its not much, but im selling my epiphone g-310 to a kid in my neighborhood for $105 because i just purchased my new guitar, an ibanez rgt42dxfm which i got for $700. i was planning on using this money for anything i could use for my guitar. i was thinking about getting emg humbuckers to replace the current pickups. im not sure if 105 would be enough for that, though. i want a sound that is good for metalcore, like parkway drive, unearth, between the buried and me, etc. would those pickups be good for that? or also i might get the guitar set up for dropped c, do you think that that would be a good idea?
well..let me know what you think i should do.
Your amp controls more of your tone than pups.

What's your current amp?
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
.......Get a Cube 60. Guaranteed to improve your tone by 5x with the R-fier. Sell that Spider.

Just look at this video, at the beginning and 5:00-5:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J3caoAvXE
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
which ibanez did you get?
i've been using an ibanez gax70
im playing metalcore as well.
but more of an as i lay dying and the devil wears prada metalcore.
but, i havent changed anything and its sounds really good through my crate half stack
i didnt ask for a review of my amp, i like my amp. i dont care about changing the tone, im asking what is something you can do that would be good for your guitar for $105 dollars.
Quote by nine01n
i didnt ask for a review of my amp, i like my amp. i dont care about changing the tone, im asking what is something you can do that would be good for your guitar for $105 dollars.

i'm confused, you don't want to change your tone, but want to get new active pickups? or are you just looking to burn that money? maybe an effects pedal is a good idea.
You should save the money for now. $105 isn't normally enough for a set of pickups. Also, if you have a crappy amp, new pickups won't improve much.
If you guitar has a trem, then it'll have either an edge pro II or edge pro III, in which case it would be a good idea to eventually change the trem like one_way_ticket said.
I'd say it'd be best if you just saved for now for either a new amp or better upgrades.

But if you want to spend the money now, then you should get a pedal. A good set of pickups will cost more than $100
dont sell the spyder, cuz i dont think you'll get anything that is close to that amp for $105 bucks
105 will probably get u 1 of the emgs, but not both
i recommend the 81 bridge/60neck set

and whoever said save up for an OFR is right to, that would be something nice to get

you can also look into some pedals, like delay flange or whammy... but dont look into something like the metal zone or something like that, youll just be wasting your money cuz you amp can replicate those sounds already

for pedals i recommend the Boss PS-5 super shifter, like the digitech whammy, but it has more features imo
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
Quote by nine01n

If you don't care about changing the tone then whay are you thinking about changing the tone?

If you want to improve your tone then get a better amp, pickups won't make any appreciable difference. If you don't want to change your tone then wtf are the pickups for...just want to make your guitar look pretty? If you're so desperate to look cool just buy some black pickup covers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com