When my amps volume is turned to at least halfway up it makes a static/buzzing noise when I play notes on the lower strings. Its quiet, but loud enough to be clearly heard and annoying. Is somthing wrong with the amp? Is there a way to tell if its the tubes, speaker, or wiring?? The problem just started this week. The amps tone and loudness remains unchanged.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Have you changed the guitar lead or even guitar?
Other Bands Play...
Manowar Kill!
I only have one other lead thats 5' and my other guitar is cheap but Ill experiment with them anyway. There is no reverb, its a champion 600.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by SCnutty
loose reverb spring might be the culprit.. i have the same problem

Can that be fixed easily as I think I have the same thing in a new 15w practice amp. Any movement of the amp and it makes a sound like a rattling spring.

(It was a cheap amp and it would cost me nearly as much to take it in for warranty repair as it would to buy another one.)
There was a recall on some (not all) of the Fender Champion 600's. My memory is not clear but I think that's how some players on another forum described this problem. If you don't clear it up yourself this might be worth checking on.
^pretty sure that was for a rattling or something...I'm not positive, but mine doesn't do anything weird, unless I have the bridge pickup, with active boost on, it gets nasty.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite