard the best things, so I wanted to check here first.

Lastly, I have also looked into Vox, and would prefer to stay awhile from fender, but I just need a better amp.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Love those people at GC
The Spider is an okay practice amp at best... quite digital sounding and overall, its crap

What kind of music do you play?
Anything fender or Vox will be better than anything hybird by Marshall. Marshall only makes good valve amps. The AVT/MG are more of a beginer type amp. They really dont have anything inbetween. You can find a used DSL for about 900 CAN.

Try a Peavey Classic.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
I play classic Rock, important thing I forgot to mention. Mainly, the one thing I play is Aerosmith.......with a slight bit of GnR and Motley. But truthfully, if I could get something to give me that Joe Perry or Brad Whitford sound, I would be in heaven.
Guitars
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
I'm going to suggest a Vox Valvetronix, the 30 watt one. I have the 15 watt version, and love it. It has built-in effects, and has a much better tone than your MG, although it's not anywhere as good as a tube amp. For $600, you're not going to be able to get a good Marshall tube amp, since the better ones good for around 800 to 900 at the lowest I've seen. However, I got my JCM for $770 (including s&h). But go for the vox it'll be a nice between step from your MG to say a JCM, and it will be a good practice amp since you probably won't be able to get that sound, that you want from a tube amp at bedroom levels.
Proud owner of a Marshall JCM 800 2204 MK II

Colonel of the Megadeth Military

PM BlackicN to join/get ranking
I don't know about Aerosmith, didn't pay attention to there guitar that much when I've listened to them. But, try the Peavey Windsor, It is made trying to recreate a marshall.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
for the love of got dont get a spider. they will not give you any tone whatsoever, no matter how hard you try. believe me. i've owned one.

what do you need this new amp for? how loud do you want it to be?
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
doesn't need to be that loud. I really want two speakers and a bigger 'sized' amp. More for the overall effect. I won't be playing anywhere besides my bedroom or my garage by myself.

My Marshall MG 15W is more than loud enough for anything I do.
Guitars
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
I got my Marshall JCM900 hi-gain dual-reverb combo for around 600. It's a good amp and is very loud. It has two 12" speakers.
Quote by Paith
doesn't need to be that loud. I really want two speakers and a bigger 'sized' amp. More for the overall effect. I won't be playing anywhere besides my bedroom or my garage by myself.

My Marshall MG 15W is more than loud enough for anything I do.

if you are just a bedroom musician man, then a 15w-30w tube combo will be your best friend.
Quote by JMan2423
I'm going to suggest a Vox Valvetronix, the 30 watt one. I have the 15 watt version, and love it. It has built-in effects, and has a much better tone than your MG, although it's not anywhere as good as a tube amp. For $600, you're not going to be able to get a good Marshall tube amp, since the better ones good for around 800 to 900 at the lowest I've seen. However, I got my JCM for $770 (including s&h). But go for the vox it'll be a nice between step from your MG to say a JCM, and it will be a good practice amp since you probably won't be able to get that sound, that you want from a tube amp at bedroom levels.

the vox 30W is only $240...you can probably get a lot more than that.

get the peavey classic 30. hands down, you'll love it.
make sure you try it out first, make sure it sounds good and its really what you want.
if you like it, then have fun, if you dont...well come back to UG and ask us
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Quote by imnotastoner
the vox 30W is only $240...you can probably get a lot more than that.

get the peavey classic 30. hands down, you'll love it.
make sure you try it out first, make sure it sounds good and its really what you want.
if you like it, then have fun, if you dont...well come back to UG and ask us

+1 for the Peavey Classic
+1 for the peavey classic, maybe a traynor if you can stretch to it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by metfeild
go with the marshall if you go to www.musiciansfriend.com they have really cheap ones along with other things thats where i get all my stuff and its really great quality

Umm, no.

There's no good NEW marshall in his price range.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you're spending $600 on a Vox, **** 2 speakers and just get an AC15.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
im also a big 70s aerosmith fan, and im thinking about the peavey classic 30 as my next amp. ive played it twice. i loved it.
also, check out the crate v series. i liked the classic 30 better, but you might think differently.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

being so into classic rock, vox aC models pretty much made classic rock. and with 15 or 30 watts of damn good classic tube tone, it is definitely worth looking into.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Quote by metfeild
go with the marshall if you go to www.musiciansfriend.com they have really cheap ones along with other things thats where i get all my stuff and its really great quality

yeah but cheap generally equals crap, at least it certainly does in the case of solid state marshalls.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
GOOD Marshall's ain't cheap. Cheap Marshall's ain't good.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!