I have a bit "silly" question......Can I use cables from an electric guitar for an electric bass guitar? Are cables "one size fits all" stuff? I am new to bass playing, so I am not into all the details yet.
yep, the patchcords for bass and guitar are exactly the same. They are used for other things, like keyboard amps and junk to.
Quote by Fast_Bear
someone sig that typo!

no

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
My amp is so loud, it has no number system.

It's only rated in decibels of loud and louder.
yep they're the same...but some more expensive cables are made to transmit the bass signal better.... but as you are beginning i wouldn't suggest them because they are quite expensive compared to average cables.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
yep they're the same...but some more expensive cables are made to transmit the bass signal better.... but as you are beginning i wouldn't suggest them because they are quite expensive compared to average cables.

There are? Link?
ya i own these ones myself i got a 12' a 21' and another monster cable made for Keyboard(as it also mention bass frequencies on the package) to go between my multi-effect and my distortion pedal.

Link to what i have:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/navigation?q=monster+bass+cable

PS: I think other brands make similiar things but i don't know about them....

Also some people say they don't help your tone...and I say they're dead wrong! When i got these i plugged in with my old cables and then plugged in with the monsters and it was much deeper and richer.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
^ Yeah their called Monster Bass Cables, I have one but I'm not really sure it was worth the $40 it doesn't really help it that much
^^^^^^see what i mean...people just don't understand^^^^^

If they're not worth it why does GC have monster bass cables to play on hooked up to the bass amps(at least at the GC I go to) if it wasn't a better tone would they really use the expensive cables for that?
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
^yes they would, all they have to do is make some minor adjustments to a normal cable which really doesn't make the cost a whole lot more and doesn't really improve the tone a whole lot, raise up the price because of it's name and increase profit

Edit: same thing for GC it just helps them with profit
cables, like everything else, are a get what you pay for, item. i use Monster instrument, and Speaker cables. they cost more, but the real advantage, to me, is the fact they have a lifetime warranty. if they fail, and all cables fail, eventually. GC will replace it with a brand new one. no receipt, no questions. well worth the extra money.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Aug 4, 2007,
Fender also makes Gold Series and Platinum Series Bass and Guitar cables. Bass Player Magazine game them a good review, saying they were top end cables for a middle of the line price.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
yeah but monster cables have that warrenty, i would always go through cables pretty fast so i just bought the monster. Had it for 5 months having replaced it once at guitar center with no questions asked.
Screw cables. Get a wireless.

Nah, not yet, there only really good for gigs where you move around the stage alot.
Cables don't really do anything positive to your tone. It's just bad cables degrade your tone.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
cables are cables. but amps arnt amps. they make ones just for bass. was that what threw you off?
?