I was wondering if someone could give me some examples of [simple] Blues licks to play? I know the Blues scale and whatnot but I'm looking for example of somewhat simple blues licks that sound good to practice on and just have fun with. Thanks!
its all blues scale, so if you know that scale just mess around. possibly look up some tabs of your favorite blues songs and steal some licks from there
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Learn the A-minor penatonic scale and go from there. It's the first scale I ever learned, and most simple blues solos and riffs stem from that formation, just on different parts of the fretboard.

e--------------------------------------5--8----8--5-----------------------------------------
B-------------------------------5--8------------------8--5----------------------------------
G-----------------------5--7---------------------------------7--5---------------------------
D----------------5--7-----------------------------------------------7--5--------------------
A---------5--7-------------------------------------------------------------7--5-------------
E--5--8---------------------------------------------------------------------------8--5------
2006 Schecter C-1 Elite
2006 Gibson Les Paul Studio
original 1966 Gibson J-45 acoustic with a suburst top
2003 Ibanez Acoustic/Electric
2004 Ibanez Soundgear 400 bass
Crate amps
D'Addario strings
and Dunlop Tortex picks
yeah i use red house a lot in my blues lick stealing hahaha. try that song.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣