Hi, i want to get a v-shaped guitar. I was actually saving up for the rr3, but then I saw the edwards al-128 alexi guitar at a local shop. I haven't heard much about edwards but since they are a sub-company of esp I think the quality must be good. Could you help me decide between both ? I'm basically a lead guitarist and i play mainly melodic death metal.
If you can, go have a shred on both of them and you can see which one suits you best?

Whats the difference in price anyway?

Personally i prefer alexi's, an ESP-SV is pretty much the same as the Edwards one your looking at, just with another pickup in the neck i think.
That'd come in handy for them lead tones.
If you can get your ands on the ESP-LTD V-250. Its around the same price as the RR3 i think. If you can go a little higher than i truly recommend the ESP-LTD V-500. excellent guitar. Set neck, EMG81's mahogany body.. just brilliant. its a King V shape aswell.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Edwards dude. I have my eyes set on the E-AL-128 as well. Really sweet axe. Flawless build quality, quality materials and looks awesome. Highly recommended over the RR3. The only Jackson that is a direct rival to that Edwards is the RR24. Between the two, the Edwards is definitely a better axe for the value. But thats just my two cents. Try both of them out and see.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
i'd go with the edwards, myself, it has an OFR.

based on the other edwards I've tried.

Considering it's in your local shop, go and try it!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd go with the edwards. Never tried one but they seem good and I hear they have good quality.
^ a couple of guys over at HC own gibson copies, i don't know of anyone offhand who owns the alexi...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the edwards is MIJ, the LTD is probably MIK, i'm guessing the edwards is nicer.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
never played an edwards but I can't find a single thing I don't like about my jackson its just awesome
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by raysoh8
Totally wrong about the quality comparison.

ESP/Jackson > LTD > Edwards.

You can't generalise that much. That implies a low end Jackson is better than a high end LTD and that even a low end LTD is better than an Edwards, neither of which are true.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
XD

ESP JP> Edwards > ESP America > LTD

Get the ESP.

EDIT: Get the Edwards*
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by raysoh8

bullshit. Have you even tried an edwards?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ my guess is that most people on here haven't tried both. I've only ever seen one edwards in the flesh, a gibson les paul special with p90's copy. Based on that (and everything which i hear about edwards), i'd assume the edwards is better, but i obviously can't say for sure.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by raysoh8

Not really...

I used to have an Edwards RV-138 which is a RR1 copy pretty much. 24 frets, EMG's, OFR, and a really comfy neck, definitely worth the $1100 they're going for on eBay if you have that much to spend.
Last edited by El Codyo at Aug 10, 2007,
Quote by raysoh8

Oi dude it goes ESP > Edwards/Jackson > LTD

Edwards are much better build quality then ltd!
BEHOLD!!!
The pile of fail in this topic:
Quote by raysoh8

Quote by PerpetualBurn
XD

ESP JP> Edwards > ESP America > LTD

Get the ESP.

EDIT: Get the Edwards*

This is probably the worst of all, if you really want to make a distinction between fail and FAIL!!!:
Quote by cheames
Edwards > LTD > Jackson Pro Series.

its a fact of life.

So a Jackson SLS3/SLSMG/SL3/RR24/RR5/RR5FR is worse than any LTD?? Show me 1 LTD that even is on par, because there is none imo (some claim the alexi 600, but even that guitar couldnt please me).
Quote by El Codyo
Not really...

I used to have an Edwards RV-138 which is a RR1 copy pretty much. 24 frets, EMG's, OFR, and a really comfy neck, definitely worth the $1100 they're going for on eBay if you have that much to spend.
The Edwards is no way near a copy of the RR1: Totally other shape, 24 frets, active pickups, other neck profile, other nut with, other fretboard radius, ... Those 2 guitars are totally different.
Quote by Pat13579
Oi dude it goes ESP > Edwards/Jackson > LTD

Edwards are much better build quality then ltd!

And, another one.

When will noobs stop saying brand X > brand Y. It's just NEVER true, unless you are comparing squier to John Suhr.

Personally, I'd go for the edwards. I dont know how much it costs, but it just seems like a nicer guitar. Best thing to do is to test befor you buy though, so you know for sure if it's really that what you like.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Mar 25, 2009,
edwards and jackson are liek comparing apples to oranges, the edwards will smoke the jackson. thrust me i own both a edwards and a jackson single pickpu v shaped guitar and my E-AL-166 is GODLY compared to my jackson. go with the edwards, you wont regret it. ima huge COBHC fan and have used both my edwards and my jackson to play their songs and the edwards kills the jackson EVERYTIME.

just my opinon on the 2

and just for stat purposes i paid 1500 for my edwards, off ebay.

the only reason i got it was i awitched from rhythm playing to lead playing and wanted a super fast shredder, and since we all know alexi is one of the top 50 fastest. i figured it would be a good buy. it was i want to get a 128 now in white and black to go with my black/pink edwards
Dean Vendetta XM Custom Build
Guitar - Ebay 20/20
Pickups - GFS H/O Hex 40/40
Tuners - Sperzel locking 59.99/59.99
Bridge- Tone Pros - 89/89

the plan. take a 20 dollar guitar and make it sound decent

COMPLETE!! PICS SOON!!
Last edited by 6 STRING NOOB at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by 6 STRING NOOB
edwards and jackson are liek comparing apples to oranges, the edwards will smoke the jackson. thrust me i own both a edwards and a jackson single pickpu v shaped guitar and my E-AL-166 is GODLY compared to my jackson. go with the edwards, you wont regret it. ima huge COBHC fan and have used both my edwards and my jackson to play their songs and the edwards kills the jackson EVERYTIME.

just my opinon on the 2

and just for stat purposes i paid 1500 for my edwards, off ebay.

the only reason i got it was i awitched from rhythm playing to lead playing and wanted a super fast shredder, and since we all know alexi is one of the top 50 fastest. i figured it would be a good buy. it was i want to get a 128 now in white and black to go with my black/pink edwards

dude you suck

It's not because the E-AL-166 suits YOU better than your RR24 that "edwards kills Jackson EVERYTIME". Hell, i'm even sure Jackson USA SL's RR's or KV's and the custom shops are guitars that no edwards will even come close to. I'm sure your edwards is a great guitar, but dont say stupid things.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
: own both a edwards and a jackson single pickpu v shaped guitar and my E-AL-166 is GODLY compared to my jackson. go with the edwards, you wont regret it. ima huge COBHC fan and have used both my edwards and MY jackson to play their songs and the edwards kills the jackson EVERYTIME. "

SAYING I USE MY RR24, NOT A "CUSTOM SHOP MODEL" OR JACKSON USA, OR WTF EVER. AND THRUTHFULLY MY EDWARDS IS BETTER THAN A RR3

dude read my effing post u tard muffin. he wanted an honest opinon. i own both a jackson and a edwards, there fore my opinon would count. whats ur gear i dont even see it posted, prolly a dean vendetta XM, O WAIRT U HAVE A LTD. I SEE IN YOUR SIG LMAO LTDS ARE TRASH JUST KILL URSELF NOW so STFU and if you dont have something to help dude with picking a guitar get the F*** out of the thread. it amazes me how people think they know everything. and yeah MY EDWARDS S***S ALL OVER MY JACKSON, JACKSON HASNT BEEN THE SAME SINCE FENDER TOOK OVER IN 2002, ASK ALEXI WHY DO YOU THINK HE SWITCHED? HE USED TO USE JACKSON V SHAPES. WHEN HIS EQUIPTMENT GOT STOLEN, JACKSON SAID IT WOULD TAKE A YEAR FOR HIM TO GET SOME CUSTOMS GUITARS MADE, ESP DID IT IN 3 MONTHS. DO SOME HOMEWORK, RESEARCH, READ REVIEWS, AND GET EDUCATED IN WHAT YOU ARE RESPONDING TO

HE SAID HE WAS DECIDING BETWEEN A JACKSON RR3 AND A EDWARDS
THE EDWARDS OWNS THE JACKSON RR3 IT MAY NOT SOME OF THE MODELS U MENTIONED BUT HES NOT LOOKING INTO THOSE. HES LOOKING INTO A RR3 OR A EDWARDS READ THE FIRST EFF-ING POST U RETARD.

"I was actually saving up for the rr3, but then I saw the edwards al-128 alexi guitar at a local shop.

SO NEXT TIME THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT. MAYBE U LIKE THAT KIND OF THING, MAYBE UR PARENTS DIDNT HUG U ENOUGH WHEN U WERE LITTLE, OR MAYBE SOMEONE PEE'D IN YOUR CORN FLAKES THIS MORNING IDK,
Guitar - Ebay 20/20
Tuners - Sperzel locking 59.99/59.99
Bridge- Tone Pros - 89/89

the plan. take a 20 dollar guitar and make it sound decent

COMPLETE!! PICS SOON!!
Last edited by 6 STRING NOOB at Mar 25, 2009,
lmao just noticed it was from 2007 LMAO
Guitar - Ebay 20/20