Hey guys, here's a new thing I came up with. It has some opeth influences but also an original touch to it. Let me know what you think, and crit for crit of course
Attachments:
The Millenium Clock.zip
The Millenium Clock V2.zip
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at Aug 5, 2007,
gonna crit as i go!

The beggining riff is very nice and the harmonies go well, the lead seems to fit in well with the song as well.

The beggining solo is very nice imo, it fits perfectly with the song and doesnt clash or break it up at all.

THe change to the acoustic was a little fast but still sounded good and i like the little riff on the acoustic and the chords are very nice, defiently see the opeth right there :]

When distortion hits back it comes back with extreme gusto and a great riff i like it.

Im loving the riff at bar 100 after the break and the harmonies sound great, i like the little added tapping in there.

One thing ive noticed is the drumming is real simple but hey oh well its not about the drums anyway right

Im like the second acoustic interlude alot the riff sounds great on acoustic and that jazz guitar solo is beautiful the whole acoustic section is nice there and the outro riff on guitar is a great touch and the fade out made it even better.

THe guitar work is amazing as usual but im suprised at the fact that the bass is so simple, most of the time you have amazing bass work and i love ya for it but this one dissapointed me in the bass section

Still a great and amazing song once again combined with my love for opeth and junk blah blah blah 9.5/10 for the lack of bass and repetitive drumming but every thing else is amazing

crit4crit mines the battle for viego its a lil piece of solo not completed yet
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
Thanks a lot dude! Yea for this song I needed the bass to be a little bit simpler, I needed it to build more of a base (no pun intended) for the guitars.

I'll crit yours tomorow as right now I'm on my laptop and I don't have GP on here!

Alright guys 60 views and one comment? What's up with that haha

Anyways, I put up a new version, I tried adding strings to the last acoustic interlude. Tell me whether you like it better with or without the strings.

Woot really cool!

Beginning riff was awesome altough I didn't really like the rythm from bar 25 to 32, sounded weird o.O
Intro solo was really cool, fit perfectly in the song and with the rythm.
The acoustic part was nice, but like Stolen said, the change was maybe a little too fast..
Wasn't a fan of the riff afterwards but was still good...
The riff after was cool at first, but got boring afterwards, too much repetitive >.>...
The acoustic was really nice, I liked the little solo and the lead guitars

Really great song! Worth well a 8.5/10

EDIT: Oh, I didn't really heard the strings lol, but I guess it added a nice atmosphere.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625573
great stuff man! I liked the mood changes, sounded at times very progressive and then again changed back into a nwobhm-esque riff. Especially liked the acoustic parts with the chords. Ofcourse it sounds pretty sketchy with guitar pro but I can imagine what it would sound like live. Couple this thing up with some nice mixture of growl and clean vocals and you got a great song right there!
9.5/10
nice song you made here.
i think its a bit too repetitive in the begining with the intro riff-i mean befor and after the great solo you have there. i really liked it (the solo), just a bit too short in my opinion.
the coustic part is great, especially when it turns to chords.
and then a heavy riff, nice one.
the second acoustic part is not as good as the first, but still its good.
the second solo is nothing special, even thou it fits the acoustic part.
the outro is fine, nothing to be done there in my opinion.

overall, 8.5/10, maybe just becouse its not really my kind of music.
(crit any thing in my sig if you have time)
crit my songs, (PLZ):
[thread="610914"]Num.2[/thread]
[thread="610914"]Num.3[/thread]
[thread="610914"]Num.4[/thread]
[thread="620776"]Num.9[/thread]
[thread="620776"]Num.10[/thread]
[thread="630441"]Num.11[/thread]
[thread="637838"]Num.12[/thread]
[thread="638436"]Num.13[/thread]
[thread="639309"]Num.14(UnFinshed)[/thread]
[thread="638439"]Num.15(UnFinshed)[/thread]
[thread="642193"]Num.17[/thread]
[thread="643556"]Num.18[/thread]
[thread="651276"]Num.19[/thread]
[thread="660867"]Out Of The Darkness[/thread]
[thread="661588"]Begining[/thread]
Holy ****.

I can tell you've been listening to Moonlapse Vertigo. The first riff reminds me soooo much of it.

It's good. Seems like some of the longer more extended notes are stoccato'd though (Beginning lead...)... when they'd sound fine normally. Everything seems to flow nicely and fit well though. So good job.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"