http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT100-100W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-with-Tri-Mode-Rectifier?sku=481303

ive heard great stories from this amp (so far) i had a noob thread devoted to me last night and a bunch of people helped me find this for what i could afford.....theres a problem though

the half stack deal for the head and the b-52 cab together is 1000 dollars....i cant go that high. Ive read reviews about the amp with its default b-52 cab and they apparently kickass.

However i canot afford the b-52 cab. Does anyone know a cab cheaper than the B-52 AT-412 480W 4x12 but could still compliment the b-52at-100 head on a metal tone???

would be greatly appreciated
i feel like that other dude last night though.....i just dont know why but its like i cant accept a combo amp... i dont know what to say. does anyone know where a chepaer cab still is though?
ebay's can have some really really nice finds
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by gsr2k6
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT212-100Watt-2-x-12-Combo-Tube-Amp?sku=481309 Problem solved. You dont need the head, I didnt need the half stack. I will probly end up getting a 212 for it anyways and its alot cheaper this way.

Exactly.

You don't need the head, ever.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ok, go for the halfstack cus its totly supr louxd n pepz will thnk ur liek cool wif a big amp.

Srsly. I got the head and a cab because I wanted a half stack, and its just overkill. Yeah it might be cooler to have a half stack, but the combo will deafen you. You clearly have no idea of how loud 100 watts tube is.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Exactly.

I wouldn't say that.

MF can't ship certain amps to places like Alaska, Hawaii, Guam and other US territories, because USPS will not ship anything over 70 lbs. Therefore, the head makes it possible for those of us that live in those areas to get the amp. Also, I think it's a better choice to get the head, and a 2x12 cab. Way more portable than the 2x12 combo.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
ok say it is really loud ill probably end up getting the combo anyhow but what would actually be a cab good for the b-52 at-100 other then its default cab thats 400$ where there could be something for just 200$
Quote by Reincaster
I wouldn't say that.

MF can't ship certain amps to places like Alaska, Hawaii, Guam and other US territories, because USPS will not ship anything over 70 lbs. Therefore, the head makes it possible for those of us that live in those areas to get the amp. Also, I think it's a better choice to get the head, and a 2x12 cab. Way more portable than the 2x12 combo.

It is better to get the 212 combo than to get the head and a cheap cab that does not do it justice.
yea true its more portable and you can always change it up if something happens. plus just the idea of a half stack is sexy
just get the combo. although if you are really set on getting a half stack you might want to look into avatar cabs. i hear good them about them here although i have no personal experience with them
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Avatars are great cabs, but there 212 is over 300 and this guy wont settle for less than a half stack lol.

I thought maybe somebody could learn from my mistake, I guess he will have to learn it himself.
Dude, get that 212 and be happy. i tried it out again today at GC. That thing RIPS.

Please just forget about the halfstack. and go to used.guitarcenter.com, I found a 212 in ym area for $500.
Quote by ASGTrace
Dude, get that 212 and be happy. i tried it out again today at GC. That thing RIPS.

Please just forget about the halfstack. and go to used.guitarcenter.com, I found a 212 in ym area for $500.

Quote by gsr2k6
It is better to get the 212 combo than to get the head and a cheap cab that does not do it justice.

Did I say get a cheap cab? No. I wasn't talking about price either. I said it was more portable than the 2x12 combo if you had a cab and the head, it's also a better investment, IMO, should you grow tired of the AT series, you already have a cab for another head. Secondly, b-52's stock speakers are pretty bleh, and a v30 loaded (Avatar) or Eminence legend (Vader) would be more than enough quality.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by MatrixClaw
Exactly.

I agree, you can always use the line out of the heads to run into other cabinets to enhance your tone or add volume.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I agree, you can always use the line out of the heads to run into other cabinets to enhance your tone or add volume.

Line outs are for the board, they don't have the power to drive a cab. you're thinking of the extension speaker jacks.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
Did I say get a cheap cab? No. I wasn't talking about price either. I said it was more portable than the 2x12 combo if you had a cab and the head, it's also a better investment, IMO, should you grow tired of the AT series, you already have a cab for another head. Secondly, b-52's stock speakers are pretty bleh, and a v30 loaded (Avatar) or Eminence legend (Vader) would be more than enough quality.

Well we ARE talking about price seeing his budget is under a grand. He obviously is just concerned about getting a big halfstack so im sure he will end up with something less than the quality of the b52.
Quote by gsr2k6
Well we ARE talking about price seeing his budget is under a grand. He obviously is just concerned about getting a big halfstack so im sure he will end up with something less than the quality of the b52.

That's why I suggested the 2x12, not a 4x12. Used 2x12 will go for around 200-300. I picked one up for about $230 bucks, filled with eminence legends.

I'd be willing to save a few more bucks to get something of better quality. The b-52 ST 212 cab has vintage 30's and costs about as much as the AT 4x12, but sounds much better.

IMO, I think the AT series speakers don't match the amps at all.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

B52 cabs are pretty bad, i would have suggested looking somewhere else, i really dont like the head itself its a cheap recto clone that has a real thin sound, the guys who work at the west des moines guitar center bash b52 everytime i go in there, even our shop stopped carrying them, id look into used marshall, avatar, peavey cabs
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
B52 cabs are pretty bad, i would have suggested looking somewhere else, i really dont like the head itself its a cheap recto clone that has a real thin sound, the guys who work at the west des moines guitar center bash b52 everytime i go in there, even our shop stopped carrying them, id look into used marshall, avatar, peavey cabs

Sure, it sounds thin if you're expecting a recto sound. In my experience, it's not in the same sound range as the rectos. It seems everyone hears/reads "three rectifier modes" and they think: "Oooh! heavy metal, dark Mesa sag!" Vox AC amps have tube rectifiers but they don't sound anything like mesas.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

its voiced dark, and schematically pretty close to a recto, its just doesnt achieve a true recto tone, and i find theyre pretty cheaply made which is my big concern with them, the tone is ok its nothing special but it also doesnt sound like an mg
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
"Schematically close" is the key phrase. If you look at it as an amp of it's own, not a copy of a recto or any other amp, it's a decent amp, and at a good price. It's better than a vk, valve king, or pretty much any head in that price range (for higher gain amps), really.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

its pretty much laid out just like a recto, its intended to be a recto clone. and yes its a value, but your definetly taking a risk because to make an amp that price you have to pinch pennies somewhere, like i said the tones ok, it sounds alright, ive heard they sound better with better tubes and some changing out some other key components, but by the time you do that, you get into a completely different price range
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Depends, what "key" compnents are you talking about? tubes are tubes, you'd spend as much on a retube for the mesa as with the AT.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12