out of my band and I feel like its over my good friend's problem with him not being able to come up with stuff since i'm lead and he's rhythem..but before i start with anything here how the band goes..

Lead guitarist(me) & bassist-Both like indie rock and some hardcore
Drummer & Rhythem guitarist-Both like straight up hardcore and metal

and were on the lines of "southern rock/alternative"

We have 5 songs that i came up with and everytime we make a song I have to tell him "oh play this" since he never knows what to play since all he plays is metal and its ridiculous on how he won't play anything else and won't learn any other styles because i always tell him it will seriously help him out.

And now they say "oh well we work better with out you" to me there saying my guitarist is working better with out me since he won't have to come up with rhythem parts.

I'd like to get back with the band and all but then it would seem like another problem again with the band i just don't know what to do UG'ers
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Custom Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

It's obvious I don't like fender at all

HORSE the BAND
they obviously dont want you in the band. go find another band to be with.
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

if they dont appreciate your musical contributions through writing the songs you shouldnt care
buddy that ****ty wanabee band isn't worth it if they can't write decent music as u say, hook up with a real rock band or start a band of ur own, if ur sure of what kind of music u want to play they'll listen to you bro
I think I know how you feel. I went through 4 unsuccessful bands in highschool and 1 unsuccessful band in college (kind of weird way to put it because in all 6 of teh bands, including the one that's working, I had the same drummer). A total of 17 members that disbanded. Okay so I was never kicked out but they would all just quit. Now I'm not sure if you do the same, but since you're writing all the songs and telling the other guitars what to do I'm assuming you're basically the band leader right? I'm assuming this because I write all the stuff too and tell everyone what to play etc. Despite the fact that I was always contributing large amounts to the bands relative to the rest of the members the problem was that I was a very pushy leader. Strict on practice, strict on technique, etc. I eventually had to calm myself down in order to keep people.
There's also the whole issue of personality conflicts. It may not always be the best option talent/technique wise to put a band together only with friends, but it is a good way to make sure that you get along good and that you share the same interest in music.
I hope they aren't stealing your songs! This might sound lame but make a contract between the members saying who gets what if the band is to disband.

I think your best bet is to move on...guitarists can be found anywhere at anytime. If you can snag the drummer though. Keep writing your own stuff and maybe find a good friend who plays guitar (doesn't have to be great) and let him do simple rhythms and teach him as you go. I know a guy who taught every single one of the members in the band how to play their instruments. They we're all very cooperative because they shared the whole teacher/student relationsihp and they were all best friends.
That just sucks. They're probably just intimidated cos you're the only one with talent. But hey, they'll probably just go on playing crappy covers and get booed off stage at their first gig.
Now go and get yourself a REAL band
Quote by im_with_theband
Your G-string sounds funny?

Thats...

...wait for it...

...what she said

Quote by Pregowski92
people who post spontaneously unfunny, boring cliché comments are made about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit, on my threads.

good day, sir.
I Have 2 theories on bands.

A band with a bandleading dictator who tells the others what to do and never argues even slightly.
A band that all the members puts in their suggestions but argues heaps.

The first one you tried but didn't work because the other members obviously felt it wasn't your exclusive band, and its okay if you felt that it was because you might have been the one who formed it or maybe you were the best at music or whatever.
The second one doesn't apply either because they all had their own views on how the band was going to be (hardcore or indie or souther rock) and sounded like they would have refused to give.

In my opinion, your band was stuffed at day one. My advice is get as far away from your old band and start a new one.
Quote by jcmorr08
I think I know how you feel. I went through 4 unsuccessful bands in highschool and 1 unsuccessful band in college (kind of weird way to put it because in all 6 of teh bands, including the one that's working, I had the same drummer). A total of 17 members that disbanded. Okay so I was never kicked out but they would all just quit. Now I'm not sure if you do the same, but since you're writing all the songs and telling the other guitars what to do I'm assuming you're basically the band leader right? I'm assuming this because I write all the stuff too and tell everyone what to play etc. Despite the fact that I was always contributing large amounts to the bands relative to the rest of the members the problem was that I was a very pushy leader. Strict on practice, strict on technique, etc. I eventually had to calm myself down in order to keep people.
There's also the whole issue of personality conflicts. It may not always be the best option talent/technique wise to put a band together only with friends, but it is a good way to make sure that you get along good and that you share the same interest in music.
I hope they aren't stealing your songs! This might sound lame but make a contract between the members saying who gets what if the band is to disband.

I think your best bet is to move on...guitarists can be found anywhere at anytime. If you can snag the drummer though. Keep writing your own stuff and maybe find a good friend who plays guitar (doesn't have to be great) and let him do simple rhythms and teach him as you go. I know a guy who taught every single one of the members in the band how to play their instruments. They we're all very cooperative because they shared the whole teacher/student relationsihp and they were all best friends.

Basicially i'm just telling my guitarist what to play sometimes since he does'nt know what to play. Ohwell and yeah thats true they are still playing some songs of mine i came up with for the band..it kinda makes me mad but i somewhat don't care. I'm just going to go on with my life and make some of my own music. It's just the only thing i have to deal with is now is my band member who are actually good friends of mine aside from music. The whole clash between us with different music taste was a HUGE mistake in the first place anyway..

oh and the whole me being the "band leader" thing was because we have a show to play and NONE of them were doing anything about it my guitarist thought we sucked to much to play and i told him "thats why you practice". Along with everyone else were being lazy about practice and thats another reason why they kicked me out for me being to "demanding" Uhh i'm trying to get a freakin band back together!!
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Custom Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

It's obvious I don't like fender at all

HORSE the BAND