Page 1 of 5
i don't know much of anything about them, but the few songs i've heard by them sound pretty good. why does no one in the punk forum like them?
What I can't stand is that they don't have their own sound. They rip off every other street punk/oi! band that came before them.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Their music is bland and terrible and those of us who have met them personally can attest to them being bad people. That whole scene of music has nothing to do with punk rock for me.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
People here just love to be haters and try to tell funny jokes about bands that they actually listen to.
Accusing me of listening to the casualties = serious disrespekt yo.
Well, I hate The Casualties because they sound awful and sing (very poorly I might add) about "upping da punx."
Quote by CHEAPSEX
People here just love to be haters and try to tell funny jokes about bands that they actually listen to.

Stupid haters.
peace & chemicals
I like The Casualties, but I can't listen to them for extended periods of time.
NOTICE: I usually accept bribes, mostly in the form of money or alcohol. You CAN use this to your advantage if you CAN get me a bottle of rum.
because they sell scarves at their merch booth for $20 that say 'casualties army- up the punx!' I may or may not have bought one of these many years ago...I thought they were real punk, then I learned, hung up my studded jacket, put on a plain t-shirt, and just plain rocked out instead of caring about image. imagine that!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
The lyrics and vocals are awful. In addition, the way their dumber fans tend to ramble on about how The Casualties are the last true punk band in the world and the most punk band ever and other such bull makes me want to take a lead pipe to the face of everyone within 30 feet of me.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
I think you´ll get bored of this any day....but I think (once more) it has something to do with where you´re from, because in America they are more famous as for example in Germany, so your attitude as a punk is different, because here just punks know them, but they have no chance to be the only punk band and furthermore there are no fun-punks who listen to them and feel hard, casue they don´t know them....

I don´t hate them....they´re ok....but I never spend much time to investigate their music and I just have 4 songs I think
The Casualties are bland, embarrassing, unintelligent, unintelligible, idiotic, trendy, threatless, an abomination to punk in general. They are the ultimate stereotypical punk band and the only thing they do is represent what the media thought punk was about back in the 70s.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Well, I hate The Casualties because they sound awful and sing (very poorly I might add) about "upping da punx."

They do "up da punx" *makes punx face*

They try way too hard to be punk and seem more interested in fashion than music.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Okay, yeah now I see how they're more concerned with looking the part. I still kinda like their music though, so what are some similar sounding street punk bands that aren't a bunch of assholes?
Has anyone taken into consideration english is a second language to their vocalist/song writer? Their lyrics aren't going to be exactly that great. Either would anyone of your lyrics in a second language.

The Casualties don't mind everyone here hating them and trying to give them a bad name. Anyone here who knows the Casualties knows that the whole message of the band is unity within the punk scene not hatred and bashing which everyone on this forum thinks is right.

Listening to punk why would you make fun of other punks? Why bring down your own community.

They aren't one of my favorite bands whatsoever but I do know Jorge isn't perfect at English because he speaks Spanish and is Ecuadorian. And their whole message is to unite the punk scene. How is that lame?

And why did someone knock them for the song Punk Rock Love? Is that bad too that they are a street punk band not afraid to put emotion and heartbreak into their music. Get over yourself.
i think their ok. but i like there bassist

theyre pretty unorigional though
?
Quote by CHEAPSEX
Has anyone taken into consideration english is a second language to their vocalist/song writer? Their lyrics aren't going to be exactly that great. Either would anyone of your lyrics in a second language.

The Casualties don't mind everyone here hating them and trying to give them a bad name. Anyone here who knows the Casualties knows that the whole message of the band is unity within the punk scene not hatred and bashing which everyone on this forum thinks is right.

Listening to punk why would you make fun of other punks? Why bring down your own community.

They aren't one of my favorite bands whatsoever but I do know Jorge isn't perfect at English because he speaks Spanish and is Ecuadorian. And their whole message is to unite the punk scene. How is that lame?

And why did someone knock them for the song Punk Rock Love? Is that bad too that they are a street punk band not afraid to put emotion and heartbreak into their music. Get over yourself.

Two points:

A) They’re Ecuadorian. Ok so why are they writing lyrics in English if obviously they haven’t fully mastered the language? It makes no sense. Now I don’t see anything wrong with you writing lyrics in English if you’ve grasped it, but so many non-Anglophonic artists have butchered the language and their own lyrics by attempting to write songs in a language they don’t fully understand, it’s not even funny anymore. Okay, yes, Engrish is hilarious, but aside from that broken English is helping neither the musicians nor the audience. If you’re not gonna make sense to us, you might as well do it in your mother tongue instead of some barely recognizable form of English.

B) since when does ‘unity of the scene’ mean not having an opinion? If people here don’t like the Casualties, so what? It just means that some people who are into punk don’t like them, that’s all. It doesn’t mean there is a massive rift in the punk subculture and the scene is at stake blah blah. Simple disagreement, no more, no less.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by CHEAPSEX

Punk is about objectivity and skepticism. To not question is to have blind faith.
Quote by RockThe40oz
Every time I think of casualties, I sing to myself:

"GAVE YOU LOVE
GAVE YOU HEART
WHY YOU GAVE ME BROKEN HEART!

BROKEN HEART!
I WANT IT BACK!
BROKEN HEART!
I GOT IT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"

haha, that song sounds just like old blink-182, only with a singer who's yelling rather than singing with an annoying whiny voice. thankfully none of their other stuff i've heard is like that.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Two points:

A) They’re Ecuadorian. Ok so why are they writing lyrics in English if obviously they haven’t fully mastered the language? It makes no sense. Now I don’t see anything wrong with you writing lyrics in English if you’ve grasped it, but so many non-Anglophonic artists have butchered the language and their own lyrics by attempting to write songs in a language they don’t fully understand, it’s not even funny anymore. Okay, yes, Engrish is hilarious, but aside from that broken English is helping neither the musicians nor the audience. If you’re not gonna make sense to us, you might as well do it in your mother tongue instead of some barely recognizable form of English.

B) since when does ‘unity of the scene’ mean not having an opinion? If people here don’t like the Casualties, so what? It just means that some people who are into punk don’t like them, that’s all. It doesn’t mean there is a massive rift in the punk subculture and the scene is at stake blah blah. Simple disagreement, no more, no less.

A] You don't need a degree to write songs. ESPECIALLY PUNK MUSIC. When you start thinking like you are to me you lose your heart in punk music. Maybe you have no scene or know kids who listen to a lot of punk but where I'm from lyrics don't need to be graded from your university professors. And if it sounds shitty then fuck it even better thats punk music. You can't tell me you serious listen to punk music and shout out ' God damn that wasn't a complete sentence! This singer OBVIOUUUSLY didn't master the english language.

B] You can dislike any punk band you want I don't listen to a lot of punk bands for several reasons. And I do understand some of the stuff people knock the Casualties for. However at least on the internet like here on ultimate-guitar there is a thread started every week with posts flooooooding in hating on bands. That particular stuff tears down punks and the scene itself. I don't like a lot of bands but you don't see me starting a thread every week called ' I HATE HENRY ROLLINS WHOS WITH ME! YAAA!!! ' and hoping people follow and we'll discuss our hatred. Who cares.

How do you knock Punk Rock Love? Like I said a modern day street punk band isn't afraid to write emotion and heartbreak into their songs and thats lame? Grow up maybe.
Well I enjoy their music and thats all i really care about is how they sound I dont really give a **** if they are fashion punx or not.
i like the music, yes they ripped off every street and oi! punk band before them, and yes they care too much about their image but die hards is a sick album one of my favorites. flame me or agree but i see both sides of this arguement
Quote by CHEAPSEX

I wrote a lot of english songs....it´s second language for me
They're the definition of suck...no substance at all

Not just the lame music, but the retardedly overdone "punx fashion". It's like they're in costume.

And a real punk band wouldn't have to mention their "punxitude" in every friggin song.
i dont listen to bands that spend more time on their hair than their music.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
A] You don't need a degree to write songs. ESPECIALLY PUNK MUSIC. When you start thinking like you are to me you lose your heart in punk music. Maybe you have no scene or know kids who listen to a lot of punk but where I'm from lyrics don't need to be graded from your university professors. And if it sounds shitty then fuck it even better thats punk music. You can't tell me you serious listen to punk music and shout out ' God damn that wasn't a complete sentence! This singer OBVIOUUUSLY didn't master the english language.

B] You can dislike any punk band you want I don't listen to a lot of punk bands for several reasons. And I do understand some of the stuff people knock the Casualties for. However at least on the internet like here on ultimate-guitar there is a thread started every week with posts flooooooding in hating on bands. That particular stuff tears down punks and the scene itself. I don't like a lot of bands but you don't see me starting a thread every week called ' I HATE HENRY ROLLINS WHOS WITH ME! YAAA!!! ' and hoping people follow and we'll discuss our hatred. Who cares.

How do you knock Punk Rock Love? Like I said a modern day street punk band isn't afraid to write emotion and heartbreak into their songs and thats lame? Grow up maybe.

I never said punk lyrics were supposed to be graded by university professors. I just foolishly thought that expressing yourself was an integral part of punk, and that putting your views across would work better in a language you are familiar and comfortable with than forcing it into the international language of pop.

Secondly I’ve never understood the whole point of being part of a scene. I’ve never been part of one and I don’t see why either. If I like the music, I support the music. I don’t feel the need to support the social club (with all its trappings and duties) that a subculture is. Unity of the punks means all punks together, as one – does that mean that the left-wingers are going to have to co-exist with the Neonazi elements of punk? Would you really want to do that? Punk is about individualism, standing up for what you believe in, not conforming to whatever works best for the scene.

You want to know what happens when people dedicate themselves to the scene? Look at how screwed the modern Goth/industrial scene is. The same old people going to the same old clubs listening to the same old club hits, trapped in their social conventions and social commitments. Is this how you want to end up?

Oh, and I don’t think people are criticizing Punk Rock Love for having emotions and heartache in it, but rather that the song lyrics sound like they were written by a five-year-old.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
exploited, the virus, chaos uk, blanks 77, varukers, ect. dress punk, do you guys hate them as well?

I like them. I dont see whats so wrong with them. people care WAY to much about what other people do. if they want to look punked out, who the **** cares? i dont see what concern that is to you and everyone else in the world, when i would bet some of the people on this forum trashing them probably look about the same.

i can understand not likeing the music, thats a personal opinion, but people making fun of who they want to be? that shouldnt be somthing you worry about. i listen to punk for the music, if i didnt like a band all because they dressed punk, then i wouldnt like the bands i named above.

saying you dont like a band because they dress too punk, is just as bad as saying you dont like DK because they didnt dress punk enough.
Not exclusively, but there was "they care more about "fashion" and their "scene" in plenty of posts. i just dont understand why people care enough about that, especially when other bands do it as well. casualties just followed in their footsteps. yeah they are over the top, im not gonna deny that, but they arnt alone.
Quote by GrungieMungie
Not exclusively, but there was "they care more about "fashion" and their "scene" in plenty of posts. i just dont understand why people care enough about that, especially when other bands do it as well. casualties just followed in their footsteps. yeah they are over the top, im not gonna deny that, but they arnt alone.

Sure, you can do that, but when that's all you've got going for you and a million hot topic shoppers love you for it, people who really know a thing or two about punk are going to hate you immensely
Page 1 of 5