Hey,
Eventually, I plan on modding out either a SX Telecaster or a Cheaper Agile LP.
I was wondering, are these worth modding, in the sense that the body and neck are good? Everything else i'll probably swap out (pickups, bridge unit, tuners). I've read reviews that some people claim that the fender copies that SX makes are as good as the made in mexico ones (construction wise atleast).
I guess it would be better than modding out a cheap epiphone or a squier.

Thanks in advance!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
put it this way, I had 2 fender standard strats..Ive already ordered one SX, and im going to be modding it with pups and a hardware change in the coming weeks..i sold both my standards once i plugged in the sx strat I got..honestly, the alder gives off a gorgeous tone, and the neck isnt half bad either..definately worth it in my opinion
Yeah check out the neck if iot suck buy a new one. get a wiring kit from stew mac.
Quote by Varkunus
well i got an MG
Hmm... I've heard that their necks are nice.
I'm waiting for them to get the mahogany p90 strat back in stock, and i'll just toss on a superstrat wiring kit for some brian may switching options.

D_byrne: You're talking about made in mexico strats right?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
All right, I'll check out them out. maybe I can scout around some local stores for one to try.
Any more people on here with experience with them?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Aren't they plywood? I could have sworn an SX bass I worked on was plywood...
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
nope, most are either alder, or mahogany.

There's 1 or 2 basswood, and the V is agathis.
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Nope, all the strats are either Ash or Alder.
They have some other guitars that are mahogany.
Yeah, they have a couple basswoods and the V is agathis.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
And you guys know this how? (Just wondering really, I doubt you've actually checked all those models to really see).

I love being an instigator.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Algee, you are my hero.

In response to the thread starters actual question, I say, why wouldn't you mod it? I mean, its not like these guitars are priceless relics that have survived the rock and roll holocaust. I say make your own. Make it how YOU want it. Unleash your inner luthier!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
^ Rock n' Roll holocaust? Is that like, disco or something?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Yes. Yes it is. And that, my friends is why Lipps Inc. = Hitler. Which I guess makes those mirror balls the Luftwaffe...

Anyway, back on topic, a custom paint job on any guitar screams original. It's the first thing people see, next to the shape I suppose.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
My drummer plays guitar slightly and he picked one of them up for fun. He got an SX Strat and I have to say that its the best guitar for the money I've ever played. I say go for it, a pickup swap would probably make it sound great, give it a shot and let me know how it goes.