Page 1 of 2
does anyone know what the best amp head i could get is for 200$? ive found

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-VTone-GMX-1200H-Head?sku=480733

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-VAMPIRE-LX1200H-Modeling-Guitar-Head?sku=480734

http://www.zzounds.com/item--CRAGT1200H

does anyone know which is the best out of these and if they could post a better one?

im in a rock band and am just starting need to know whats a good one

thx
They all suck, save more money and get a better amp. You probably don't need a stack either.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
well i have 900 dollars, i dont have a job either im starting one next year. im 15 and need to spend 900 on a good head and cab. any ideas?
If it doesnt bother you to get something used you should wait for a great deal. You must be patient or you could regret your choice.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
you dont NEED so spend 900. idk buy yourself a nice combo, what kind of music are you into?
and with the extra buy some pedals or save for a car or something
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
im just wondering what would be a good deal i need one soon though like something around 200 for a nice head in a couple of years ill have enough to afford something a lot better i just need to know the best possibl amp head for 200$
dude, all heads for $200 suck.
end of story.
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Yeah if you have 900 why the hell would you only spend 200 on a head. Thats so stupid. If I were you Id get a nice used cab for like 250 and spend the rest on a head.
When you say "rock band" what kind of bands would that be?

YOU DON'T NEED A HALF STACK!!!

I don't know how many times me, and others, have told someone this, but it's true.

Secondly, LOOK USED!!!

Check out ebay, craigslist, the gear ads forum here, etc.

Third, for that much money, go for a TUBE COMBO

Now, with that being said, once you say what type of bands exactly, we'll be able to give you amps to check out.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the fall of troy
heavy heavy low low
the number 12 looks like you

you know that whole scene
really i have 200 now and am "acquiring" the next 700 by christmas and i need an amp sooner so its really ****ing hard for me lol
Still, you need much more than 200 temporary or not. Plus if it just is *temporary* then thats stupid. Why get something temporary, buy something good the first shot.
I mean I have a head for sale....bu tnonetheless I say get a job, get a good amp,stop bs'ing
tube combos are the way to go even if you are playing shows. Get a good combo with a line out port and if you need more volume get a cab extension.

Also why are people getting so heated over this. hes just asking for advice. hes only 15. damn chill out
wait, you jsut confused me...you want a cab and a head for 200 or you already have a cab?
im just gonna go with asg on this one im gonna just get a combo amp for 200 and play it out and get a job and save for a halfstack.

i just need to find a good combo that has 120 watts for 200$?
Last edited by xWtf m8x at Aug 4, 2007,
You do not need 120 watts for a show dude, a 60 watter will be PLENTY!

*facesmack*
Quote by ASGTrace
You do not need 120 watts for a show dude, a 60 watter will be PLENTY!

*facesmack*

Didn't you just make a thread earlier today about how you are getting a halfstack for bedroom practice? Are you the new Jman?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
i made it like an hour ago but whatever ok....

=======NEW THREAD WITHIN THREAD=========

ok so now i need help finding a good combo amp for 200$ anyone wanna help? i know its getting old for you guys but im really new to equipment ive been playing for a long time but dont know anything about equipment....
Show me my thread where I said its ONLY for bedroom practice buddy.

I never said that first of all. Second of all as you know I have the cab, looking for a head, but most likely will sell the cab and get a B-52 ok thanks.
Quote by xWtf m8x
i made it like an hour ago but whatever ok....

=======NEW THREAD WITHIN THREAD=========

ok so now i need help finding a good combo amp for 200$ anyone wanna help? i know its getting old for you guys but im really new to equipment ive been playing for a long time but dont know anything about equipment....

To be completely honest, I'm not much of an expert on these things myself but I can tell you that for $200 you'll be lucky to find something good thats quality.

Look into Vox.
Quote by ASGTrace
To be completely honest, I'm not much of an expert on these things myself but I can tell you that for $200 you'll be lucky to find something good thats quality.

Look into Vox.

This is true, I don't even know if you'll be able to find a decent, loud enough for gigs, used amp that cheap, let alone a new one...

You could go for a small tube combo, but they'd be pretty close in your range or over and probably won't be exactly what you want.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
well i just got news from my mom that shell give me my christmas $$ ealier so im at like 700 ( i get money from my aunts and uncles and grandparents also) is there a halfstack for around that much? or a good head and an ebay cab?
Somebody smack this guy, He isnt even trying. You dont need a half stack. You dont need 120 watts at all for any gig that you couldnt mic. For 200 dollars you could get a roland microcube, its very low wattage so you wouldnt be able to gig with it, but honestly I dont think any amp you could get for 200 is gigable. Maybe a 5 watt tuber cranked all the way through a cab?

EDIT: Now that you have 700, I say get the biggest line 3 spider stack you can! THEY ROCK!!

Your relentless on thinking you need a halfstack arent you?
Your relentless on thinking you need a halfstack arent you?

yea i am lol i pretty noob too all of this stuff
Quote by xWtf m8x
i feel really stupid just someone close the thread

I came off a bit harsh didnt I? You shouldnt feel stupid, just ignorant. For 700 you could have a great tube combo, tubes are alot louder and sound MUCH better at high volumes . You could look into b52 at212 if your more into metal stuff, or a used peavey 5150 combo. If more into classic rock or clean check out some fenders, like a blues deluxe.
you guys are helping a ton thx alot! ive been looking at the line 6 spider equipment for a reallllllllllllllly long time now and i always wanted one but other stuff got in the way. ill probably just get that.

but i have one more question..

say you have a 75w head. with a 400 wat cab. now.....does it make a difference if you have the same head but its 150w instead of 75 with the additional 400w cab?

i just dont know how you would add up the wattage like:

75w head + 400w cab = 475w?
or
75w head + 400w cab = 400w?
Quote by xWtf m8x
you guys are helping a ton thx alot! ive been looking at the line 6 spider equipment for a reallllllllllllllly long time now and i always wanted one but other stuff got in the way. ill probably just get that.

but i have one more question..

say you have a 75w head. with a 400 wat cab. now.....does it make a difference if you have the same head but its 150w instead of 75 with the additional 400w cab?

i just dont know how you would add up the wattage like:

75w head + 400w cab = 475w?
or
75w head + 400w cab = 400w?

I was kidding about spiders... There arguably (or not so much) the worst amps you can buy.

Also, a cabs wattage just is the max its rated for. a 100 watt head going into a 280 watt cab is going to be 100 watts still. a 100 watt head into a 50 watt cab is going to be a bad thing.

You have enough money to get a tube combo, do your ears a favour and at least try one.
Page 1 of 2