Page 1 of 2
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25817098

Anyone else think thats total bull****e?

"including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the killing of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young...fearing, hating, and destroying Black people."

I swear she is more racist than this game ever could be.
If they were white it would be all cool. I just wish idiots like that would get past the racial barrier itself (aka get their head out of their ass). O noes he killed a black guy so he must be racist even though I just established the black man as somebody as from a different race and now I am a racist because I think only white guys kill black guys O NOES.
i have no problem with racism (flaming will soon come) because thats the person's own business and to hate them for being racist is equally prejudice. but seriously, keep that **** to yourself. a game with racist depiction is uncalled for.

but as others mentioned, i dont think this game is racist. it IS in africa and killing black people doesnt make the guy a racist. if a zombie was attacking you no matter what color, you'd blow his face off
Last edited by Chubster98 at Aug 4, 2007,
"It's not just that these zombies are black, but that the uninfected black villagers are zombie-like too," Ruberg wrote. "See all those spooky shots of the villagers before they get infected? It's as if race itself were a disease. The white protagonist has to fight back or be infected."

Stupidest bunch of bull **** i've ever heard.
Chris Redfield Of The Resident Evil Club
They're just looking for reasons to complain in my opinion. I mean, how many games are out there that you kill hundreds of white people? No one gives a damn. But when a black guy gets shot, everyone thinks it's racist.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by *Juno*
ive only skim read it but...

its a game set in africa...you expect it to be mixed race ?

You can play everones old favorite game, SPOT THE WHITE MAN.
So wait, in Resident Evil 4, the protagonist is killing all white zombies in Europe right? No one found that troubling, especially even if the protagonist was a black man. But because the protagonist in Resident Evil 5 is white, and is killing Black zombies in Africa, thats suddenly racist? Whats the difference between a white man killing white zombies and a white man killing black zombies? It has nothing to do with race. Zombies are evil, its fun to kill them. Why would it even matter what race they are? Trying to make something out of nothing, thats what this is.
Be cool.
Thats dumb.

A game set in africa, a country full of unedjucated, starving, poor people, who happen to be black, is racist because they look poor, starving, and unedjucated? I think that someone needs their vag checked. She probably got an infection from all that fucking bullshit.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by thedude051
So wait, in Resident Evil 4, the protagonist is killing all white zombies in Europe right? No one found that troubling, especially even if the protagonist was a black man. But because the protagonist in Resident Evil 5 is white, and is killing Black zombies in Africa, thats suddenly racist? Whats the difference between a white man killing white zombies and a white man killing black zombies? It has nothing to do with race. Zombies are evil, its fun to kill them. Why would it even matter what race they are? Trying to make something out of nothing, thats what this is.

+1
Quote by System Overide
Wow...just wow.

The bonus is you get to kill jews! :O

To beat the game you have to kill the Jewish prime minister who is plotting to take over the world.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Yeah, its total bull****. I mean, all of the other Resi's had white zombies, and now that they try to switch it up to fit with the setting, its racist? I think not... Plus, its ****ing Resident Evil. Its not marketed to 10 year old little Timmy, for Christ's sake.
That woman is an idiot. If it were up to her, black people wouldn't be in the media.
Quote by thedude051

+2
Quote by ledhendrix711
do u guys know where i can get guitar tabs ive bin lookin every where on the internet..

Quote by Muphin
I take the strings off before I smash my guitars. I usually go through about 2 a week. It's mad fun.
This has already been posted to the pit.

Less flaming in this thread, though. Not sure why.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
If you found that racist then what bout Black Hawk Down???
A bunch of white American solders knocking down black Somalian with M4's and all sorts of other weapons...
I guess thats Uber racist!! They wern't even zombies!!!

I guess sometimes people need to realize its only a ****ing game!!!! and stop making a big fuss out of issues that they stir up from nothing!

If it was a Nazi or KKK preaching game, then get it on world news, i'll be all against the game....
But this one is just a stupid game!!!
Quote by af_the_fragile
If you found that racist then what bout Black Hawk Down???
A bunch of white American solders knocking down black Somalian with M4's and all sorts of other weapons...
I guess thats Uber racist!! They wern't even zombies!!!

I guess sometimes people need to realize its only a ****ing game!!!! and stop making a big fuss out of issues that they stir up from nothing!

If it was a Nazi or KKK preaching game, then get it on world news, i'll be all against the game....
But this one is just a stupid game!!!

I remember that game, yea no one cared i was pretty young at the time and me and my mates used to jsut shoot the black people for fun, and were not rasicist it was just becaause they threw rocks at us.
Also, I would like to add. I think many people look for racism in everything. Even if it wasn't there to begin with, they'll find an excuse and say that person purposefully did it to be racist. IMO, I think there would be a lot less racism if people stopped picking at these tiny, unimportant things in society and getting on with their lives. Nit picking these little things reminds us that there is racism in society, and reminds people that we are different etc. etc. If there was no more picking at these little issues, we would forget about our differences and maybe see each other as people, rather than always seeing someone by what colour they are. /Rant
Be cool.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
My friend pointed this game out to me while we were studying Nazism at school.

http://www.resistance.com/ethniccleansing/catalog.htm

This is an ACTUAL racist game.

The the single most ****ed up thing i've seen all week!!!!
Reading the reviews for the game was more depressing... There were people supporting that game...!!

"...I believe this game is going to be extremely popular -- and it will touch the hearts of thousands of White people because it's not intellectual -- it's entertainment, and that's why it delivers a very powerful message. Every young elementary school kid who plays this game will have visions of killing Ariel Sharon while sitting in class! When their history teacher asks the class if they've ever heard of Israel or Ariel Sharon, the White kids certainly will have!"
"...If there isn't already one being planned, I wouldn't be surprised if an "Ethnic Cleansing Fan Club" starts up on the internet. Many players can compare notes and strategies in one of these clubs. I wonder if there is a special combination of keys that when pressed, gives the player supernatural powers?"

!!!
whoever wrote that should be shot immediately!!! along with the developers of that game...!
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Aug 4, 2007,
Quote by Chubster98
i have no problem with racism (flaming will soon come) because thats the person's own business and to hate them for being racist is equally prejudice. but seriously, keep that **** to yourself. a game with racist depiction is uncalled for.

Just because you said it would happen doesnt mean i am not going to.

Ahem. Hating someone because of the tone of thier skin, is a lot of different from hating someone for that very reason. It's justified.

What a dumbass bitch, putting white people in African villages, would surley be more racist.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by thedude051
Also, I would like to add. I think many people look for racism in everything. Even if it wasn't there to begin with, they'll find an excuse and say that person purposefully did it to be racist. IMO, I think there would be a lot less racism if people stopped picking at these tiny, unimportant things in society and getting on with their lives. Nit picking these little things reminds us that there is racism in society, and reminds people that we are different etc. etc. If there was no more picking at these little issues, we would forget about our differences and maybe see each other as people, rather than always seeing someone by what colour they are. /Rant

+1
That is one of the wisest comment in this thread...
pretty bad you got banned after saying something that wise....

And Black Hawk Down was a pretty cool game. I had it and i really enjoyed playing it. Knocking the civilians was fun too... Just for the hell of it cuz you could do it and it was only a game!!
I never for thought thought "oh! i'm killing poor black people here!!!! i must be really racist!"
No, it was only a game, i played it like a game completing objectives!! It made no difference to me when i was killing the black somalian dudes in the game or the white american soldiers in the multiplayer mode. To me they were just the enemies i had to kill... Though killing soldiers in multiplayer mode is much more tougher than killing the dudes in the missions in the game...
Quote by Chubster98

Say you have a girlfriend who happens to be black and a guy walks up to her and call her a ****** in front of you. What would you do? Just stand there and think, "Hey, that his business if he thinks all black people are backward monkeys that need to be lynched."?
Complete Bull****.

I knew someone was going to have a problem as soon as they saw a black zombie.

What's the difference between that and being in some backwoods full of white hillbillies?
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
thats a load of bull****, they makers of resident evil arn't racist, and even if they were, the viewers dont look at it that way, only these over analyzing assholes view it that way, not to mention im sure a large portion of the players of resident evil are black, and they probably dont view it that way, thats like them saying res 4 was racists against mexicans, even though it was set in spain, the people were still spanish, or some bull**** like that, i hate ppl like that, they need to grow a pair of balls
GTA anyone?

If the new Resident Evil is racist for killing black zombies, then GTA is racist for killing innocent white people.
"We need to find ways to humanize Africans, not dehumanize them."

What the FUCK!?

That was the most racist thing in that whole article, seriously what the hell!?
Quote by AceOfBlades
What the FUCK!?

Wow.Just wow.
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
The funny stuff, is that if there WEREN'T black people, they would be saying "it's in africa! Why there aren't black people?"
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by AceOfBlades
What the FUCK!?

I just noticed that.

...this is more awkward than that time i had diaheroea in a public toilet.
Yeah, what a crock. That lady can go drink bleach.

The zombies in 4 were 100% white, and nobody bitched and moaned. Somebody should cap this lady in the head, instead of a zombie.
Quote by Paroxysm
Say you have a girlfriend who happens to be black and a guy walks up to her and call her a ****** in front of you. What would you do? Just stand there and think, "Hey, that his business if he thinks all black people are backward monkeys that need to be lynched."?

you misinterpreted what i said. i dont care if ppl are racist, but they should keep it to themselves. if someone were to do that, i would sock him in the face for being an ass and being dreadfully rude. im not racist, but it exists and always will, so ive learned to accept it and frankly, just ignore it; unless it affects me personally.

and to the other guy that quoted me, racism isnt always simply because of there skin tone. maybe some ppl of that particular race have done something to someone to cause them to hate that race, simply because of there actions. so hating a racist in this case is no more justified than hating racist people.
ive had to endure countless games of white people being killed and i never complained. if the setting is africa it would be logical to think there would be black people.
This lady REALLY needs to get her head out of her ass. What, we should ban third world countries from video games because it, "dehumanizes" the citizens? Should we make the protagonist black to avoid having white on black crime? Move the game to eastern Europe or change the blacks to Caucasians to stop the game from, "promoting hate" to Black people? In RE4, Spanish people were, "dehumanized" And killed by a white guy, yet nobody cared. This lady saw basically a half minute trailer, and already assumes the game is a racist piece of crap? She probably saw nothing but: white man with gun killing black zombies.....RACISM I TELLS YA!!! In RE4 you killed Spanish people, and Leon didn't just go around screaming, "DIE BEANER!" He killed them to live, and had a Spanish friend. Who's to say Chris isn't the same? He could have TONS of un-zombified black friends.
Last edited by Chickenparts at Aug 5, 2007,
Quote by Chubster98

and to the other guy that quoted me, racism isnt always simply because of there skin tone. maybe some ppl of that particular race have done something to someone to cause them to hate that race, simply because of there actions. so hating a racist in this case is no more justified than hating racist people.

Yes hating someone for stereotyping a whole race over a small minority is silly, and justifiable to hate on.

Once again, racism= wrong, hating racists= not wrong.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Page 1 of 2