Alright, so to go with my v16, i'm getting a minimass 25watt weber attenuator. Would i need to unsolder the speaker from the amp and then solder on the the speaker after the attenutuator is installed, or is it really easy. i dont want to screw it up

Thanks
I played the V16 @ bedroom levels in Guitar Center and it sounded awesome - whatcha need an attenuator for? And yes you would have to cut the line going to the speaker and add a few feet of wire and some plugs...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
^ well, with an OCD, will i need an attentuator to go Metallica/maiden territory?
waste of money. treat yourself to some new pickups or take your girlfriend out to dinner or something.
my Blues Jr. had a speaker "jack" and a speaker wire with a plug attached. so that was nice. i have new speakers now, so i soldered everything. if you don't have a speaker that's attached through a cable, it might be hard. tell me more bout the amp.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by shtiming
Alright, so to go with my v16, i'm getting a minimass 25watt weber attenuator. Would i need to unsolder the speaker from the amp and then solder on the the speaker after the attenutuator is installed, or is it really easy. i dont want to screw it up

Thanks

Solder? Your speaker doesn't use a 1/4" jack?
im not sure, the amp is coming friday, im just preparing. but, would i need an attentuator in the first place to do metallica/maiden
no, read above, i THINK an attentuator lowers the volume, but still breaks up the tubes, in other words, cranking the amp at an lower volume. Im getting a fulltone OCD along with the V16. Forgot to mention that
^ true. metallica = preamp distortion.

i'm guessing people are starting to believe that if you push tubes hard enough, you can get any level of gain you want.

which is not true, the circuitry and voicing of the amp does more than just revolve around tubes.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Power amp distortion is distortion in the power amp. It's what happens when you crank a tube amp.

Pre amp distortion is distortion that happens when you turn the gain on an amp up, but leave the master low. On an amp without a master, those sexy beasts, you'll get both types as you turn it up.

They're different. Distortion in your power amp isn't like just cranking the pre gain to twelve, it's got its own flavor which doesn't sound like Metallica. For Metallica gain, you'll need either an OD or a higher-gain amp.
Is metallica also preamp distortion?

Sorry, im new to tube amps

EDIT: I meant Iron Maiden.
Last edited by shtiming at Aug 6, 2007,
Quote by cokeisbetter
Power amp distortion is distortion in the power amp. It's what happens when you crank a tube amp.

Pre amp distortion is distortion that happens when you turn the gain on an amp up, but leave the master low. On an amp without a master, those sexy beasts, you'll get both types as you turn it up.

They're different. Distortion in your power amp isn't like just cranking the pre gain to twelve, it's got its own flavor which doesn't sound like Metallica. For Metallica gain, you'll need either an OD or a higher-gain amp.

exactly.

metallica uses preamp when it comes to their jcm's, their triple rectos, and their mark IVs (argh).

iron maiden also used all tube 100watt marshalls. so no powertube distortion there either
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
sweet, thanks everyone. now i have no need for an attenuator do i? saved myself 80 bucks plpus shipping/tax