Ok so i've been playin guitar for about 7 months or so and i think i am pretty good but i wanted to know if im doing good for the amount of time ive been playing

i can play these songs (all by ac/dc)

If You Want Blood You've Got It
Shot Down In Flames
You Shook Me All Night Long
Back In Black
Hell's Bells
Highway To Hell
TNT
Big Balls
Most of Let There Be Rock (couldnt find last solo)
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (solo is a bit slower but good enough)

And im currently learning Shoot To Thrill
Also i can play a few random riffs from random songs

Note- I can play most songs note for note or ill improvise and make it sound good

So plz tell me if im doing good or not...be honest but nice

Thnks
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")....just cuz

Old Man Jenkins of The Jellyfishing Club. PM darkstar2466 to join
One thing is that you can somewhat play them, and other one is that you can play them cleanly and note by note but, anyways it shouldn´t matter if your good or if you weren´t the important thing is that you enjoy it.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
You can't really judge someones talent by the songs they can cover. Thats not how you measure someones ability.
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
I've been playing for seven months, and am around you're level of playing. I consider myself an average player, so its not bad. But I can also improvise etc. You never mentioned that in your post.
Be cool.
Quote by Mexican Militia
You can't really judge someones talent by the songs they can cover. Thats not how you measure someones ability.

well now im curious...how do u?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")....just cuz

Post Videos, then we'll judge.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by thedude051
But I can also improvise etc. You never mentioned that in your post.

yea i did...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")....just cuz

We have to hear how you play these songs to truly be able to judge you
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
ok ill try and do so this weekend
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")....just cuz

yeah ability is measured by your versatility, originality, and most importantly how much u enjoy playing...so dont worry about how good u are for the amount of time u have been playing...just put in as much time as possible and push yourself....then b4 u know it you'll be great...
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
Quote by RiffRaf
well now im curious...how do u?

If you can make your own music and enjoy it, instead of copying others and making other people think that you're good, just because you can play songs they recognize. If you can sit down with a guitar and play for half an hour or an hour or maybe even 5 minutes, and you can play something that you thoroughly enjoy (that isn't someone else's, please) then you can call yourself good. Who cares what other people thing.

(I understand that in order to learn you have to learn songs that you enjoy listening too, but there comes a time in every guitarists life that they must evolve and create their own beauties.)
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
yea i see dudes i love platying guitar, sometimes i play TO much...i even made a poem bout rocking once
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")....just cuz

Quote by Mexican Militia

Exactly. Guitar isn't something you master in a year, or several years for that matter. Its a lifelong continually learning process. If you try to judge someones guitar playing just by the songs they cover then it really isn't fair or accurate. For instance, if I were to play alternative rock like green day or something it would just be a bunch of power chords over and over again. People would think that I just can't play fast, improvise well, sweep, finger tap, etc just because I enjoy playing that kind of repetitive music. In reality I could be a blazing fast guitarist who just likes alternative music. My point is we cant and shouldn't judge you based on the songs you can play. Theres more to guitar than just covering other peoples stuff. But I guess you're just asking to have a point of reference compared to other guitarist? Well compared to me, you probably are better than I was at 7 months, but then again I was self taught and didn't spend a whole lotta time with it the first few months. So good job, keep it up, and try not to worry how you compare to everyone: the music is about how YOU feel.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

Might wanna learn something other than Angus Young riffs.

For instance, if you can play "Video Games', then you've truly arrived.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Its really a void question dude.

E.g. i consider a good guitarist to be one that knows a decent amount of theory and can pick things up fast etc etc not by the songs he plays.

Although if Steve Vai came up to me and played a Kiss song i'd look him straight in the eye and kick him in the sack. Fuck Kiss.
^No you wouldn't , you wouldn't have the balls to .
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
fuck no man your terrible I can play those songs with my nuts.

OK I cant but it would be cool though

and to answer your question seriously I consider someone to be good at guitar whenever they know a good amount of theory and can just Improvise for a good while and have fun while doing it. Its not about what songs you know dude It's about how you play them how much feeling you can put into the song while playing it, and how good your tone is.
My Gear
Ltd Alexi-600 with a Seymour Duncan Blackout!
Jackson Dinky
Dean DBDT ML
Epiphone Sg
Crate 15 Watt amp

X-Brawn of the Mighty Autobots PM Kankuro to Join
I wish people wouldn't make threads asking for affirmation.

Enjoy it.**** what other people think.
I play guitar. So I joined a club about it.

Quote by copet
Why has Kirk Hammett not been in G3? Figure Joe has invited him but he is too busy with Metallica?

Quote by JustinMalvo
I wish people wouldn't make threads asking for affirmation.

Enjoy it.**** what other people think.

+1 just enjoy it dude!
My Gear
Ltd Alexi-600 with a Seymour Duncan Blackout!
Jackson Dinky
Dean DBDT ML
Epiphone Sg
Crate 15 Watt amp

X-Brawn of the Mighty Autobots PM Kankuro to Join
Quote by RiffRaf
yea i see dudes i love platying guitar, sometimes i play TO much...i even made a poem bout rocking once

learn your username's song, then get away from ac/dc, it's time for you to move on

My mind is going. I can feel it.