Page 1 of 3
Hopefully this lasts. If this is against the rules or if it has been done, fair enough.

Today I saw Regression, Chaos Divine and Black Asylum at Utopia Music in Sydney today for a free instore.

Regression - Not good. They didn't fit with the other bands, they were more metalcore-ish. They used open chords too much, and the drummer did triplet polyrhythms any chance he got. The tone was horrible, the riffs could have been written by anyone, and the vocals were boring. And to top it off, their stage present was awful. Not a good band.

Chaos Divine - <33333 This band was amazing. I expected them to be similar to Regression, but they weren't at all. Progressive Death Metal. They didn't try to br00talise everything, they just played everything how they wanted and let the emotion flow through. There were a fair few time changes that worked rather nicely and I'm glad that they lasted the longest. The vocals seem better live, but their EP that I picked up was recorded over a year ago. Amazing band.

Black Asylum - The way the sounds came out wasn't as good as last weekend at Out In The Cold. The drums were too loud and the vocals were almost unheard. But, great performance. Daniel and Chris ripped up the guitars awesomely, and they have an unbelievable stage presence. I also think that there is virtually no difference between their music live and on recording. This is an amazing band.

My head feels really really heavy from head banging now, but it was worth it.
I saw that. Black Asylum were awesome, Chaos were good but boring to watch. Regression can suck my balls, their tone sucked, their riffs were generic and boring as hell, vocals were everything I hate about metalcore vocals, and their stage presence was off somewhere getting herpes from an underaged Korean prostitute. That wanker punching the air and yelling about his hat was annoying though, you could tell everyone wanted him to **** off. I loved how he kept trying to grab the mic but no-one would give it to him.

But, this thread's probably been done a hundred times.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Ive heard of Chaos Divine...

My favourite gig ive been to so far was Gigantour Brisbane 2006. Megadeth (**** yeah) Arch Enemy (**** yeah!) and soulfly (great pit, the rain made it awesome) and Caliban (well...)

I've got my ticket for the black crusade in november. Arch Enemy & Machine Head (**** yeah!) and Trivium...
Today I am going to see Akercocke and Ted Maul at the London Underworld. Sweet, will post review later.

Also have ticket to see Black Crusade, will see Meshuggah and Dillenger Escape Plan either in London or in Bristol where I am at Uni, plus would like to catch a few local bands here and there.

But yeah, this has been done quite a few times... I still like the thread idea though.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
upcoming gigs in my area:

14.10. Hammerfall

23.10. Dream Theater / Symphony X

27.10. Nuclear Blast Festival with Blind Guardian, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, Kataklym, Rage

30.10. Iced Earth / Dark Tranquility

31.10. Apocalyptica

08.11. Sonata Arctica

26.11. Motörhead

09.12. SFU, Finntroll, NILE!!!!, Belphegor

19.12. UDO & Primal Fear

11.01. Gamma Ray / Helloween

not sure which ones I will go to... can't afford all of them
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
mir ist kalt...
I've got Soilwork/Chimaira coming up and after that Meshuggah.

They aren't for a few months yet sadly.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by The Oceanborn
upcoming gigs in my area:

14.10. Hammerfall

23.10. Dream Theater / Symphony X

27.10. Nuclear Blast Festival with Blind Guardian, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, Kataklym, Rage

30.10. Iced Earth / Dark Tranquility

31.10. Apocalyptica

08.11. Sonata Arctica

26.11. Motörhead

09.12. SFU, Finntroll, NILE!!!!, Belphegor

19.12. UDO & Primal Fear

11.01. Gamma Ray / Helloween

not sure which ones I will go to... can't afford all of them

I'd deff go
sonata and the nuclear blast thing for edguy and also iced earth
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
I have Napalm Death in two weeks in Dublin, cant wait.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by wintee_madness
I'd deff go
sonata and the nuclear blast thing for edguy and also iced earth

Yeah Edguy are ****ing great. They headlined a festival about a month back and they were extremely good.

I'll probably give Sonata Arctica a miss as I've seen them before, same for Hammerfall and Motörhead (Motörhead plays on my birthday though... mhh)
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
mir ist kalt...
August 14th-Dream Theater, Redemption, Into Eternity (4th row bitches)
August 17th-Kamelot, Leaves Eyes
August 27th-Nile, Chthonic
September 4th-Katatonia, Scar Symmetry, Insomnium, Swallow the Sun
September 12th-Edguy, Into Eternity
September 19th-Finntroll
October 3rd-Sonata Arctice, Firewind
Novermber 2nd-Therion
November 9th-Enslaved, Arsis

I have yet to buy tickets to most of those, but they're on my calendar.
Quote by Masochist_Lust
Hopefully this lasts. If this is against the rules or if it has been done, fair enough.

Today I saw Regression, Chaos Divine and Black Asylum at Utopia Music in Sydney today for a free instore.

Regression - Not good. They didn't fit with the other bands, they were more metalcore-ish. They used open chords too much, and the drummer did triplet polyrhythms any chance he got. The tone was horrible, the riffs could have been written by anyone, and the vocals were boring. And to top it off, their stage present was awful. Not a good band.

Chaos Divine - <33333 This band was amazing. I expected them to be similar to Regression, but they weren't at all. Progressive Death Metal. They didn't try to br00talise everything, they just played everything how they wanted and let the emotion flow through. There were a fair few time changes that worked rather nicely and I'm glad that they lasted the longest. The vocals seem better live, but their EP that I picked up was recorded over a year ago. Amazing band.

Black Asylum - The way the sounds came out wasn't as good as last weekend at Out In The Cold. The drums were too loud and the vocals were almost unheard. But, great performance. Daniel and Chris ripped up the guitars awesomely, and they have an unbelievable stage presence. I also think that there is virtually no difference between their music live and on recording. This is an amazing band.

Yeah t'was alright there. Only thing is, small space + loud noise + **** acoustics = bands sound crappy. Besides the sound wasnt overly great, it was a pretty good performance. I also caught Chaos Divine later that night at the Mandarin Club, was definately better then the Utopia gig, but i went there to see Synperium (tech-death) and Corpsesickle (death metal) Top gig.

Quote by whalepudding
That wanker punching the air and yelling about his hat was annoying though, you could tell everyone wanted him to **** off. I loved how he kept trying to grab the mic but no-one would give it to him.

Yeah what the **** was up with that guy?? ****ing irritated the **** of me, see him when he grabbed the pole?? i thought someone was gonna get their heads smacked in!!!

So who were you guys?? If you noticed a dude with a black beanie with semi-long hair wearing an Hypocrisy - The Arrival shirt, that was me!
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Quote by GuitarSacrifice
Yeah t'was alright there. Only thing is, small space + loud noise + **** acoustics = bands sound crappy. Besides the sound wasnt overly great, it was a pretty good performance. I also caught Chaos Divine later that night at the Mandarin Club, was definately better then the Utopia gig, but i went there to see Synperium (tech-death) and Corpsesickle (death metal) Top gig.

Yeah what the **** was up with that guy?? ****ing irritated the **** of me, see him when he grabbed the pole?? i thought someone was gonna get their heads smacked in!!!

So who were you guys?? If you noticed a dude with a black beanie with semi-long hair wearing an Hypocrisy - The Arrival shirt, that was me!

Haha yeah, what a douche. Did you see it when he was arguing with Black Asylum about his hat? Jesus Christ.

I loved your shirt, I pointed you out to some of my mates.

We were in a group of seven, my girlfriend was their with a Killswitch Engage shirt, a mate with a Pantera shirt, another mate with a Slayer shirt and whalepudding with just black clothes on. Also one of my mates girlfriends (can't remember what she was wearing) and my best friend was wearing a yellow top and she has blonde hair. All the guys have long hair, the girls have shorter hair. We were standing near the counter for Regression, near the merch for Chaos Divine and the guys were headbanging in Black Asylum.

I should talk to you next gig I see you at. You going to Black Asylum, Dred and Five Star Prison Cell at Erina Fair on the 18th?

MasEDIT: I was wearing a Norma Jean shirt, very similar to the one that the drummer from Regression was wearing.
Last edited by Masochist_Lust at Aug 4, 2007,
Shows coming up here:

6th : Kodiak Bear Regiment and various other bands
9th: ED and Pellinore + others.
16th: The Mongoloids, Iron Age, and War Hungry
17th: VD, Animal Blood and Dick Punch
18th: Another VD show, This time with Doomsday Machine Schematic, December Alternus, and A Day Of Pigs.

I'm about to have a fun 2 weeks, which is good cause I have a lot of moshing saved up from missing Vital Remains last week. That sucked.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Im going to Symphony X on thursday. Ill let you guys know how it is. Im waiting for BG to come back around and perhaps Dimmu or Emperor.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
not sure bout the dates..but this month im gonna see:

all that remains+sylosis

arch enemy(one off gig)

the black dahlia murder

the black crusade tour(trivium,dragonforce,shadows fall,machine head,arch enemy
september....
Last edited by x Misanthropy x at Aug 5, 2007,
Right, I am very ****ing hungover and my neck is very sore, so I'll keep this brief.

Snakebite - Good old thrash metal (also my mates band). Haven't seen them live in ages and they have really come on. I was already drunk by the time they came on, so it was just me windmilling in front of the stage, but they were still pretty good, sound was spot on.

Missed Toy Town Cash, more drinking and eating...

I caught the end of Cinders Fall, but not enough to register what was happening, will check myspace later. Next band I saw was Breed Apart, kinda like a Lamb Of God/Darkest Hour crossover. It got a bit samey after a few songs, but they had wicked stage presence and the singer has a br00t set of vocal chords on him.

Ted Maul were next and absolutely ****ing destroyed EVERYTHING. Awesome, I didn't stop windmilling throughout the entire set. Very, VERY brutal.

Missed Kingsize Blues cus I'm not into them that much, more drinking please...

By the time Akercocke come on I am well and truly wasted, but I am in touch with reality enough to know that they were incredible, one of the tightest acts I've seen (although I suppose you have to be when you're playing at 280bpm...) Was a bit disappointed that they didn't play a bit more from 'Words that go unspoken...' as I haven't picked up the new album yet, but they encored with a thunderous 'Enraptured by Evil' which permanently stapled the drunken smile to my face for the rest of the night. £12 very well spent.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by Butt Rayge

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Last edited by matt85210 at Aug 5, 2007,
Quote by Masochist_Lust
Haha yeah, what a douche. Did you see it when he was arguing with Black Asylum about his hat? Jesus Christ.

I loved your shirt, I pointed you out to some of my mates.

We were in a group of seven, my girlfriend was their with a Killswitch Engage shirt, a mate with a Pantera shirt, another mate with a Slayer shirt and whalepudding with just black clothes on. Also one of my mates girlfriends (can't remember what she was wearing) and my best friend was wearing a yellow top and she has blonde hair. All the guys have long hair, the girls have shorter hair. We were standing near the counter for Regression, near the merch for Chaos Divine and the guys were headbanging in Black Asylum.

I should talk to you next gig I see you at. You going to Black Asylum, Dred and Five Star Prison Cell at Erina Fair on the 18th?

MasEDIT: I was wearing a Norma Jean shirt, very similar to the one that the drummer from Regression was wearing.

Oh ok, so you were the youngens up the front for Black Asylum ey. I saw your mate in the Slayer shirt get pushed around by that dickhead a few times during Chaos Divine which wouldve sucked!!

Im hoping to get to the Erina Fair gig (really wanna see Dred), but just gotta figure out a place to stay and getting there.
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Quote by Masochist_Lust

Oh, you mallcore kid you!
Hey, Shamus. Shut up. At least I have band shirts

Quote by GuitarSacrifice
Oh ok, so you were the youngens up the front for Black Asylum ey. I saw your mate in the Slayer shirt get pushed around by that dickhead a few times during Chaos Divine which wouldve sucked!!

Im hoping to get to the Erina Fair gig (really wanna see Dred), but just gotta figure out a place to stay and getting there.

Yep, that be us. That dickhead deserved to lose his hat, IMO. I'm definately going now that I've heard Five Star Prison Cell. They're incredible. I was only going for Black Asylum, which was reinforced by Dred and then Five Star Prison Cell. If you need to get there and back if you're getting a train, there are trains to Gosford and then fairly frequent buses to Erina Fair, there and back.
Quote by Masochist_Lust
Hey, Shamus. Shut up. At least I have band shirts :p
Well I'd have a hundred if Regression hadn't decided to play 100 years late! I'm just going to blame everything on them now.
Quote by Masochist_Lust
Hey, Shamus. Shut up. At least I have band shirts

Yep, that be us. That dickhead deserved to lose his hat, IMO. I'm definately going now that I've heard Five Star Prison Cell. They're incredible. I was only going for Black Asylum, which was reinforced by Dred and then Five Star Prison Cell. If you need to get there and back if you're getting a train, there are trains to Gosford and then fairly frequent buses to Erina Fair, there and back.

Yeah, i guess its not really getting there and back, just more something to do after the gig, but i gotta give my relos a ring (they live at Gosford) about letting us camp out at their joint for the night.
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Quote by Masochist_Lust

Since you're from Sydney...

Woolloongong black metal horde Pestilential Shadows (has/had former/current/babies with/held hands/etc members of Nazxul, Sacratain, Baal Gadriel, and heaps others) have a full line up again and looking to gig really soon, last I heard.

Keep an eye open, they're worth it.
Shadilay.
You could always just catch a train back the same night.
Quote by GuitarSacrifice
Yeah, i guess its not really getting there and back, just more something to do after the gig, but i gotta give my relos a ring (they live at Gosford) about letting us camp out at their joint for the night.

Looking for something to do in Gosford at night time is like trying to get blood out of a rock. It's not gonna happen. Except maybe laser tag. But yeah, you should probably go. Have you given Five Star Prison Cell a listen yet? I love them so so much. It'll be worth the trip, and it's cheap as dirt too.
Quote by morbid_death
Since you're from Sydney...

Woolloongong black metal horde Pestilential Shadows (has/had former/current/babies with/held hands/etc members of Nazxul, Sacratain, Baal Gadriel, and heaps others) have a full line up again and looking to gig really soon, last I heard.

Keep an eye open, they're worth it.

Awesome, thanks a lot mate. Unfortunately I'm on the other side of Sydney to them, but I'll keep my eyes out anyway.
Quote by Masochist_Lust
Looking for something to do in Gosford at night time is like trying to get blood out of a rock. It's not gonna happen. Except maybe laser tag. But yeah, you should probably go. Have you given Five Star Prison Cell a listen yet? I love them so so much. It'll be worth the trip, and it's cheap as dirt too.

Fair enough, im trying to talk my cousin into letting me stay at his joint and to come to the gig, so hopefully he'll go.
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Okay, I saw Metallica (Århus, Denmark) some weeks ago, and here's what I've got to say:

I've seen some poor vocal performances by Hetfield during the later years of his career, but he sounded great at this concert (He totally did songs like Fade To Black justice!). And they played mostly old stuff; when they played new stuff, they played some of the good songs like The Memory Remains. Awesome to hear the crowd chant during that song (Not to mention Creeping Death!). The playing was also very good and tight.

Bad things was:
1. The power cut during their 2nd song, For Whom The Bell Tools. Luckily, things got fixed, and after Hetfield said something like "We had a problem with the PA system... To much metal..." Metallica started again with Wherever I May Roam and kicked some serious ass with the following songs.

2. It was a little hard to see the stage where I was standing (The first concert where I wasn't up front). But that's not Metallica's fault.

All in all, this was Metallica like in the old days (Like on the Seattle Live **** DVD). Awesome concert. Better that I had expected. Worth all the money and the train ride.
Last edited by -Alek- at Aug 5, 2007,
I went to Ozzfest on Thursday. My favorite performances were Daath, 3 Inches of Blood, Nile, Behemoth, and ,I know they aren't allowed here but I like them, Lamb of God. Ozzy was okay, but his voice ****ed up too much. I got autographs from Behemoth, Nile, Lamb of God, and Zakk Wylde.
Quote by IronMaiden5
I went to Ozzfest on Thursday. My favorite performances were Daath, 3 Inches of Blood, Nile, Behemoth, and ,I know they aren't allowed here but I like them, Lamb of God. Ozzy was okay, but his voice ****ed up too much. I got autographs from Behemoth, Nile, Lamb of God, and Zakk Wylde.

I hate that for you. I really wish Ozzfest came near me... just for Nile. I'd leave after I saw Nile.
Anyone here going to Festival of the Dead in Australia? I'm rreeaaallly thinking about it. Here is heaps of info for you of a bit of paper I got at Utopia:

Bands Playing:
The Berzerker
The Amenta
Blood Duster
Akercocke
Fleshgore
Daysend
Astriaal
Fuck...I'm Dead
Amenti
Terrorust
Five Star Prison Cell
Lynchmada
Switchblade
Ruins
Double Dragon
The Day Everything Became Nothing
Grotesque
The Dead
Leicohtica
Mytile Vey Lorth
Sobrusion
Diamorah
Heathen Ritual
Beyond Mortal Dreams
Pathogen
Nexus
The Alchemont

When/Where:
Friday 19th October - The Factory, Sydney (all ages) $10
Daysend
Amenti
Five Star Prison Cell
Lynchmada
Switchblade
Double Dragon

Friday 19th October - The Arena Theatre, Brisbane (18+)
Astriaal
The Dead

Saturday 20th October - The Factory, Sydney (all ages) $55
The Berzerker
The Amenta
Blood Duster
Akercocke
Astriaal
Fleshgore
Amenti
Terrorust
Ruins
Grotesque

Sunday 21st October - Charles Sturt Uni, Wagga Wagga (18+)
Leicohtica
Grotesque
Mytile Vey Lorth
Sobrusion
Diamorah
Heathen Ritual

Thursday 25th October - Fowlers Live, Adelaide (all ages)
Beyond Mortal Dreams

Friday 16th October - Heat Nightclub, Perth (18+)
Pathogen
Grotesque
Nexus
The Alchemont

Friday 26th October - Hi Fi Bar, Melbourne (18+) $10
Daysend
Amenti
Five Star Prison Cell
Lynchmada
Switchblade
Double Dragon

Saturday 27th October - Hi Fi Bar, Melbourne (18+) $55
The Berzerker
The Amenta
Blood Duster
Akercocke
Astriaal
Fleshgore
Fuck...I'm Dead
Amenti
Terrorust
Grotesque

Sunday 28th October - Hi Fi Bar, Melbourne (under 18's) $45
The Berzerker
The Amenta
Akercocke
Fleshgore
Amenti
The Day Everything Became Nothing
^ It was better until Dave of Metalevilution pulled out. He was one of the original organisers of it last year and it was looking good this year until he pulled out his support and then it went crap.
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Wow, that looks pretty good. Haven't heard of a lot of those bands, though.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by Butt Rayge

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I really really want to see The Berzerker again, but I don't want to have to pay the extra $45 to see them, but then again their show has bands like Akercocke and The Amenta. I'm not sure.
Page 1 of 3