Alrite guys, lay some of your wisdom on me. I'm upgrading my amp soon and as price/size/reputation/style goes the Peavey Classic 50 looks like the front runner, so as the thread title makes fairly clear, what do u think? should i go the 410 or the 212?

Theres a pretty good chance im guna get a 212 extension cab either way, if that influences ur opinion or not i duno....

Neways, wotcha think?
If your going to get a 212 extension cab you might as well just get the 4x10. I would think the higher end would be more defined and maybe slightly less bass. I could be way off as i have only played a few.
The internal speakers will turn off when you plug in the extension cab so, it really doesn't matter. You have to get it modded for them not to turn off if you want it to play through all the speakers, unless of course, it doesn't do that, but every combo I've ever heard of and played does.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by gsr2k6
If your going to get a 212 extension cab you might as well just get the 4x10.

That's what I'd suggest, may as well go for variety. Although, I'm not sure why you feel you'd need an extension cab. The thing's gonna be plenty loud.

The 10's'll be punchier on the attack, the 12's will have more emphasis on the mids.

Quote by MatrixClaw
The internal speakers will turn off when you plug in the extension cab so, it really doesn't matter. You have to get it modded for them not to turn off if you want it to play through all the speakers, unless of course, it doesn't do that, but every combo I've ever heard of and played does.

You'll have to check it out. I know the Vox AC30 allows you to run a cab in parallel to the built in speakers, and I was looking at a Fender (Vibrolux?) today that allowed you to do it as well.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
You'll have to check it out. I know the Vox AC30 allows you to run a cab in parallel to the built in speakers, and I was looking at a Fender (Vibrolux?) today that allowed you to do it as well.

Touche slats.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com