Wats the next most essential pedal after a distortion and wah? Can you explain wat the pedal does? I play metal and punk

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
metal and punk.....wow.....split personality ......
Just kidding diversities great....but seriously wow.....
umm I dunno what the next best pedal is cause its kind of personal choice. I'd say go test some out (GC and other places) and see what you like
personally i would go look at flangers and compressors just cause they are interesting and much different than plain old distortion
Wahs are essential nowadays? lol Distortion is essential, IMO...everything else is just...extra.

Check out flangers, phasers, delays, chorus...etc.
Wat A Flangers And Chorus?

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
Reverb or delay I suppose...
there really isn't a standard order just get what effect you need or want. If you don't need any effects right now just save the money.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
a chorus is like the effect in "come as you are" by Nirvana. I'd say if your looking to expand your pedalboard, deffinately check some out. I recommend the ehx small clone.
Quote by Pacifica112J
Do some research.

Hate to sound like a dick, but you're being lazy.

Totally. Thanks for saying what everyone is thinking.

No offense to the threadstarter or anything...
Quote by cmp10
metal and punk.....wow.....split personality ......
Just kidding diversities great....but seriously wow.....

There not THAT different. Metal is heavier, but its not like punk is a guy and a piano.

Id get a reverb, they add alot of nice things to your playing.
Probably a noise reducer.

Wah's add hum, distortion adds hiss and feedback.

Compressors are good too, along with reverb, delay or chorus. Those are the what you could call, "tone pedals". Anything else is just modulation and not important for anything other than adding to what you have, making it cooler, not necessarily making it sound great.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I strongly vote against a compressor for this situation. Compressors are very transparent units and someone who is new to the world of effects and tone shaping wouldnt know what to do with it or get how and why it can make or break your tone.