Something weird just happened, my mum was hoovering and sucked up my pick. So she went out and got me a pick, i didnt say which one she got me this pick

For some reasons am now playing better guitar due to the new pick, anyone explain why?
Harder pic? usually produces more powerful notes, could b more pointy making it more accurate?
Equips:

Ibanez RG2550E
Jackson DKMG
ESP LTD EC 200 QM
Peavey ValveKing Head & Slant Cabinet
Peavey 5150
Ashdown Fallen Angel 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9
Thicker picks are generally better for lead stuff...they don't bend so they're more accurate and all you're picking energy is transferred to the string rather than wasted bending the pick.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
WAIT. You vacuumed up your pick? So she bought you another one? You are the only guitarist I know that doesn't have 1000 sitting around the house, 2000 if you consider the ones they've lost.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
i only have one pick also ^^ dunlop 0.88 works for anything. so im the second person u know who uses 1 pick now. (lost none ^^)

I use either 0.88 or 0.60 dunlops

Don't like using the 0.60 though its way too big.
I like thin picks they give I like a nice crisp sound, I use Dunlops too btw
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ya man I switch between pick brands, types and thicknesses all the time. They give different sounds and speeds for different styles.

About the 1897689076 picks deal, yesterday I pulled out more picks than changes while paying for a vertigo candy... wow. About every 3-4 months Ill spend a good $30 on picks, only to lose, leave, or lend them away.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
^ I've got like 300ish lost in my house, and only 15 to hand...

its annoying =P
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Hahaha ya I've resorted to upturning friends houses looking for things. The best part is, on any given day I have between 10-30 picks on my person ( I use that phrase because they get into some starnge places. Like my socks one day...) but when I'm at school I never have any at hand. It makes me angry cause then I cant rock out in the back.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by kevinm4435
Jazz IIIs rule.

Red or black?

Black for me. And yea, Jazz III's pwn all!
I've yet to find an actual difference between picks. I've heard tons of people say the slightest difference in pick can change how you play and your tone completely, but I've never noticed it.
I've got pretty much every size, shape and material pick you care to mention, and aside from the big extremes (say, going from a 0.4mm to a 2.3mm), I usually can't tell a difference between them. I normally find I just pick up one of the dunlop .88mm, .73mm or 1.0mm (green, yellow, light blue) and play away - never makes the damndest bit of difference which I use, just depends which colour goes better with the finish on whichever guitar I've picked up

I really, really do not see how changing picks is going to make anyone play better, unless they were using some kind of really wiggy, weird-arse pick before.
Hmm i think pick sizes make a difference for us newbies

I've been using (i think it'd be below 0.6 mm) pick, it seems flexible enoguh for strumming and nto too thin that picking notes would be less efficient compared to a thicker pick.

I always had the impression that(from advice/word of mouth) that thin picks = strumming, chords that sorta thing, thicker = picking the notes, individual things etc.

I did notice that the thicker pick made it hard for me to strum a chord... so yeah since im a lazy bugger I've gone inbetween with something not too thin, not too thick. That way i can go both ways. Sure if i wanted to be efficient i could change between a light pick and a thicker pick depending on the situation, but meh lazyness is an enemy

I Think once you get better at playing pick size really doesnt make a difference. Sorta like sport, give a pro a crappy racquet and its not like they cant play
haha and jeez how do you pplz lose so many picsk so often

i only had about 4 that came with my first guitar, and if i hadn't decided to collect nice picks for a hobby then I wouldnt have gotten the extra 4 picks i got overseas.

Whereas some of you have dozens-hundreds :S do you actually use em all? :O
Quote by SaberX

Whereas some of you have dozens-hundreds :S do you actually use em all? :O
I just counted: I've got 87 picks. I'm guessing that's quite alot to someone who only has a handful?
And I'm pretty sure I use them all. As I said before, I don't notice a tonal difference or find any easier to use than others, so I just pick up whatever I feel like at the time for any given reason, usually just the colour.

There's only one I definately don't use, a Richie Sambora signature pick, 'cause I don't want the gold print signature to rub off
Probably because it's pink!

But what the hell, I've never seen a pink Tortex. It's not even on their site. Yesterday I went to the store and got some Tortexes and Jazz IIIs (because people seem to rave about them). There was a blonde rock bimbo behind the counter: she knew what Neutrik connectors were, that's pretty smart for a blonde!
I've got at least 50 different picks. I've settled on the Jazz III now. Its power is maximum.
I'm a communist. Really.
i find the smaller the pick the better it is for faster playing, unless of course it's so small that your finger and thumb cover it completely.. but i prefer the sound of a thinner pick for cleans which is why i have a pick holder on my guitar that goes thick thin thick thin, i just throw them down when i'm changing then put them all back when i'm done. as you can imagine i lose 100s per week. it's ridiculous though, i occasionally drop them at the computer accidentally and when i look don't, no pick, i pull the computer desk out, no pick, i look under the computer, printer etc
WHERE THE HELL DO THEY GO!?!? lol
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
i find the smaller the pick the better it is for faster playing, unless of course it's so small that your finger and thumb cover it completely.. but i prefer the sound of a thinner pick for cleans which is why i have a pick holder on my guitar that goes thick thin thick thin, i just throw them down when i'm changing then put them all back when i'm done. as you can imagine i lose 100s per week. it's ridiculous though, i occasionally drop them at the computer accidentally and when i look don't, no pick, i pull the computer desk out, no pick, i look under the computer, printer etc
WHERE THE HELL DO THEY GO!?!? lol

bugs eat them i guess.
I only have like 2 right now.

There is about 5 lying around broke and at least 30 around the house lost.
Well I do have like 10 thin picks, but I don't like to play with them that light
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Quote by kevinm4435
Jazz IIIs rule.

****inay
black jazz III's FTW!