Marshall JCM800 Head with 2 marshall cabs, which would be a full stack, what would you compare the heaviest settings to? Does it have a lot of crunch? My mom's boyfriend has one, and will more than likely let me use it, I just want to know what to expect.
Let's put it this way;

Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King use Marshall JCM's.

And Marshall's are the amp's for crunchy tone. There is nothing on earth like Marshall crunch.
Quote by Matt Chavie
Marshall JCM800 Head with 2 marshall cabs, which would be a full stack, what would you compare the heaviest settings to? Does it have a lot of crunch? My mom's boyfriend has one, and will more than likely let me use it, I just want to know what to expect.

Does it have a lot of crunch??? It has a bit of crunch...like the Pacific Ocean has a bit of water!!
Watch out though. That thing will be LOUD when it's crunchy. Probably make your arm hairs move.
Have fun!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
A full JCM800 stack is hmm... yummy. I love mine.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by Serendipity

Ya gonna need 'em.

I dont need 'em.

At least, usually. I run on a weber attenuator, so I can crank the bitch at band-practice volumes. (It's a tad modified by yours truly, more control over the attenuation level)

But for gigs? Never. I like to have "the echoes of the amplifier ringing in your head..." (Cheers to anyone who know where this citation comes from!)
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

^ You're not going to have any echoes in your head if you don't protect your ears. Your hearing starts to die from the moment you're born anyway, so it's wise not to speed it up!
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
^ You're not going to have any echoes in your head if you don't protect your ears. Your hearing starts to die from the moment you're born anyway, so it's wise not to speed it up!

I've been killing it for the last 20 or so years using various amps and guitars, and well... I'm not deaf yet!

EDIT: A 100-watt tube amp is not all THAT powerful as many think. When you are playing in the open... well, it shows.

EDIT2: I remember a gig for which me and my friend were supplied with a wall of Marshalls... now, that WAS loud.

EDIT3: ^ I remember loads of unwanted feedback during that gig... The goddamned ****s squealed like no tommorow. Eventually, i got fed up and thrashed my Solotist with anger... The only guitar I've ever thrashed.
Quote by bakk
Hi,

Last edited by binjajer at Aug 4, 2007,
Quote by binjajer
I dont need 'em.

At least, usually. I run on a weber attenuator, so I can crank the bitch at band-practice volumes. (It's a tad modified by yours truly, more control over the attenuation level)

But for gigs? Never. I like to have "the echoes of the amplifier ringing in your head..." (Cheers to anyone who know where this citation comes from!)

Is that from Turn the Page?
Quote by Pacifica112J
Is that from Turn the Page?

Bing, bing, bing!

A winrar is you!

EDIT: Dammit, wrong pic. Here be the correct one:
Quote by bakk
Hi,

Quote by binjajer
I've been killing it for the last 20 or so years using various amps and guitars, and well... I'm not deaf yet!

EDIT: A 100-watt tube amp is not all THAT powerful as many think. When you are playing in the open... well, it shows.

EDIT2: I remember a gig for which me and my friend were supplied with a wall of Marshalls... now, that WAS loud.

EDIT3: ^ I remember loads of unwanted feedback during that gig... The goddamned ****s squealed like no tommorow. Eventually, i got fed up and thrashed my Solotist with anger... The only guitar I've ever thrashed.

You must be superhuman, my hearing's rubbish and I'm 17
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Sometimes I get my 4chan images mixed up.

Anyway, the JCM800 is the ONLY part of my gear that survived my recent gear-makeover.

And this means something.

EDIT: Timi: It highly depends on the person... I know many people who really lost their hearing because of such stuff. Mainly drummers, though.
Quote by bakk
Hi,

Ah, you will be in for a surprise! This is THE metal amp of the 80's. I used to have the combo version and it was loud as hell. Anyway, to get a good heavy metal tone (close to Slayer although they used an EQ and stuff like that), try turning everything all the way up, except for the master volume (ears!) and the middle (use a low setting for this).