i was thinking about getting this bass, does anyone have? is it any good? just tell me what you think about it.
the answer is no.
I've only played the fretless version. It's a decent bass, and the only one of it's kind at that price. It's fretboard is made out of the same material as bowling balls, so you can use roundwounds on it without fear of damage. That's a major, major plus. It doesn't have the sound of real wood, but at a fraction of the price, it's hard to complain.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^^ did not know the bowling ball part O.o

they are okay basses they are "almost there" compared to a fender MiM jazz bass. i just wish MiM jazzes came standard with block inlayays like those squiers do. i would save up for a MiM Fender if you already have a squier.
but as a first bass you will start off better than most of us did. and if you have one of those really cheep wallmart basses and wanted a better one this is up there on the list of ones to get.

im considering buying the fretless version because i want a fretless but iwant it just to mess around with so im not going to shell out big bucks for one. (plus i like the jaco look)
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Last edited by Emergancy Exit at Aug 5, 2007,
My mate in another band has one and it sounds really good which (to me) is rare for a Squire.
Quote by thefitz
I've only played the fretless version. It's a decent bass, and the only one of it's kind at that price. It's fretboard is made out of the same material as bowling balls, so you can use roundwounds on it without fear of damage. That's a major, major plus. It doesn't have the sound of real wood, but at a fraction of the price, it's hard to complain.

I was in my local music shop a few days ago and they had one in so I thought I would give it another chance and try it out (this was the 3rd one I tried). It was horrible, and there was also a huge amount of wear on the fingerboard from the roundwound strings and where people had bent strings and done slides.

Threadstarter don't let that put you off the fretted version though because it is completely different, I highly recommend it, I thought it was a fantastic bass for the money.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I'd still get a used MiM Fender Jazz and defret it if you want a fretless or keep it as it is.. It's still cheaper than buying a new Vintage Modified Squier.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
if i got this one, it would be my second bass. i wanted to see if i'd like playing bass so i got the p-bass pack that came with a little 15 watt amp and all that crap. i just want a jazz bass because i think they sound better.
the answer is no.
Quote by indie-bassist
... where people had bent strings

What the hell is the point of bending on a fretless bass?

TS: I can vouch for the fretted version, damn fine beginner bass, but I haven't played the fretless.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Solid bass at a nice price. Upgrade the pick-ups and the bridge (and the tuning pegs and the nut down the road) and you have an awesome bass that can really hold it's own amongst most other Jazz's.
Quote by Caustic
What the hell is the point of bending on a fretless bass?

TS: I can vouch for the fretted version, damn fine beginner bass, but I haven't played the fretless.

So lazy people don't have to move their hand as much
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
A bend sounds slightly different to slide as well on fretless.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by the_hoople
Solid bass at a nice price. Upgrade the pick-ups and the bridge (and the tuning pegs and the nut down the road) and you have an awesome bass that can really hold it's own amongst most other Jazz's.

badass II + DiMarzio + Hipshot tuners = sexy beast