Page 1 of 2
So, it was announced yesterday that the new WoW expansion it to be set in Northrend. Also:

~Level cap increaced to 80
~New Death Knight hero class added
~New Profession: Incriptions
~New battlegrounds with Seige Weapons and distructable buildings
~Plenty more crap.

Check it out at: www.wow-europe.com/wrath

So, for all you WoW fans out there, what are your thoughts?
If you're casual, you're still getting boned.

O, and I hoped you had fun grinding WORTHLESS hours of your life for Merciless Gladiators, and now you're gonna get blue level 80 gear replacing THAT.

ROFL at Blizzard.
So..they decided that the last expansion didn't quite ruin the game enough, so they're looking for a home run?

Good fuckin' game.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
So..they decided that the last expansion didn't quite ruin the game enough, so they're looking for a home run?

Good fuckin' game.

QFMF'inT
I didn't even make it to 70.....fuck getting all the way to 80.
BC pretty much ruined the game for me.....I was happy with just Naxx and BWL.
I will make you change your mind.

Quote by wizards?
*e-hugs mindchanger*
"you're still awesome"
Quote by Mindchanger
I didn't even make it to 70.....fuck getting all the way to 80.
BC pretty much ruined the game for me.....I was happy with just Naxx and BWL.

That's why I ditched my account as soon as BC started getting solidified.

Blizzard: "Hey, you know all that gear you've spent hundreds of hours getting? Well...in a couple of months, all of it will be replaced by blues 2 levels higher!"

Me: "Well...Ebay time!"
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Well seeing as i hit level 60 at around the time of TBC, i wasn't geared up with tier 3.

"O, and I hoped you had fun grinding WORTHLESS hours of your life for Merciless Gladiators, and now you're gonna get blue level 80 gear replacing THAT."

At my few months at level 70, i have accumulated a whopping 183 Arena points.
Should have known youd be first to know about a new expansion Andy...

Sounds alright, dunno whether to renew my subscription or not though. I iz poor
Everything is just so ridiculous on WoW now.

You basically have to sacrifice months to get good gear or to get good at fun social aspects of the game, like raiding, pvp, etc. Of course with the new expac they'll probably make it years

There's nothing you can do in WoW except get better gear. And for what? To get MORE better gear again? It's just a cycle of time wasted in my opinion.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
Everything is just so ridiculous on WoW now.

You basically have to sacrifice months to get good gear or to get good at fun social aspects of the game, like raiding, pvp, etc. Of course with the new expac they'll probably make it years

There's nothing you can do in WoW except get better gear. And for what? To get MORE better gear again? It's just a cycle of time wasted in my opinion.

But some people enjoy raiding.

People such as me.
Quote by Woo!Yay!

People such as me.

You completely missed the point of what I said.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Guild Wars FTW

Quote by WinterMadness76
Just about anything that has the word "core" or "grind" in it is guaranteed to suck 100%. I think I could make better music if I held a pick between my asscheeks and strummed.

Quote by Chickenparts
WOOT!!!!!

ASSCORE!!!!!!!!
Quote by Woo!Yay!

People such as me.

Oh I loved raiding usually, but the sheer time and effort you had to put in to get anything was absurd, but tolerable, but the fact that not one but TWO expansions have now made all that effort obsolete is ridiculous. I remember spending hundreds of hours just in Sithilus to be at the top of my game for raids (NR gear and reputation rewards, hell yeah), but it was damn near impossible to keep up with anything, much less all these absolutely absurd expansions Blizzard keeps coming out with, enless you literally spent 16 hours a day on a game, and even then these last two expansions completely spit on all that effort. I mean barely higher level blues replacing Naxx epics? For everything you had to do to get there? That's bullshit. And don't even get me started on those poor people who spent 20+ hours a day getting Rank 14 in PvP due to the unholy amount of people spending their entire lives on the game, and then everything being worth nothing due to a Patch or some ill-conceived expansion. It's just not worth all the getting pissed on Blizzard likes to dish out to play it.
Kabir
Oh I loved raiding usually, but the sheer time and effort you had to put in to get anything was absurd, but tolerable, but the fact that not one but TWO expansions have now made all that effort obsolete is ridiculous. I remember spending hundreds of hours just in Sithilus to be at the top of my game for raids (NR gear and reputation rewards, hell yeah), but it was damn near impossible to keep up with anything, much less all these absolutely absurd expansions Blizzard keeps coming out with, enless you literally spent 16 hours a day on a game, and even then these last two expansions completely spit on all that effort. I mean barely higher level blues replacing Naxx epics? For everything you had to do to get there? That's bullshit. And don't even get me started on those poor people who spent 20+ hours a day getting Rank 14 in PvP due to the unholy amount of people spending their entire lives on the game, and then everything being worth nothing due to a Patch or some ill-conceived expansion. It's just not worth all the getting pissed on Blizzard likes to dish out to play it.

+1

And to Woo!Yay!, what UndeadPaperclip said IS what I meant

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I will say this to the compliments of Blizzard though, that first time I saw Ragnarok burst from the lava pit was awe-inspiring, and then the feeling after you downed him...damn, not a single dungeon could have ever come close to that.
Kabir

Well being an active raider at the minute, i can tell you there's not nearly that much effort to start raiding in TBC. I guess it all depends on your guild and how things work in that guild. On my first Karazhan run, i got 2 epics. And it only took me 2 or three runs of 5 mans to get geared up. (Not including the runs needed for Kara attunement mind.) So from my point of view, it wasn't that tasking to start getting decent gear. The only reason we haven't started 25 man's yet is because of lack of players in the guild.

Ontop of all that, i enjoy playing it.
Quote by Woo!Yay!
Well being an active raider at the minute, i can tell you there's not nearly that much effort to start raiding in TBC. I guess it all depends on your guild and how things work in that guild. On my first Karazhan run, i got 2 epics. And it only took me 2 or three runs of 5 mans to get geared up. (Not including the runs needed for Kara attunement mind.) So from my point of view, it wasn't that tasking to start getting decent gear. The only reason we haven't started 25 man's yet is because of lack of players in the guild.

Ontop of all that, i enjoy playing it.

Pshhh, you're still a nooblet then Did you ever play the original WoW? You'd be doing 15 5-man LBRS runs a day or 10 10-man UBRS runs just to get ready for one thing or another or to get a single item. But when you did it with the right people it was FUN. No, I'm talking about late-game 40 mans like BWL and AQ40 that you had to bust your ASS for just getting the gear to get into the place in the first place, and then Blizzard decided to piss all over you. It was DAMN tasking late-game, especially when you counted how you had to deal with your own guilds DKP system and having 40 people trying to split 8-10 drops in 5-6 hours, 4-5 of the drops being the same damn things that drop every time that everyone has.

Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but when Blizzard decided to give all of it's dedicated players the big fuck you not once, not twice, but countless times, well...it just pissed me off. I garuntee you most of the more serious players back in the original version haven't been on much after the expansion came out just because of that. And now it looks like they're doing it again. Great.
Kabir
So what you're saying is, I'll never see my friends who play WoW outside their houses again?
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

I laugh at anyone who pays monthly fees for a game.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
my estimate will be that it will be released in about a year and a half, back when I played WoW in 2005 they announced BC, and that didn't come out till 2007? I think
i payed at the start of the summer to get this and i must say at the start it is okay but im just bored ****less. I just help people through deadmines theres nothing to do and im only level 48.
god **** me.. by the time i hit 60 the lvl cap will be 100
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by Pope Drive By
Guild Wars FTW

Guild Wars> WoW
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Death Knights look cool....

Too bad I don't play anymore. Blizzard fucks you over with every patch
I quit WoW awhile ago, I'm not judgemental though, it was really fun by other stuff came up.

Personally I think they are jumping to Northrend too soon.
Page 1 of 2