Page 1 of 2
CHICAGO!!!!

well, we got good local bands, but there are not many famous punk bands from here....maybe the steet brats and effigies.....

we also have an annoyingly big indie rock and modern emo scene....god i hate indie...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by mike2
CHICAGO!!!!

well, we got good local bands, but there are not many famous punk bands from here....maybe the steet brats and effigies.....

we also have an annoyingly big indie rock and modern emo scene....god i hate indie...

You got Screeching Weasel.
brnh.bandcamp.com
That I've been to:

Chattanooga and Milwaukee

That I know alotta awesome people from:

San Diego, Asheville, Oakland, Brooklyn

Chicago wasn't that great. Milwaukee was a million times better.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by blackflag49
And Fall Out Boy.

Yeah, but Screeching Weasel sterilizes the negative offspring created by Fall Out Boy.
Quote by ss311
Yeah, but Screeching Weasel sterilizes the negative offspring created by Fall Out Boy.

+1 god i hate fall out boy. everytime i hear one of their songs i have to listen to screeching weasel to clean my brain.
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
Quote by blackflag49
New York, of course

We got the biggest everything

Hell yeah!

NYC PUNKS REPRESENT!
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
I'd say NYC or L.A.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by blackflag49
New York, of course

We got the biggest everything

k Moving there.

Can i squat in ur kitchen?
don't move to new york. Everythings too expensive. Move down south, there's so much awesome punk rock going on. It makes me wish I was staying.

actually. My friend told me of this town she knows in Mississippi that has like 20 people living there with lots of abandoned buildings and they're looking for a mayor. Our goal is to get all the punks to move there and have an awesome town.

But I forgot the name of it.

D'oh!
Last edited by whyvern at Aug 4, 2007,
Quote by whyvern
don't move to new york. Everythings too expensive. Move down south, there's so much awesome punk rock going on. It makes me wish I was staying.

actually. My friend told me of this town she knows in Mississippi that has like 20 people living there with lots of abandoned buildings and they're looking for a mayor. Our goal is to get all the punks to move there and have an awesome town.

But I forgot the name of it.

D'oh!

Haha that sounds sweet.
Quote by CHEAPSEX
Los Angeles and New York definitely.

Hardcore took San Diego. Its sad.

Everyone I've ever met from San Diego was all into the Razorcake pop-punk thing there. I've always been under the impression that that's the big thing there. There's a big jock-metal hardcore scene everywhere. The last good LA band I've heard was Mika Miko and the only cool stuff going on in New York is in Brooklyn or out in the suburbs and Jersey.

I think LA and NYC are two places that are embodied in the American conscious as places that people have to move to become a part of culture when they don't realize that there's more culture sitting at their front door step than in the whole of Los Angeles county. I don't think people in LA realize the awesome that's going on there and are more focused on what they're supposed to be focused on. The whole Pedro scene is a good example of that. San Pedro is basically LA but the scenes are light years apart. So many awesome bands and awesome people to come outta Pedro, cos people don't move to Pedro they move to LA.

I dunno. I just don't really trust places that yer 'supposed' to moved to. And this doesn't make any sense cos I'm moving to outside of Boston (where yer supposed to go to college I guess). Hopefully I'm moving far enough outside of it to not be affected by all the assholes who moved to Boston... "cos its fukkin Boston" and I'll be able to find the people who want to create a genuine sustainable alternative community.
Quote by whyvern
I dunno. I just don't really trust places that yer 'supposed' to moved to. And this doesn't make any sense cos I'm moving to outside of Boston (where yer supposed to go to college I guess). Hopefully I'm moving far enough outside of it to not be affected by all the assholes who moved to Boston... "cos its fukkin Boston" and I'll be able to find the people who want to create a genuine sustainable alternative community.

You'll love Boston. The scene there is great and they've got a lot of DIY stuff going on.

I miss Boston
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by I_Pwn
You got Screeching Weasel.

great...

Quote by blackflag49
And Fall Out Boy.

even better

edit: we got slapstick! well, they are ska...but i think they are good
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Well **** all the good punk is up north, I have to get out of here then.

Not really much of a punk scene in Houston
Quote by Holy Magenta

I am making you come back and visit me for something non-MBT so that you can see our venues that are thousands of times better than the Subterranean.

yeah, we got good venues and good punk bands....but also a lot of ska, i've come to notice...and leftover crack rip offs. and a lot of indie rock crap bands...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

what about other parts of the world????? hamburg and berlin in germany is not bad just moved over to germany and a good scene to be honest in either city
Quote by JohnnyDee
what about other parts of the world????? hamburg and berlin in germany is not bad just moved over to germany and a good scene to be honest in either city

that´s exactly what avoids citiys being mentioned here, because there no agglomeration of punks....

...Slime are from Hamburg
...Toxoplasma from the west (Neuwied)
...Normahl from Stuttgart
...Die Skeptiker from Berlin
....Schleimkeim from Erfurt

you see....?

But no real punk scene in my little town...
All the bands from Coppenhagen I've heard are really good. Helsinki is supposed to have a good scene as are Athens, Greece and Tallinn, Estonia.
I already live in the south (florida) the local punk scene is really small or was a year or two ago when i aws going to shows green goblyns were about the only band worth mentioning. lol theres a video being played on vh1, some piano singer songwriter guy, which features some dude wearing their shirt in it.
I think i might move to like gainesville, or spend some time there cause i hear theres a good folk punk scene there (against me....) ny's my final destination tho
Gainesville is supposed to really cool. I've got some friends from there and all the bands I've seen from there are really good. I think I'm going to the Gainesville fest and that's supposed to be awesome. South Florida used to have a really awesome scene like right after Hurricane Andrew cos it was so cheap to live there. There were great bands from Miami like Chickenhead and the Crumbs and all those bands but I dunno if there's anything there now.

To the guy who said all the good punk is up north, that's the furthest thing from the truth I've ever heard. Most of the great punk bands of the last 6 or so years have all come from the South and all of the really amazing bands from the early-mid 90's came from the south. Southern punk is the ****.
probly rocky river ohio or north olmsted cause we do have the riot boyz lol jkjk
Nice, I assume it's too early for you to have heard about any shows?
brnh.bandcamp.com
Mika Miko in Boston on the 30th.
King Khan and BBQ sometime in October

and Thomas Function in Brooklyn October 6 & 7

That's about all I know so far.
haha hey jesusofsuburbia i live in the tampa bay area (in clearwater to be exact). And we dont have to bad of a punk scene down here theres a few venues like the boiler room which you mentioned. When you come down go to a show at tampa skatepark and check out the band Arm the poor. And I think NYC is the best. Gainesville is probaly the closest thing us floridians can get to Nyc's scene.
Berkley, California. Rancid, AFI, and NOFX are all from Berkley. End of story.
Quote by guitarbum
haha hey jesusofsuburbia i live in the tampa bay area (in clearwater to be exact). And we dont have to bad of a punk scene down here theres a few venues like the boiler room which you mentioned. When you come down go to a show at tampa skatepark and check out the band Arm the poor. And I think NYC is the best. Gainesville is probaly the closest thing us floridians can get to Nyc's scene.

Gainseville has a great scene
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 2