MXR
Electro-Harmonix Tube EQ Pedal
boss

donno which one to buy.
do the tubes in the ehx make a difference?
Well tubes will give your warmer tone that's for sure, I'd say if you can afford the EHX (cause tube stuff is expensive) you might wanna buy it.
MXR EQ would be all you need. they're nice EQ pedals. but i don't really recommend EQ pedals... you need more than ur tone stack on ur amp?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
any other pedals i should get first? i have a tubescreamer, homebrew distortion, wah, digital delay...and also i play hardcore, metal, hard rock, some classic through a vk (which is why i want to make my tone better) and a gibson sg
Quote by Pacifica112J
Toss your distortion and get a Muff.

nay. you have either not played one or you have not played one.
im just saying that i like my distortion pedal and i think its soooo great that i think you have not played one to say something like that. but thanks for the help.
Quote by earl622
im just saying that i like my distortion pedal and i think its soooo great that i think you have not played one to say something like that. but thanks for the help.

No, I've tried the EHX Double Muff, and liked it very much. I thought you were implying that I had never used a Muff before.

Anyways, I'd get the EHX EQ. I've become very fond of EHX's stuff as of late.
Quote by Pacifica112J
No, I've tried the EHX Double Muff, and liked it very much. I thought you were implying that I had never used a Muff before.

Anyways, I'd get the EHX EQ. I've become very fond of EHX's stuff as of late.

1) i was saying you have not tried a homebrew electronics pedla and you really should!
2) i think the tubes in the pedal are a little overrated. anyone else have an opinion?
Quote by earl622
1) i was saying you have not tried a homebrew electronics pedla and you really should!
2) i think the tubes in the pedal are a little overrated. anyone else have an opinion?

1.) Oh, okay.

2.) Definitely not. The only downside to any analog/tube driven equipment is the noise, IMO.
Quote by earl622
the mxr is digital then?

I don't think so. I think it's analog.

Remember, analog and tube are not the same thing. I was just saying that analog sometimes picks up unwanted noise, and with a tube on top of that, it might get kind of noisy.
mmm ic. i think im going to go with a mxr just cus i want the 10 band eq instead of just bass middle and treb knobs.
Yeah, I think Bass, Middle, and Treble on a pedal are a bit unnecessary, if your amp already has those.

You really can't go wrong with MXR, either.