Could i get a Metallica-esque tone with a Crate 15W Palomino and a Digitech Hot Head Distortion? Thanks
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Ehh...not really? I wouldnt think so. The hot head is a more "mild" distortion whereas metallica is more extreme.
Would a DS-1 from Boss be a better bet?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
the DS-1 is actually very similar to the Hot Head. The boss DS-2 (or something like it) would be better since it has more distortion. But try to stay away from most pedals that say "METAL" on them lol.
hmm dunno much bout the hot head,but i dislike digitech sooo much.if you want metallica tone on that ive heard people saying to go for an overdrive pedal with the palomino for the best combo,cause the distortion isnt your true tone and the overdrive is your true clean channel or etc.....just overdriven lol.
heres some overdrive pedals alot of people like here.
digitech bad monkey(make this your last choice!)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Bad-Monkey-Tube-Overdrive-Pedal?sku=150831

ibanez tubescream(youll get tallica tone but anything beyond that idk havent tried these)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TS9-Tube-Screamer-Effects-Pedal-Original-Reissue?sku=150284
fulltone ocd(the best od pedal man! go for tis if you have money)
http://www.fulltone.com/ocd.asp

havent tried any of em but im trying to help out by judging what others here have told me.
if you truly want distortion you should get a metal muff.(one of the best distortion pedal there is) even though it says 'metal' in the name lol
if you want the digitech one go for the grunge and just keep the "grunge" knob turned down
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
You probably could, I used to own a hot head but I don't remember much since I had it for a short period of time. I thought the distortion was alright so I think it could work, again you get what you pay for not a high end pedal, but not bad for what it is.

And if you can get a new pedal try some sort of muff maybe or a nice OD.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Aug 4, 2007,
Quote by kurdtkobaign
the DS-1 is actually very similar to the Hot Head. The boss DS-2 (or something like it) would be better since it has more distortion. But try to stay away from most pedals that say "METAL" on them lol.

not really, the boss metalzone and the EHX metal muff are amazing for metal
Idk about the hot head, I've got one and I never use it, I just like the distortion on my amp better. The hot head just doesnt sound as good. If your gonna get an od pedal, get something better. (cant help ya there, sorry)
Quote by deluxity
not really, the boss metalzone and the EHX metal muff are amazing for metal

Youre half right. The Metal Muff is ok. But the MT-2 is god awful.
I actually like my Metal Zone... ?
and I think the DS-1 actually has enough grit to get you there....
ESP EC-400 AT Goldtop
Fender 62 Jazzmaster
Fender Mexican HSS Strat
Fender 60's Reissue Strat
Peavey JSX Halfstack

**Member #10 of the PEAVEY IS AMAZING club!**
Quote by izzymcfizzy
I actually like my Metal Zone... ?

Well, a lot of people do. Its all opinion anyways. But, the majority of people who actually know a thing or two about tone (not saying youre not one of them) dislike pedals like the MT-2. Its kind of a general consensus. lol
no. im not familiar with the amp, but the hot head will NOT get you a metallica tone. the heaviest thing i could pull from it was like, Sum 41's slightly metal type stuff, which isnt anywhere near as extreme as metallica. go for a higher end distortion. if you have your heart set on Digitech, go for the Metal Master. that pedal rocks. ive used the Line 6 Uber Metal too, and its good for metallica, pantera, lamb of god, anything like that, and also a lot of lighter stuff like AC/DC, plus it has a built in noise gate. just know this: if you get a cheap distortion pedal, youre going to end up spending way too much on a bunch of stupid little cheap ones. i did that. i got one cheap one, then another, then finally i wised up and got one i know would work out for a long time. just do that, and save yourself the money and frustration.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.