so i bought my first guitar yesterday and i picked the perfect one for me.

its gorgeous and has a nice folk style and sound to it.. which is what i like most about it.

i just want to boast so check it out!
http://www.smcmusic.com/website_gregbennett/om7.html

I paid half the retail price so thats a real great bonus as well.
I'm not afriad of dying. pieces of me die all the time
I know the feeling bud. I got my first guitar June 26th of 2006 (yes I remember the date), and have been in love ever since.

Good choice on a first guitar too. Although I do love my Takamine G340, its definitely not the highest quality. Lookin to buy an upgrade soon
Quote by NoobguitarFTW
I know the feeling bud. I got my first guitar June 26th of 2006 (yes I remember the date), and have been in love ever since.

Good choice on a first guitar too. Although I do love my Takamine G340, its definitely not the highest quality. Lookin to buy an upgrade soon

My first guitar was a Takamine EG230, similar to yours .. . . I think. The strings are about 1/5" off the fretboard and virtually unplayable, the neck is warped, electronics dead, frets worn out, saddle too low; yet, i love it too. If i press down hard enough, I can play chords, and while it doesn't have that high quality tone, it's like candy to my mouth.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
MY FIRST ONE WAS DECEMBER 25th 1999 AND BOY WAS THAT ****TY SQUIRE WAS LOOKING FOR MAN!!! OH EM GEE MAN EL OH EL!11 serously i feel like i got shafted :/
Congrats
Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:
Dean ML79 w/Floyd Electric Guitar
Transparent Braziliaburst

Member #21 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Quote by easthatred
MY FIRST ONE WAS DECEMBER 25th 1999 AND BOY WAS THAT ****TY SQUIRE WAS LOOKING FOR MAN!!! OH EM GEE MAN EL OH EL!11 serously i feel like i got shafted :/

What the hell did you just say?
Quote by jimtaka
What the hell did you just say?

+1

Yeah, my first acoustic was a cheapo Excel $80 special at my local guitar shop. Still have the old girl, think I may get her out tonight and get reaquainted
My first guitar was a pretty Fender acoustic. I admit, I was a stupid noob...but it taught me well.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Nice, I'm glad you've found the one

I love my main guitar because I'm comfortable with it and I've grown with it. It's not the best guitar in the world (Takamine EG530SC), but it suits me and I'm happy and comfortable with the sound and playability. It's not my first guitar but it's the first one I started song writing with, which is very important to me.

Enjoy your guitar!
lol everyone keeps calling me bud and stuff. just to clear the record.. im a female haha. and yeah i ****ing love this guitar is absolutely gorgeous. it sounds so amazing.. but unfortunately, like all new guitars, it has to be tuned to much at first.. its such a pain in the ass ha.
I'm not afriad of dying. pieces of me die all the time
Quote by escapeartist..
lol everyone keeps calling me bud and stuff. just to clear the record.. im a female haha. and yeah i ****ing love this guitar is absolutely gorgeous. it sounds so amazing.. but unfortunately, like all new guitars, it has to be tuned to much at first.. its such a pain in the ass ha.

What's with girls and Greg Bennetts? My girlfriend has the same thing.. or similar b/c hers is cedar top too (The one in the $300 thread)
Quote by escapeartist..

1) Mistake admitting you're female
2) If you want an explanation to Question one, see answer point 4
3) You can still be a bud
4) Site is full of mid-pubescent horny teenage boys.

Thankfully here in the acoustic section we're a bit more civilised..............
Guys, a guitar that you can truly call 'yours' is your first guitar, right? Every guitar I've played was from someone else's, and were never dubbed 'mine'.

my first guitar was an Oscar-Schmidt by Washburn...given to me by my cousin. Action so high, sound so crappy, a super dry fret board, tuners that will never stay in tune, and dents everywhere. And the finish was worn off....had it for a few months,

then upgraded to a guitar I can truly call mine, my Martin D-16GT. love it. glad you like your new guitar. may it serve you well.
Thankfully here in the acoustic section we're a bit more civilised..............

I must concur. And cheers on the sweet guitar
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

^^I picture the acoustic forum an abandoned cabin on the edge of the UG forest.
Quote by escapeartist..

That's awesome dude. Welcome to the acoustic guitar family bro.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Wow that guitar is really nice. A lot better than my first guitar which was a nameless acoustic I got on ebay for 3 bucks.
thats one great looking guitar dudette
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.