Advantages or disadvantages of a a carved top Les Paul compared to a Flat Top Les Paul. And what affect does chambering a guitar have, besides weight, as in sound, Thanks!
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK
i like carved top les pauls, since it looks nice, vintage specs, and its comfortable for me to play. most carved top have nice body grains too. Flat top is just too flat. it's kinda boring.

chambering would ofcourse lessen the weight, but it gives you more of a warmer, thicker, fatter sound, and i read somewhere there's a great "presence".
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Giving it a carved top adds more sustain and since they're usally maple tops it also gives the guitar a nice maple "bite" that compliments the mahogany of standard LPs. And chambering does give it a thivker sound IMO, but with most gutiars that are only slightly chambered its not very noticable.
Chambering a guitar gives it a more open, resonant, and warm sound.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'