im lookin at some distortion pedals for a good kinda heavy metal tone, like pantera, lamb of god, sepultura, behemoth...im aimin for stuff like that, and im not goin after a real expensive pedal something in the range of a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal or a Digitech Metal Master...stuff like that but i wanted to know peoples opinions of them and comparisons and what not. all help is appreciated. thx
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
Please use the search button, or let alone go down in the forums.

Metal Muff
the Boss MT-2 is sick.
but i think the Metal Muff is the best metal pedal
Quote by Rory's_strat
Wise words my friend.

Quote by James_Water2
Who wants to sell a sold out show at MSG and insted u could be a POKEMON MASTER

http://www.youtube.com/v/Qm7EQa-cucI
WATCH^ HAHAH
um since this is a personal request the search button wouldnt do anything since im asking for a pedal for myself not a pedal that someone else made a thread about. and if ur gonna suggest a pedal please say why its a good pedal or something.
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
metal muff dude.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Dimebag used a Krank Distortus Maximus...hear they are pretty awesome.
look into a sansamp gt2
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
^hehh...those things are $190 bucks, IF you can find one.

Threadstarter, a metal muff will probably be your best bet.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

The MT-2 doesn't suck. He asked that if we suggest a pedal explain why we think its good. not a "Metal muff ownz all. MT-2 sucks" post.

the MT-2 i have and i can get decent sounds out of it. A lot of people don't like it because its hard to get a decent sound out of but all it takes is some alone time with it. Its built pretty solid (It is a boss after all) and after getting my settings right it sounds very good.

Thing is i wouldn't recommend it without trying it out first. Go to your local music store and try a long line of pedals and see what you like more.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Definately check out the AMT electronics California pedal, that has had really good reviews and i have heard sound samples, and it sounds amazing. Its made to dound like Mesa Boogie Rec's i think.
Quote by ibanezguitarz07
um since this is a personal request the search button wouldnt do anything since im asking for a pedal for myself not a pedal that someone else made a thread about. and if ur gonna suggest a pedal please say why its a good pedal or something.

basically you just asked the same question as the others. so, search button.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Tasman

Dime would not have used that pedal . He used Randalls and Krank amps.
well I have a MT-2 also. The distortion is thin and wirey...which is a good way of explaining it I think. It kills my tone, someone also reffered to it as sound like a bunch of bee's in a tin can...

So I think its a peice of ****, and I tried to mod it...but thats a different story...

But most people here will tell you a metal muff... I was asking this same question a while back, and I got the same responses... I got the metal muff too, I love it.

But like someone said above this question gets asked so many times, doesnt matter who asks it, always get the same repsonse...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
go the metal muff, it's really one of the best distortion pedals out there
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
Quote by Tasman

...He was dead before the pedal existed. I'm not kidding.

All of his gain came from Randall Warheads and some other randalls.
You can get some similar sounds to Pantera with the MT-2, but I honestly wouldnt recommend it. As many other people say, its very thin, weak and smooth. I'd go with a metal muff.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Quote by icyblue
go the metal muff, it's really one of the best distortion pedals out there

+1
Quote by mista cricket

Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?
save yourself and go with a metal muff. mt-2 is, like everyone has said so far, thin and very hard to get good sounds out of it. i had it for a year and i hated it... metal muff on the other hand has a very thick, chunky sound and also enough distortion for your most metal pleasures.
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
well I have a MT-2 also. The distortion is thin and wirey...which is a good way of explaining it I think. It kills my tone, someone also reffered to it as sound like a bunch of bee's in a tin can...

So I think its a peice of ****, and I tried to mod it...but thats a different story...

But most people here will tell you a metal muff... I was asking this same question a while back, and I got the same responses... I got the metal muff too, I love it.

But like someone said above this question gets asked so many times, doesnt matter who asks it, always get the same repsonse...

Turn down the level (to around 9 o'clock) and work your way from there.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but how is the metal muff for soloing? could i get a high gain smooth tone?
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by El Cumanés
Sorry to hijack the thread, but how is the metal muff for soloing? could i get a high gain smooth tone?

not really... IMO its for more of a chunky rythmn sound...
Quote by El Cumanés

i say yes, hit the top boost and it sound really cool.
Quote by Rory's_strat
Wise words my friend.

Quote by James_Water2
Who wants to sell a sold out show at MSG and insted u could be a POKEMON MASTER

http://www.youtube.com/v/Qm7EQa-cucI
WATCH^ HAHAH
You don't need a distortion pedal if you own a decent tube amp. So to help you better, what is your current set up?

ps. Piece of advice, dont fall for all this metal pedal nonsense. From my own experience, it only costs you money and you keep searching for that great metal tone. I really wonder what amps all these metal muff lovers have.
It's gotta be the Line 6 Uber Metal. You don't even need to put it on the Insane setting and it's brutal as hell.