so i bought a mic and a cable to connect to my gnx4...i connected one side to the mic and the other to the pedal but now i can't take the mic off one side of the cable has a little thing to press and take it off but putted that part to the mic....the other side has nothing...so how do i take it off???
Quote by cokeisbetter
If there's any little button to push on it, push that and pull. It's XLR, right?

It's XLR...but theres a button only on one side (which i connected to the mic), the other side has nothing
Pull harder. The end going into the pedal should be the male connector, yes (assuming this is an XLR cable we're talking about)? That doesn't have a release clip, it should just pull apart. It's probably just a little stiff, which is better than it being loose.
Quote by supernashwankid
Pull harder. The end going into the pedal should be the male connector, yes (assuming this is an XLR cable we're talking about)? That doesn't have a release clip, it should just pull apart. It's probably just a little stiff, which is better than it being loose.

i'm pulling as hard as i can...how do you know it's a male connector?? and i just checked the box and it says that it is an XLR connector
Quote by cokeisbetter
Put the pedal on the ground, put your foot on it, and pull the cord!

and if it breaks you'll pay the $500???
Quote by SG thrasher
HA!

HAHA! i'm gonna take it to radioshack (where i bought the cable) to see what's wrong
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Aug 4, 2007,
How else do you expect to get it out? Push the button and pull on it, then just pull on the other one. They'll come out eventually. If it breaks, call the company and tell them, and they better give you a new one.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
How else do you expect to get it out? Push the button...

read what i posted before...there's no button
My GNX2 has a metal tab that says "push". You have to push it to remove the connector. If you don't have this tab then perhaps it's broke off. Look at the mic input at the top of the socket. Can you see any chrome metal? The black plastic ring of the socket has a gap about 15 degrees centered on the top. This is where the chrome tab is. If you see the gap in the socket but not the chrome then somethings messed up on your socket.

If it's the end that looks like that, just pull it out. It has no locking mechanism, it is kept in by friction.
MrPillow's post is incorrect. The pictured connector has an indentation inside the shell that can't be seen in that photo. What determines if the connector is locked is whether or not the socket has a locking mechanism.