Okay, so I have yet to hear bad things about Tokai guitars. Are they as good as people say they are?

Anyways. Today, I went down to the music store, they had a Les Paul there. Looked very odd. Apparently it's a Tokai. The top is a natural finish, the back of the body and neck are painted a darkish brown. The headstock has been sanded down, and a gibson logo has been put on. Not sure if it's painted, or of it's a sticker. It was used, but it's in perfect condition, as the previous owner redid the finish and everything himself before trading it in. Used to be a Goldtop. Not sure about the pickups, but they sounded pretty good. They're asking for $270 for this guitar, Canadian dollars. Is this a good price for a Tokai Les Paul?

Considering buying.
Is it Japanese made?

Japan is like the Switzerland of Asia (known for quality ,precision , and reliability)
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Quote by Alex The Red
Is it Japanese made?

Japan is like the Switzerland of Asia (known for quality ,precision , and reliability)

I believe all Tokais are made in Japan.
Quote by SgtBeavis
According to Wikipedia, they also make them in South Korea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%8Dkai_Gakki

Oh.

Not sure where it was made, but the quality seemed pretty good, so I'm guessing Japan.

Mainly just wanting to know if it's a good guitar that's gonna last me a long while, and if the price (270 Canadian, about 250 American) is a good one.
I heard Tokai makes them just as good as the original ones. I wouldn't know though...I'd say get it and take it back if you don't like it.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Even the Korean and Chinese models are worth that price tag mate. Have a blast on it and see what you think. THey're great guitars.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
if it has a gibson logo, buy it. Sue the store because they sold you a fake Gibson, and buy a real one.

Or buy it and love it forever
Tokai Les Pauls are known for their ultra-high quality.
Era Tokais could match those of any stock Gibson.

Take it while you have the chance.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by Niftynico146
if it has a gibson logo, buy it. Sue the store because they sold you a fake Gibson, and buy a real one.

Or buy it and love it forever

The sales person told me right away it's not a real gibson, so I couldn't really sue them, he made it obvious that it's a Tokai.

I'll probably buy it on Wednesday (next day the store's open, and my birthday) A guitar for 270 is cheap.