Here's the deal
I have a 65 reissue deluxe reverb
it's ok it's really to trebley for my tastes but it's a good amp
one day the reverb and the tremolo just stopped working
so i took it to the shop yesterday
and they guy said it could be a couple of months before it's done
if i went back today and got it back and sold it on ebay how much could i get for it (not working tremolo and reverb)
and if i did sell it should i get an AC 15
i think the british voicing suits me better (i also have a 50 watt plexi but i can't bring that everywhere hence the smaller combos)
which AC15 should i get?
so to sum it up
will an ac15 suit me better than a deluxe reverb?
how much could i get for a deluxe reverb with the tremolo and reverb not working?
thanks guys
I think you should get the one with the Alnico Blue speaker, its better than the custom Vox one. Maybe spend a bit extra for the AC30? They're both rather different amps.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
i think the 30 will be too big and i don't want to spend more than like $600
if i could get one for less than i can sell the verb for so i could get a flight case that would be sweet
Ah yeah, the AC30's are incredibly heavy. Yeah, I guess you could also get a flight case with it too. Also, are Orange available where you're living? Because if you can afford a Rocker 30, you should get it. Doesn't weigh much, probably around the same as an AC15 I should think. It's got decent cleans and it's OD out-Plexi's a Plexi. Though the AC15 comes with reverb and tremolo, and probably has better cleans. It's all about what you prefer in the end, and IMO you should probably go with the AC15.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
i think i might
Do you have any idea how much it would be to get the reverb and tremolo fixed on the verb
i think i should get that fixed before i sell it
i can look for someone
i have always wanted an orange
but for a small combo i want somethign at least a little similar to the delxue
Quote by guitaristd
i think i might
Do you have any idea how much it would be to get the reverb and tremolo fixed on the verb
i think i should get that fixed before i sell it
i can look for someone
i have always wanted an orange
but for a small combo i want somethign at least a little similar to the delxue

I think you should get it fixed too, you'll get more money with that. I think if you go to as many guitar shops as you can, you might be able to find one that does repairs. Maybe for around $100-200? I have no idea about that.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
i was hoping like less than $50
but so many different things could be wrong with it there is really no telling
i'll proboly go get it monday
IMHO, the AC15 is inferior to the Deluxe Reverb by quite a bit. It's not a smaller AC30, it's different, and not as good. Fewer features, lesser tone.

A couple months to repair the tremolo and reverb is insane. Have you tried changing the tubes? It could be something as simple as that. If not, it really should be a relatively easy fix. You'll still get banged over $100 for labor, but it's worth fixing.

In fact, as the owner of a Deluxe Reverb, I'm deeply saddened by the idea of you giving up on it. It's a great amp, and much better than anything you'll find new for $600. First, get the verb and trem fixed. Then, maybe contact Doug over at Doug's Tubes and tell him your concerns about the tone of the amp. He'll give you helpful suggestions to get closer to the tone you want. Ask about it in the Everything/Tube sticky, too. Roc's a huge resource in there.

Maybe think about swapping the speaker, too. Again, an email out to Ted at Weber Speakers will get you some solid, honest recommendations to get you the tone you want.

You've got a GREAT AMP! Fix it up to your specs. It'll be better than anything else you can find.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
wow
i did change the tubes sence the reverb and tremolo are tube driven that was my first guess
i put jj tubes in it because i heard they were darker tubes and it did help but not quite enough
and it already has an after market speaker in it a jenson something
i will proboly go back tomorrow and get the amp anyway take it to another shop
i guess i will keep it
thanks for your help i really really appreciate it
Last edited by guitaristd at Aug 5, 2007,
^

The Jensen is probably a great speaker, but it's very "Fendery," and probably contributing quite a bit to the brightness of your amp. Something like a Celestion Greenback will dramatically alter the character of the amp. Over at Weber, they'll be able to hook you up with something more affordable.

I'd expect JJ's to darken the tone somewhat, too. Get some other opinions. The speaker will do more than a tube swap.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Last edited by slatsmania at Aug 5, 2007,
after i get the reverb and tremolo working i will look into a new speak
any particular webers?
or any speaks you would like to reccomend
I like the tone of the amp as is, so it's tough for me to say. That's why I suggested you make contact with the people over at Weber. They make a great, affordable product, and they are very helpful with honest advice.

But something like the Greenback would be worth looking into. It would probably subdue the tone in a "British" way. Maybe get you halfway to the Vox sound you were thinking about. The Eminence Red Fang is supposed to be a higher wattage Celestion Blue (the speaker that makes the AC30) clone. That would probably be another solid choice. Gabe just put one in his Orange Rocker 30 and loves it, maybe hit him up.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by guitaruboy
i'm surprised slats hasn't mentioned looking for a 1X12 AC30
more wattage, not as big as with 2 speakers, plus its cheaper

Actually, that's not a bad choice. Tougher to find, but when you do, they should come in around $600 used. Still pretty heavy, but a lot easier to get around than the standard 2x12.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i think i am gonna try and find those celestion speakers they put in the 1960 cabs
not the vintage ones
cause i ran my verb though my marshall cab one time and it sounded amazing.
how much do you think just one will be?
are they hard to install?