Danish oil. Im not geared up for spraying really yet. It gonna have a single EMG 85 in the bridge with a black surround. 1 Volume, 1 Tone.
is it me or is the truss rod cover kinda at an angle?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Yeah, its coz the nuts not on yet. Its only got one screw. It'll be straight when the nuts fitted.
while looking at that headstock i came 4 times
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Im liking the reverse gibson explorer style headstock, very unconventional for a V model but yet it works.. What are the general specs?
I really like what you did with the fretboard by making a big block on the bottom, really cool
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Nice, it alder?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
Sick, I love now the neck near the pup doesn't have any frets.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Im liking the reverse gibson explorer style headstock, very unconventional for a V model but yet it works.. What are the general specs?

clearly you have never heard of the company kramer , or seen kerry king's flying v's

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
I really respect how well it's done, and I applaud you for the amount of skill and effort it must have taken to create art like that, but it's just not my style. I personally don't like it, but it seems like everyone else does, so good on you mate, it's a beautiful instrument.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I love it and I usually hate V's (allthough I'm starting to take a liking to some of them). The block inlays look great on this guitar.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by XibanezedgeX
Is this johnnyguitarman?? I recognize your work and your stone patio. Btw Love the guitar, I have a love afair with hockeystick headstocks...

Yeah, I was bad and got banned. I'm gonna be good now though.
Im liking the reverse gibson explorer style headstock, very unconventional for a V model but yet it works.. What are the general specs?[

Maple neck, One piece Mahogany body, Ebony fingerboard, Mother of pearl inlays. White neck binding. Glued in neck. one volume one tone, 1 EMG with pup surround.
Body- 38mm deep. Neck - 21mm @1st fret, 24 @16th. 24 frets.
The extra board length was there to hide the tennon going into the body. The guy I made it for didnt want it fretted to the end so I inlaid that and im gonna engrave S.P.V in the pearl and fill it with ebony dust.
Last edited by Guitarmaker at Aug 5, 2007,
Yeah, be good, I like your work. And thank you for using slightly thicker necks- people wanting 19-21mm necks scares me.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
Yeah, be good, I like your work. And thank you for using slightly thicker necks- people wanting 19-21mm necks scares me.

I think the more meat you leave on the neck, the better the guitar tends to sound. better sustain, more stability and a lot nicer tone all round. Some of the best sounding guitars ive played have had bigish necks.
Quote by Guitarmaker
Yeah, I was bad and got banned. I'm gonna be good now though.

Uh oh...
most people that make hockey sticks usually are just a little off from what i like, you have nailed the perfict headstock shape. i aplaud you. and i like my necks 20-20mm

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Quote by Acoustic archie
Any chance you could tell me what bridge that is?
or a link to a website that sells it? thanks

It's just a tune-o-matic type bridge, I don't know what brand that one is, but Tonepros make them.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Looks nice, do you think that building a guitar somthing like this one would be hard for a first build?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
No, its fairly simple shape, nothing complex. One pickup makes wiring very easy for a first build, I'd say go for it. PS I have a great Seymour Duncan wiring diagram for 2 humbuckers, 1 vol, 1 tone and a three way switch if you need.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
^ Yes and no. Seymour Duncan pickups have a different colour code than other pickups.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club