ok..i wana buy a marshall mg100dfx, but loads of poeple are saying its a bad amp, but loads of poeple say its good for gigging and stuff.

i've been told this amp is really good for its price (£200) and i really dont wanna spend alot on an amp

ive heard the amp, and honestly i cant see why they say its bad..then again i havent played many amps..

i play mostly metal and blues and i dont really want go higher then £300
Last edited by -rizzee- at Aug 4, 2007,
Quote by -rizzee-
ok..i wana buy a marshall mg100dfx, but loads of poeple are saying its a bad amp, but loads of poeple say its good for gigging and stuff.

i've been told this amp is really good for its price (£200) and i really dont wanna spend alot on an amp

ive heard the amp, and honestly i cant see why they say its bad..then again i havent played many amps..

any one knows a decent marshall amp for under £300 lemme know please or any other info on the amp ?

There's your answer.

Honestly, try a LOT of amps out.

What kind of music are you into? And if you're going to gig and you want to have a tone you'll most likely enjoy when cranked, you'll want to spend money on your amp.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Save up for an all valve marshall head and then get a nice Boss pedal JCM 900's and too expensive nowadays. Just read up about amps learn how they work and why and then you'll understand what to look for.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Well too start off, what style do you play? whats your price range (How high are you willing to go)?

Answer those questions and then you'll get a lot more help 'round here.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by BodaciousBob
Save up for an all valve marshall head and then get a nice Boss pedal JCM 900's and too expensive nowadays. Just read up about amps learn how they work and why and then you'll understand what to look for.

well problem is your hear got to understand it too. When we first started out we where all like this, think everything sound good but as the years go by you realize more and more what tone is!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
You can pick up the laney VC30 for £300, its a good all round blues > classic rock amp. Kicks the MGs ass, just need an OD to get it into metal territory.
I've got one and its not THAT bad...
i do have a DDM pedal though.. cos i cant get a good sound for the music i play without it
£200 for one of them!!! I don't care if it's B Stock that is a kick ass deal
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
For £200 you could quite easily get a Laney LC15 and an overdrive pedal. Tada, you have tone.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
just avoid the mg. You have a bunch of options, depending on whether you're willing to sacrifice the metal tone or blues tone more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by BodaciousBob

Might as well say 'Save up two grand and buy a boutique amp.'

If the guy wants to buy something now which he obviously does, and has already said he doesn't want to spend much on an amp, in fact, he's categorically said he doesn't want to spend more than £300.

So it's clearly a ridiculous thing to tell him to go out and buy a JCM900, when he clearly has no idea (no offence TS) exactly what he's looking for in a good amp. For once just listen to what he's asking for, which is an amp he can play for under £300.

Thread starter, you've already had suggestions from beckyjc and Kurapica about the Laney ranges. The LC, if I remember correctly, is more of a modern voiced amp, while the VC is a more..vintagey styled amp. Ask the pair of them for more info on how they sound.

And yes, the MG sucks. But if you want cold, sterile tone with a pretty 'Marshall' logo on it, then it's amazing. But in the sense of when you bring it back home, the amazing will be along the lines of : 'Amazing! How did that sales assistant manage to hypnotize me to buy this pile of junk? Simply amazing!'
Could you gig one of them Randalls? I read in another amp thread that a 50W valve amp is enough to gig, so, i dont know why i asked really.

EDIT: 'cause i know f*ck all about amps is why
Last edited by Rythmist1 at Aug 4, 2007,
Quote by Rythmist1
Could you gig one of them Randalls? I read in another amp thread that a 50W valve amp is enough to gig, so, i dont know why i asked really.

EDIT: 'cause i know f*ck all about amps is why

most definitely.
Quote by -rizzee-
loads of poeple say its good for gigging and stuff.]

I want to meet these peoples
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50