I'm saving up for one of these, its gonna take a long time to save for. Thing is i can't find anywhere online or in any shops that sells them so i can't find how much it will cost so i don't know how much money i'm trying to reach. I think they'd cost around £800 because looking on reviews people say they paid $1800-ish, but i don't know of anywhere in the UK that sells them, i need to know for when i have got enough money.

anyone know where to get them?

edit: also i'd imagine it'd be a lot cheaper to get one from the US. If you know of any places that stock these that will ship to the UK, please post that too.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 5, 2007,
Quote by Storm_Bringer_

yeah i realised that when i looked on thomann, it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper from the US, thats why i edited the original post.
Rig Winter 2017:

well from US you'd be paying the price plus shipping (my guess is £50 but we'll say £100 to be on the safe side) and then there's the whole VAT/customs charges etc. probably around £1500 altogether although that is in no way at all reliable. the cheaper american sites like mf don't ship to the UK. i'll have a quick look

edit: all of them seem to redirect to MF so no go.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Last edited by Storm_Bringer_ at Aug 5, 2007,
Quote by ooder the cow
do you not know how to use search bars?

Froogle it dammit

you think i haven't been browsing the net and LONDON first? this is a rickenbacker we're talking about dammit. if you haven't got anything useful to say, go to bed.

maybe by the time i've saved the money (which will not be for a long time, a year at least if its gonna cost £1.5k) it'll be cheaper? i can only hope, i'm trying to get a job at the moment.
Rig Winter 2017:

^ lol that made me laugh.. finally someone with good taste ; ). why dont you get a 360/12 theyre like £1100 and the middle pickup doesnt rly make a difference
Quote by .smudged.
^ lol that made me laugh.. finally someone with good taste ; ). why dont you get a 360/12 theyre like £1100 and the middle pickup doesnt rly make a difference

because i have a perfectly good 12-string, its not a rickenbacker, i don't have too much use for a 12-string really anyway.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Punk_Ninja
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/340/3215

looked simerlar to it but i dont think they have the same model at gak, all under £2000 though

i forgot about that. Won't take so long to save up for that, it uses the same electronics circuit as the 325. Those don't sound quite as sharp as the 325, because of the bigger body (also its hollow rather than semi-hollow), still got a nice short scale length too i might just go for that.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Blompcube
because i have a perfectly good 12-string, its not a rickenbacker, i don't have too much use for a 12-string really anyway.

then get a 330 or a 360 used, better choice imo.
Quote by .smudged.
then get a 330 or a 360 used, better choice imo.

or a used 340? i'd prefer to have 3 pickups. it makes a lot more difference than it seems, because the mid and neck pickups are wired together, and the blend pot balances the levels of those 2 pickups, effectively giving you all the possible pickup combinations (7, the 2 pickup models have 3 combinations and a blend pot that balances them both).
Rig Winter 2017:

I've decided the 325s are way overpriced for what they are. They are all branded with the John Lennon sales gimmick (his signature model is even more expensive) and associated with the beatles, i think that playing one would make me look like a beatles fanboy, which would overstate how much i like the beatles a little (actually, on saturday i went on a pilgrimage to abbey road, maybe i am a fanboy after all).

I'm clear on the fact i want a 3-pickup model, the 340 looks like the best option for me, it's the same as the 325 imo only bigger.
Rig Winter 2017: