i started this thread because my favorite band is the white stripes and i just registered to ultimate-guitar so idk what else to talk about lol
check the modern rock forum for a thread about them already, and delete this one by going back into edit and checking the box that says delete message.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
White Stripes aren't modern rock...
If anything if they belong here the most.
Love is watching
Someone die.
Quote by Ghost_Knive
White Stripes aren't modern rock...
If anything if they belong here the most.

They're modern...they're rock...
A modern duo band?
They're garage... and Icky Thump is the only album to really be a bit modern rock.
But don't forget all the other albums...
Love is watching
Someone die.
They are Garage, they say though themselves on their website.
Garage sounds a lot like indie to me.
Love is watching
Someone die.
Quote by Ghost_Knive
They are Garage, they say though themselves on their website.
Garage sounds a lot like indie to me.

Even if it sounds like indie, it isn't. There's a huge thread on both White Stripes and Garage Rock in the Modern Rock sub-forum.

I'm not doing this to be an asshole, I'm just trying to keep the forums somewhat organized. The White Stripes have always been discussed in the MR forum and will always be and, I hate to break it to you, but you're not gonna change that.
Sorry! I didn't know there was a garage sub forum.
Yes, then it should go there.

My mistake. I have never heard garage to be a sub category or modern rock though.
Love is watching
Someone die.
Not of Modern Rock, but of rock, obviously. Modern Rock isn't a genre as such, it's just the name UG have chosen for bands that are post-classic rock and that still hold on to the same kind of "rock ethics" (e.g. White Stripes). And White Stripes are hardly classic rock, so.. This is where it goes.
I dont think they are necessarily either, but just sound like either here or there. Im not saying that they arent rock or modern but they sure as hell are somethin' and that somethin' is ****in' good.
*sigh*

There is already a thread on them!...please use the search button!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Im a big fan of The White Stripes i brought Icky Thump yesterday and its a pretty cool album, Jack White is an awesome guitarist.
Quote by sebastian_96
*sigh*

There is already a thread on them!...please use the search button!

Meh, the thread was originally started in the I/A forum. For some reason, they moved it here instead of closing it, even though I mentoned that there already was a huge White Stripes thread.
*reported.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.