Tell you the truth, I wasn't too impressed overall with her playing. A lot of it seemed very off time and beat.

While she did do some pretty technical playing, I don't see her becoming considered a bass "legend" like Jaco, Wooten, Clarke, etc... Unless she improves a lot more.
Quote by elemenohpee
Tell you the truth, I wasn't too impressed overall with her playing. A lot of it seemed very off time and beat.

While she did do some pretty technical playing, I don't see her becoming considered a bass "legend" like Jaco, Wooten, Clarke, etc... Unless she improves a lot more.

I thought the same about that particular video. Personally, I love her recordings and the video of "Cause We've Ended As Lovers" where she plays bass.
She's cute and she's a good player.

Next Jaco? Not a ****ing chance. Why? The next Jaco won't be using Jaco's tone. The next Jaco will be using the next Jaco's tone. Ya dig?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last I heard she had only been playing for about 3 years. Give the girl time. I've been preaching of her wonders for a while now, but no one listens to Bumper anymore.
Ok, Bumper and I say listen to her. I saw her about a year ago and she is amazing. She's played with some heavies including Chick Corea and Jeff Beck and has managed to hold her own. Her playing is fluid and effortless.

Check out her new CD, its worth a listen.
She's 22...And she picked up the bass at 17...She's doing very well...I hope im that god in two years
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
That was shocking. She can play a lot of notes, but she needs to work with the drummer. It just sounded like 2 people playing completely different songs for the most part
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
Quote by thefitz
She's cute and she's a good player.

Next Jaco? Not a ****ing chance. Why? The next Jaco won't be using Jaco's tone. The next Jaco will be using the next Jaco's tone. Ya dig?

Haha, I liked that. Well put.

She's a very good player, but I wouldn't say she's one of the greatest. However, she's very young, so time will tell.
I think she's an amazing natural player. I think people are mistaking her natural phrasing for going off time. It's very natural let's say in soul for the the vocalist to really play around with the timing of the phrasing. A lot of her phrasing is behind the beat, for that classic soul feel.

Also there's some weird bits (like 2:23), but if you count, it's not really going off time at all. The pulse is still present and dead on. They're just really messing with the rhythm of things, and I think it's great how that part after that, everything's really on edge and goes back into the main body of the tune.
Last edited by shut_up_you_*** at Nov 3, 2007,
Yeah shes very good for her age, and only will improve even more.

And hopefully Jeff will keep her, they flow together on stage.

And yes, id hit that.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Holy necropost batman

but i suppose good on you for using the search bar instead of starting again
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by Zycho
Really did not enjoy the vid. Sounded sloppy.

What sounded sloppy?
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
wow... she's pretty... how many good girl bassists can you find that look good too? i think she's great
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
wow... she's pretty... how many good girl bassists can you find that look good too? i think she's great

There's this one... She's from the Subways.

I'd plough that

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman

I'd plough that

WOW!!! Look at that SVT-4 Pro in the back!

But to go along with what fitzy said LAST YEAR, the next Jaco will have a unique way of playing, as well as tone.
Quote by Jonnomainman

I saw The Subways live at Reading last year. They have an amazing energy on stage, and she doesn't let the side down at all. She looks absolutely tiny when she's rocking out with her Laklands which look huge!
Quote by jimRH7
that drummer sounds lost.

Most probably because you don't have much experience of listening to jazz drummers.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by shut_up_you_***
She looks absolutely tiny when she's rocking out with her Laklands which look huge!

Gotta love girls with a big bass.

>_>
<_<

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I'm not sure about her. I mean she's amazing, especially if she's only been playing for 5 years or 6 or whatever it is now. But all I heard in that solo was recycling. It's just the same old stuff dredged up from lord knows, it seemed.
I dont know. I did not think she's even close to Wooten. Man she is not that good.
I got pretty much those chops and I've been playing for almost 4 years.

And I didnt like her low/bass tone. It was kind of muddy.
Her work with Chick Corea is pretty solid Bales and her solo CD is definitely worth a listen. Her music is not my listening cup of tea, but she's got some real talent.

And Jon, real woman play big ol' basses...none of this short scale stuff for us
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I'm not sure about her. I mean she's amazing, especially if she's only been playing for 5 years or 6 or whatever it is now. But all I heard in that solo was recycling. It's just the same old stuff dredged up from lord knows, it seemed.

Dude, y r u disin hr sklz, itz prty gd if u askd me n i wsh i cud ply lyk she duz mate.

Her skilz r mad init.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by KillEmAll
That was shocking. She can play a lot of notes, but she needs to work with the drummer. It just sounded like 2 people playing completely different songs for the most part

Give her a break, it seems like that drummer's being a real bastard to her, he's really unnecessarily chuckingin all these effed up timins to steal the light off her. yes a good bassist should be able to sit in the pocket of the drummer but theres a limit to that when your playing with guys like that
Supernecro?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..