Hey guys. So I got this new band together and we have 3 shows coming up soon. The only problem is our bassist dosnt own a bass amp. At practice the other day we took this 40 watt solid state yamaha guitar amp. We unplugged the speaker in the amp from the speaker out input (Because the bass would obviously damage the speaker in the amp) and plugged it into a peavey p.a. speaker very similar to this one: http://www.birdlandmusic.net/product_image.php?imageid=35 . It actuall sounded really good but I'm wondering if this is going to damge the guitar amp even though were not suing tis speaker. I'm also concerned about breaking the p.a. speaker. What do you think?
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
PA speakers are designed to handle everything from bass drums to dog whistles, you'll be fine.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
No, you won't damage the amp itself. However, guitar amps' EQ's really aren't quite suited for the frequencies of a bass guitar. For example, the Bass knob on a guitar amp might be around 150-250Hz, which is way too high for a bass amp's bass knob. If you get an EQ pedal or an active bass, it should be alright.

Oh, and 40W bass amps compete with 10-15W guitar amps. Sorry.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Cool, sounds good. Thanks for the input you guys
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com