Okay, so here is my dilemna. I have 3 stereo speakers, one at 45W and the other two at 40W. They are all 8 ohms. I have hooked up one to my brand new Epi VJ head, and it works great, but my question is, How would I hook up all 3?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
You can hook two in series to the 16ohm output, or 2 in parallel to the 4 ohm output. Any configuration of three would not have the correct load. But you could try putting 3 in series on the 16 ohm or 3 in parallel on the 4 ohm and see if nothing breaks.
Quote by fly135
You can hook two in series to the 16ohm output, or 2 in parallel to the 4 ohm output. Any configuration of three would not have the correct load. But you could try putting 3 in series on the 16 ohm or 3 in parallel on the 4 ohm and see if nothing breaks.

Could I hook up 1 into the 8, than 2 more in one of the other? And, what does parallel and series mean? I'm a noob to heads, I just got my first today
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

^ D'you think you could do two in parallel on the sixteen ohm, then the last one on the eight ohm? Would that work?

EDIT: Bugger. Beat to it.

^ Parallel means that they're both hooked up the to the + and - individually. Series means one speaker's + goes to the +, then it's - goes to the next one's +, then the last one's - to the -.
Quote by cokeisbetter
^ D'you think you could do two in parallel on the sixteen ohm, then the last one on the eight ohm? Would that work?

EDIT: Bugger. Beat to it.

^ Parallel means that they're both hooked up the to the + and - individually. Series means one speaker's + goes to the +, then it's - goes to the next one's +, then the last one's - to the -.

Pictures or schematics? I'm confused. I'm using stereo speakers mind you, not real guitar cabs.

NoobEDIT: I think I get it now. I need to buy a 2 output adapter thing and plug it into the 4 ohm output. Then, I buy 2 more 1/8" to speaker adapters and plug those into the speakers. Correct?
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Last edited by CORT noob at Aug 4, 2007,