I was wondering, would I have to transcribe parts down for the lead violin because I violin has a higher octave right? Same for the cello/bass/etc? I'm going to try and transcribe it for guitar (Although, I don't know if I'll do all the parts yet) and maybe even do a canon rock type thing. I know what your thinking "What! This is blasphemy" but I won't actually do a "rock" version but maybe changing it to see if I can do it successfully...and maybe do a "rock" version on the side.

If I have to transpose parts like, for example the cello, I would have to use a different tuning right? I'm just asking you guys to see if I'm on the right track and maybe for a little advice. Thanks , wish me luck.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Erm, sorry for the double post but I just realized, should this thread even be here? Should this be in the Musicians Talk forum or something? Do whatever you want with this Resi...if you see this.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I saw some 17 yer old kid play the solo for Winter with the Columbus Symphony Orchestra once, it was pretty much amazing, i near shat myself.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Quote by eviledge87
I saw some 17 yer old kid play the solo for Winter with the Columbus Symphony Orchestra once, it was pretty much amazing, i near shat myself.

Link? Could use it as a reference. I don't think it would be too difficult but hard nonetheless, It's just I could use some advice lol.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by sinan90
http://imslp.org/wiki/Four_Seasons_%28Vivaldi%2C_Antonio%29 There is the link to the score for Winter, if you can read music just play the top stave of music on your guitar.

Well, I would rather try my hand at transcribing because I need to work on that and my ear, but if all else fails I'll keep this for future reference. I'm also taking music in college and I'll probably need to learn how to read, so thanks .
Quote by Senor Kristian
If you want to transcribe it get a recording, there are sites which offer public domain recordings and just play it at the octave of the violin, even though guitar transposes the score up an octave, I'm pretty sure the whole part will be within range.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by sinan90
If you want to transcribe it get a recording, there are sites which offer public domain recordings and just play it at the octave of the violin, even though guitar transposes the score up an octave, I'm pretty sure the whole part will be within range.

I was going to use this video for a recording, do you think this would be fine?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RZkZNehJs7I

but if you could provide me a link to a site with a public domain recording (please that would be great.
Quote by Senor Kristian
omg that video was amazing virtuoso, the violinist was insane
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
omg that video was amazing virtuoso, the violinist was insane

I know, absolute perfection, twas orgasmic .
Quote by Senor Kristian
That recording seems fine to me, but if you want another one, PM me an email and I'll see if i can send a recording your way.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
have you looked at paul gilbert's arrangement of four seasons? its not long but definately a fun tapping sequence. i'm sure you can build on it from there.
^Yeah, I learned it two days ago but that is for Summer isn't it?
Quote by Senor Kristian