As you guys prbally know, i have made countless threads about a metal guitar i want/
My uncle has lent me his ibanez for 3 weeks wooooo. Its an absolute brute.

i think its a 1980's model he brought at my local shop 4 years ago, i forgot he had it.

It hasnt been played for a while, so im getting it re-strung, set up properly.
The neck isnt as thick as i expected, but flat on the finger board, The humbuckers give it such a fat warm tone. Although the pics are crappy, the wood is really nice.

I dont know why theyre are V7 and V8 haters, there fairly good pick ups.
Your not wearing socks...

Buts, it is a great looking guitar.
Not sure exactly why you posted this other than to show off "your" guitar.

This thread is useless.
i have a black rg 120 i got it last december its amazing.
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
Lol...its not my guitar its my uncles, and secondly i am wearing socks..."sport socks".

This guitar is worth so much more than what he brought it for.
has it got an edge?

odds are it does, unless it's a 470.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DieKrupps
Lol...its not my guitar its my uncles, and secondly i am wearing socks..."sport socks".

This guitar is worth so much more than what he brought it for.

Doubt it...it's probably worth about the same though. Even 550's are only going for about what they originally cost - which is still damn good going in a market where most thigs lose half their value simply by virtue of somebody breathing on them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Doubt it...it's probably worth about the same though. Even 550's are only going for about what they originally cost - which is still damn good going in a market where most thigs lose half their value simply by virtue of somebody breathing on them.

The reissues go for the normal price ATM, but I see 400$ originals all the time.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by steven seagull

doubt it ? ...you dont know how much he brought it for. and it it is worth way more than what he paid for it. They didnt produce many of these ibanez's actually...especially this dark red burgendy colour, with the silver Ibanez Logo on the head stock.
Ah - misread it...I didn't spot the bit about him buying it 4 years ago

The market's different in the UK to the US, generally an older RG in good condition can go for close to the original price, maybe as much as £100 less if someone's hard-nosed but in general it's pretty buoyant.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Ah - misread it...I didn't spot the bit about him buying it 4 years ago

The market's different in the UK to the US, generally an older RG in good condition can go for close to the original price, maybe as much as £100 less if someone's hard-nosed but in general it's pretty buoyant.

Yes i agree, The UK market is different,

And he may have brought it 4 years ago but this is a 1994 japanese model, all original.
That's what I meant, if he'd bought it new then it wouldn't be worth than he payed. However if it was second hand and someone let it go cheap then naturally it'd be worth more than he paid. I have a 93 RG550 that was £600 new, I've seen similar models go for around (oddly enough!) £550 recently, which isn't bad depreciation at all.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

no i dont think its a great loss either.

Maybe its a guitar shop thing, but that shop that sold it 4 years ago, said it could be worth up to a grand in years to come.

Have you noticed how chunky the neck is ? the wizard necks are horrible in comparison
Dunno, doesn't look like anything overly spectacular given it has the V7/V8 set, just looks like an RG570 with a transparent finish...madpick's probably the expert here, he'll know what it is
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

did the 550's ever have direct mounted pickups? it is quite a strange finish, too... though that's before my (guitar-playing) time, unfortunately...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by steven seagull
Dunno, doesn't look like anything overly spectacular given it has the V7/V8 set, just looks like an RG570 with a transparent finish...madpick's probably the expert here, he'll know what it is

who is madpicks ?