Well, this morning, I woke up hopelessly depressed, cuz my girlfriend had a big rant at me last night, so naturally im all "ummmmmmmmmm" to anything anyone said to me.

So, im sat in the kitchen, and my mum tells me "we're going out shopping next week". Im 15, so, im obviously not going to want to be seen out shopping with my mum, so I tells her "I don't want to", she asks why, so I tell her id be embarassed if any of my mates saw me shopping with her.

She seemed pretty normal then. But later, she was upstairs, so i went up to see what she was doing, she was lying on her bed, so I sat there, and she started rolling me about, playing, like. Im all "errrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh don't!" cuz I felt sick and depressed. and then she had a big rant at me...

"GOD, why are you so moody all the time?"
"You never say anything nice to me!"
"why am I a embarassment"

Those were some of the key statements? xD

But, then, she goes storming downstairs, so i played on my guitar for abit. About half a hour later, she shouts up "come down, please". So I go down, and she tells me where my grandmas pills are, and that shes going out. I ask her what time she'd be back, and she said "I don't know". And then went out.

My grandma said shed been crying :/

Whats wrong with her?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!'
Must be that time of the month.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Mabye you affended her by saying you didnt want to be seen with her??

I used to be like that, but not anymore. Its like shes your mum, spend time with her!
You shouldnt have said you'd be embarrassed being seen with her,do what i say and say something like 'I cant be arsed'.When you see her again,sit down next to her,and tell her your sorry for what you did,and you didnt mean what you said,then give her a hug or something.That should work
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by rockon1824
I'd say the fact that you told her she's an embarrassment to you is probably the problem.

yeah shes your mother man, show some respect, be a man about it..
oooh no, she's using your own behaviour against you :O
Quote by Aidy Damage
There are countries outside of America and music other than metal

Member of The White Stripes club
It's her time of the month. I say you buy her a pack of tampons
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
you shouldnt have said shes an embarassment. you should have said something like "i dont feel like it" or "im too tired"

Jack my swag
congratulations, you may have just completely ****ed up your relationship with your mother.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
everyone goes through that phase, just be sure to snap out of it and make sure your mom knows you love her before you turn 18 and move out of the house
Quote by clincher09
you win

Quote by Vornik
..Are you wearing a pokemon hat?

Quote by Schmietty
+1 for what looks like a Pokemon hat.
Quote by Bubban

+1
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by ToffeeandApples

My grandma said shed been crying :/

Whats wrong with her?

Quote by ToffeeandApples
so I tell her id be embarassed if any of my mates saw me shopping with her.

You know she IS your mother, she gave birth to you and stuff.
Then hearing you are ashamed of being seen with your own mother probably hurt her alot...
How would you feel if your own child was embarassed of you ?

Edit : drat replies come fast here
Actually, I find it odd that she's taking it so hard. Isn't it common for most kids to be like that anyways? Perhaps it is something else.
GMO INC.
Quote by Bubban

Thats the first thing i thought too. High five?
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
You told her she was an embarrassment? What the hell is wrong with you!? Jeez, the way I see you on here, I'm suprised if you have any real friends.
NOPE.
She has been really busy lately. Her auntie died last october, then her Uncles wife died, then my grandma had her hip replaced, so she had to look after her alot more, cuz she lives with us anyway. Then her uncle died, and then my grandma had a acciedent.

But, like someone said, isn't it normal for kids to now want to go out shopping with their mum?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!'
My mom understands that it's kind of embarrassing for me to go shopping with her, so she leaves me and tells me to get some clothes or whatever and gives me her credit card It's really embarrassing when your clothes shopping and theres like super hot chicks and your mom is trying to pick out your clothes for you
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by ToffeeandApples

But, like someone said, isn't it normal for kids to not want to go out shopping with their mum?

Probably.. yet i've never been ashamed to go along with my mum.

Along with her problems you could've atleast been a lot more subtle rather than OH HEY IM ASHAMED OF YOU FOR NO ACTUAL REASON ,(unless i missed something ).

so.. Go apologise, tell her you love her, go shopping with her you'l realise it's not a big deal at all.
I never really understood why it's so embarrasing for anyone to be seen with their parents. So what if someone sees you and your mum shopping together, so do most people, your friends probably don't really give a sh*t when they see you together
What's wrong with being seen with your mum?
I'm 15 aswell, and I don't mind going shopping with her, she pays for stuff after all
It's not like I don't have friends to go out with though... ^^
Quote by _Mayday_
Somehow; I thought it would be a better idea to show the bus driver my dick instead of my bus pass.
I understand that it is a difficult situation but perhaps you should have just said that you didn't feel like going.

It's easy to say you 'shouldn't be embarrassed' and if you think logically then it really isn't, but it just is, for me anyway.

I can't understand why everyone else on here is so appalled by what you said. By the sounds of it he didn't say 'you're an embarrassment' ( in no particular context), just that it would be embarrassing to be seen with her. There's a big difference, depending on how you said it.
She's probably just sad that you're actually growing up now. Every mom wants their kid to be like 7 years old forever. You shouldn't say it's embarrassing though, be a little creative!
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
Dude, you're an idiot. There's no reason to be ashamed of your parents, believe me I have a weird-ass dad that I was very embarrassed of for a long time, but I realized that my friends all thought he was crazy and hilarious, not creepy and annoying. Now there are a few "reasonable logic" points that I need to give you.

First, when you go shopping with your parents, that means THEY PAY! It's FREE.

Second, you're only 15.. what are you, going to be a sophomore in high school? You're not even close to being an adult yet, so leech off your parents while you can. Maturity is understanding that your parents are on your side, not trying to push them away.

Third, why are you so embarrassed? I bet you wouldn't have had a chance with those hot girls from the rich suburbs anyway!
Yeah your mates probably think your parents are cooler than you think they are.
Quote by mustardman
Granted, they're crap, but they're decent.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
She has been really busy lately. Her auntie died last october, then her Uncles wife died, then my grandma had her hip replaced, so she had to look after her alot more, cuz she lives with us anyway. Then her uncle died, and then my grandma had a acciedent.

But, like someone said, isn't it normal for kids to now want to go out shopping with their mum?

Well now that you've said that, it somewhat makes more sense... I think you should just apologize immediately. Whether you're embarrassed being with her or not, it seems like she's going through some tough **** right now and you telling her that (even if it is normal) may be amplified by all the other stuff happening.
GMO INC.
You're embarrassed of going shopping with her? How do you think she felt waddling around while having you stretching out her uterus, giving her back problems, and kicking her bladder?

Don't just say sorry, mean it. If you don't, you'll end up regretting your ingratitude when you're carrying her coffin.
she might have forgotten what its like to be your age. Her parents were an embarrassment to her as well. Or maybe she never wanted to get to that age where you would find her embarrassing and you triggered a mid life crisis. way ta go
Well my mom goes shopping with me for pants and shirts all the time, and I couldn´t care less. Also, whocares if the "hot girls" laugh at you? It´s not like they´re impression of you matters at all. Please apologize now while you can and then GROW THE **** UP!
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
What's worng with beeing seen with your parents? They are your parents and it's perfectly normal to go shopping with your mum when you are 15 mate
...And the worms ate into his brain.