This is sort of a newbie question, but I'll ask anyway. It seems like if I play fairly hard on the fretboard, eventually the low E string starts vibrating on its own. None of the other strings do this. The string is in tune, but it seems like it is a touch loose. It is very apparent when I mess around with tapping, as a lot of force is applied to the fretboard. Is this normal? I have never had my guitar set up, when I bought it I was pleased with the action and how it played.

Oh, I have a Schecter C1 Blackjack and I play through a Valvetronix AD30VT.
i don't define myself by what silly groups i join.
just rest ur tapping hand other the other strings u dont want to ring out
Equips:

Ibanez RG2550E
Jackson DKMG
ESP LTD EC 200 QM
Peavey ValveKing Head & Slant Cabinet
Peavey 5150
Ashdown Fallen Angel 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9
Yeha, thats what I do, I don't know why only the low E string does this though, it occurs at other times. I guess it makes me better at muting unwanted strings.
S&S is right. And if your schecter is anything like mine (and yours in a couple hundred more) i doubt you need to get it set up. But check that you arent using too small of a gauge of string, the nut might be set for thicker strings.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Last edited by otherkid at Aug 4, 2007,
Yeah it has the stock 10's on here, they need to be changed. Everything else seems fine, so perhaps it is just sympathetic vibration.