if i were to mod a ts-7 to ts808 specs as if i were to mod a ts-9 to ts-808 specs?

ts-7 is £35, ts-9 is more like £70-80, i found a nice pictured step-by-step guide to modding the ts-7 and although i've never modded it looks incredibly simple (i have some experience with soldering, just not on circuitry) just wondering if modding the ts-9 is worth the bigger price?
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Maybe, I don't know the schem for a TS7. I'd guess it would be similar, with cheaper parts or the like.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
^ i don't consider myself experienced enough (by that i mean the most i've ever done was re solder a loose wire and change a battery) to completely build a pedal from scratch, otherwise i'd be more than happy to. i'd rather start cheap and extra simple.
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Before I built my first pedal (which was the Big Muff Pi from the same site) the only soldering I'd done was rewiring my strat - the kits are really pretty simple to assemble - I'd say get a kit until you work out what it's all about.

The layouts are pretty easy to follow, no need for reading schematics, it's just a question of being really methodical, and taking your time and making sure that everything is soldered properly.

I reckon it'd probably easier to build a kit than to de-solder and resolder some mass produced PCB. I might be lucky, but I haven't built a pedal that didn't work first time so far!
To answer your original question, it'll be the same in the end if you mod either one to TS808 specs. A TS9 is somewhat simpler, though- I believe you only need to change two resistors and (sometimes) the op-amp.
^ thing is, if a ts9 is £70-£80, you can get a maxon od808 for £99...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ but then if i can mod a £35 pedal to a ts808 i'll be all the happier if only i had a darn job, nowhere wants me with my scruffy hair lol
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
^ yeah, i just meant if you were going to mod the £80 one you maybe might as well just buy the £99 maxon, which has true bypass too, i believe.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hate to Hijack an old thread, but I've been offered a ts7 modded to ts808 specs for £40. I reckon I'm gonna go for it. The only other viable alternative I can think of in that range is the bad monkey. Any input??
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.