Lordy lord..it's a sad day.
Our guitarist has decided to quit.
And our singer is going to leave soon because he's moving away...
The band is slowly breaking up and the feeling is horrible after 1 and a half years together.

Anyone had this feeling? or situation?

[EDIT: The drummer and I (bass guitar) are still staying but this is a huge loss]
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
relationship thread
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
Quote by human-blasphamy
relationship thread

Not cool.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
teh pronz
I quit my band because I wanted to focus more on learning about music before being in a band. Maybe you'll decide to learn more about music too.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by sincewhen??
Not cool.

sorry
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
I would say go your seperate way's......unless you guys were the next zeppelin.In that case please stay together! lol
My Gear:
1.epiphone boneyard
2.hagstrom acoustic
3.Squier strat
4.Johnson acoustic
5.Peavy 158 rage
6.zoom 505 II

Although some of my gear might not be the best I still love to play them all the time
Our Guitarist Just Left also, we almost split but i saved the band at the last minute, were just looking for a lead guitarist now

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
I feel sorry for you, never been there myself, but if you play in 2 bands, maybe the loss of 1 band is less hard
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vixen
Ibanez RG7321
Cort G210
Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop
Laboga Mr. Hector
Randall 4x12
Boss MT 2
Boss BD 2
Boss DD3
Korg Pitchblack
Yes it happened to me.

Don't give up, keep writing. Show the drummer some inspiration, and audition new members. Just don't give up, trust!
Become a drum'n'bass band?

...boom boom shhh
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
We're also going to change our band name cause it was horrible, so basically a fresh start..

To the bass n drum band Nice idea but no thanks
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
teh pronz
Haven´t you heard that guitarists grow on trees? and singers...umm sing songs?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
At least you're not losing the drummer.
They're ALOT harder to find.
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
don't feel bad, I was in a band for 1 day. The drummer didn't want to drum, and it was pretty much me (guitar) and a friend (bass/vocals) that were left. So that got split up fast, now the bassist is in another band, and I'm not because 90% of the people where I live don't like me, and anyone who isn't my friend will tell me I suck at guitar without even giving me a chance to prove the wrong, or acknowledge it if I somehow can forcibly prove it to them.

so don't feel bad, I'm probably not even going to be acknowledged as a musician, no matter how hard I try, until I graduate from ****ty HS and move out. Move out far, far away from where I am and never look back...

Guitarists are a dime a dozen. Good, serious guitarists are harder to find, but there are still a ton of them. As for singers I'd say they shouldn't be hard to find either...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
1) i keep on seeing the words matt sorum and iron maden today withut them actually being there.

2) the worst thing you could do is act like its all over. bass players and drmmers are hard to find, so stay uplifted and be positive. it'll be hard, but your more then likely to pull through this if you all still feel wanted and valued.
Quote by slann101
1) i keep on seeing the words matt sorum and iron maden today withut them actually being there.

2) the worst thing you could do is act like its all over. bass players and drmmers are hard to find, so stay uplifted and be positive. it'll be hard, but your more then likely to pull through this if you all still feel wanted and valued.

Well, good bass players and drummers are hard to find. And, having been playing together for 18 months, you ought to be a pretty good rhythm section.
TBH, unless you live in the back of beyond, and the nearest other guitarist is 100 miles away, you'll probably be spoilt for choice.
Dood, guitarists grow on trees.

Just post an ad in a paper or something, you'll get hundreds of replies.

In fact, chances are you know about 3 guitarists in person anyway.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Guitarists and singers grow on trees.

WTF? Quit readin' mah mind, suckah!!!
Well you've got bass and drums. There's your rhythm section.
Half the battle with getting a hot-**** guitarist to join your band is giving him a reason to be in YOUR band. You and your drummer should jam for awhile by yourselves to get as tight as you can. Jam to the point where the guitarist would be the icing on the cake, not part of the filling.
PIT-DWELLER

Member #1 - UG RIP Cliff Burton Club: 11 members!! (PM Me to join).
Member #6 - Official Angus Young Fan Club.
Member #4 - RATM Club.
Member #4 - 'Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy' club
We still need a new bassist and drummer, but bassists seem to be dying breed where i come from! My last band was full of wankers, so i was jumping for joy when they decided to call it quits. My new one has real talent though, we jus need a rythm section
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by Vermintide
Dood, guitarists grow on trees.

Just post an ad in a paper or something, you'll get hundreds of replies.

In fact, chances are you know about 3 guitarists in person anyway.

WTF? Quit readin' mah mind, suckah!!!

Right as soon as you stop fantasising about my grandpa naked, boyo! That's just wrong.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Become a drum'n'bass band?

...boom boom shhh

The worst thing is that I was thinking the same thing.
Sorry about the singer. About the guitarist, it's not really hard to get a good one. Actually, it's really easy with some much people playing guitar.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by axerock
I would say go your seperate way's......unless you guys were the next zeppelin.In that case please stay together! lol

There are already some 'Next Led Zeppelin's floating around.
<Han> I love Hitler
Well we're 16. Still young but it's best to get an early start. As a band (since the guitarist left its been 1 and a half years together) and we had 5 gigs, recorded 2 songs (just at home) and made about 8 original songs.

The guitarist is taking all of "HIS" songs back, so we're led to like 2/3 songs left. Majority of people here have some guitarists grow on tree, it's like finding a bass player, a good guitarist is hard to find one that will be committed too. The drummer and i (bass) have been holding the band together, organising everything. So we're searching for a guitarist, and we're still going to practise: bass/vocals/drums.
Thanks for all the replies.

Cheers.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
teh pronz