Im looking to get my second guitar soon and have no idea what to get, ive been playing for 2 years and have progressed very well (i think) i was thinking a epiphone sg or a schecter damien fr. Im in the 300 < price range i aint the richest dude on the planet any suggestions??
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
depends what you're playing. i'm guessing its rock? the schecter will do a fine job if you're not to adverse with the fussiness of floyds.. SG's are pretty much the standard for hard rock and some metal. the SG and the Damien are pretty different from each other so if there's some specific specs you'd want, you should look for a guitar that has what you need.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
i play in a hard rock kinda metal band

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
ive never played a damien before but i was at guitar center the other day and my friend was looking at an epiphone SG. I tried it out and it was awesome. it was really light and had a great sound. I was really impressed. As I said, I cant compare it to the Damien, but schecters are usually used for metal and such. SG's are very versatile and you can use them for just about anything. If it were me, Id probably get the SG
:stickpoke thats pretty much it
i find that the SG's go outta tune easy (like most other guitars with 3 tunning head per side) because it pulls on the D and G string forcing them outta tune if i were you i would look into a used ibanez i find them better then schecter and when i said SG's go outta tune i was talking about gibson SG epiphone is like 10 times worse
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
does anyone have any other recommendations of guitars though??

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
they are both good guitars. from expierence with my epi, they dont go out of tune that easily. idk about the damien because i have never played one however i have played the c1 classic and hellraiser and they were both excellent
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
most guitars (unless its a factory reject) should have decent enough tuning stability. a lot of people encounter these types of problems due to they way they set their guitar up. sometimes very unlikely things can throw your tuning stability out the window.

as far as what guitar you should get, just keep testing out as many as you can. don't worry about what brand of guitar your picking for now.. just play and see what feels best.
ive been thinking about this but im pretty sure on gettin the g400 custom (ivory with added humbucker)

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Depending on your rig, you might get more of an improvment buying a new amp like a roland cube 60. Big enough to gig, suited for hard rock and metal, decent amp. If you have a decent amp already then I would just play guitars in shops till you find one you like. Try to play them through your amp to get the sound you actually will hear, or at least close. I dont think youll see a huge improvment with a 300 dollar guitar over that of a starter pack. Although a MIM Fender fat strat would probly work for you, you would have to go used though. There nice guitars for punk and still versitile.
im considering gettin a peavey 112 does anyone have one if so what do they sound like??

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 12joey.c12
im considering gettin a peavey 112 does anyone have one if so what do they sound like??

Peavey makes many 112s.... I think you need to go to a guitar shop and try some amps and stuff or else you are going to end up getting a mediocre product and wasting money.
Quote by acdc_rocks_1992
i find that the SG's go outta tune easy (like most other guitars with 3 tunning head per side) because it pulls on the D and G string forcing them outta tune if i were you i would look into a used ibanez i find them better then schecter and when i said SG's go outta tune i was talking about gibson SG epiphone is like 10 times worse

If the guitar is setup well, it wouldn't be a problem, but yeah, Epi LP's and SG's are renowned for falling out of tune before getting properly setup.

Some 3-a-sides are very stable though, like Flying V's. You just want a straight (or minimal) nut to peg angle.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
gsr2k6, what amps would you reccommend from 0 - 200 quid ??

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
If you play alot of metal stuff and want versatility...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp?sku=480197

Would be my first choice. If you dont need as much gain (still able to play punk though) And want the best tone for your money, a 15 watt tube combo is the way to go. Check out fender blues junior, crate v16, fender pro junior, Laney also has a few good 15 watt combos to check out.

EDIT:

Also, the clean channel on pretty much all the 15 watt tube combos will be better than the roland, but at gig volumes they will probly start to distort a little unless you mic it up. The distortion however, sounds better the louder its turned up. Not the same story for a solid state amp like the roland.
Last edited by gsr2k6 at Aug 4, 2007,
15 watts?! although im young my band do play live you know

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 12joey.c12
15 watts?! although im young my band do play live you know

Trust me, 15 watts TUBE is alot louder than youll think.
aye 15 tube watts is probably closer to 40 ss watts.
Quote by Kivarenn82
aye 15 tube watts is probably closer to 40 ss watts.

yep, and if you are still undecided about a guitar, look at the Ibanez RG321MH.
Quote by gsr2k6
Trust me, 15 watts TUBE is alot louder than youll think.

Haha yeah you should see peoples faces when I crank up my little valve junior! It's only 5watts