What kind of pedal is used for solos? I currently have a Supra Distortion pedal but am looking to get a few new things and already have a half-stack and guitar picked out and am looking for other stuff to buy for the band I am in. We are going to start recording soon and doing gigs, etc.

Thanks,
Adam
A whole lot. Guitarists will get loads of pedals on a board, and mix and match different settings and pedals for different sounds. There is no one specific pedal. But distortion is a good place to start. Try a wah pedal, or reverb, or chorus. Just expand and see what you can come up with.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
there's no specific pedal to use for a solo. some people use a tubescreamer, some an eq boost, some a menagerie of assorted pedals, some nothing. find what solo sound you like and just make sure it cuts through the mix.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
I'm looking to play hard rock/metal and that kind of stuff. I'm not all that good yet but am getting better. I can finally get the intro to Sweet Child O' Mine.. is that hard or easy? Lol.
Wrong forum bud. This should be in the guitar gear and accessories forum.

*reported*
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help